B.Student

Reaction score
Hello,

I am a Master’s student and I am writing to ask for some help in research I am conducting. I would be very grateful.

The research is qualitative and will focus on the communication in the workplace between the d/Deaf or Hard of Hearing community and the hearing community. Specifically, I am looking at the role VRS plays in this communication.

The purpose of my research (besides writing my thesis) is to help raise awareness of the needs and preferences of deaf/Deaf/HOH individuals in the workplace. Based on what I have seen and read there seems to be ignorance in some parts of the working world and it has resulted in insufficient accommodations, inadequate communication tools, and a lack of understanding among co-workers and employers. This is something that needs to be improved upon.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post. Please message me if you would be interested in contributing to my research by agreeing to an interview (I am happy to keep you anonymous if you wish). If you have questions in regards to the thesis I will happily answer them in a message or on this discussion board. I have a lot to learn on the subject so any other information, comments, etc. on the topic would be greatly appreciated as well.

Thank you,
Blythe

Back