VP200 and Ojo

SnoopyDog

Reaction score
Question: Do anyone of you have both VP200 and Ojo?

Question: Do you get both separate 10 digit phone number for VP200 and Ojo? Like for example: VP200 local number would be 303-444-4534 and Ojo would be 303-345-4235 ??? Or must have the same number for both VP200 and Ojo?

Just curious. Thanks.

I have both at home. VP200 in living room, Ojo in my garage on workbench (I'm not trying to taking it apart!! Just for VP chat or calling autoparts ect through Ojo).

I tried to call VP200 from Ojo. It works but Ojo show both self and Vp200 view while VP200 just show blank but self view shown. I tried to call VP200 to Ojo, won't work. Both have different number anyway.

Catty

yeah - when calling to yourself with different vp numbers but same public ip, you will have black view issues. you need to call each device by private ip address.

We have both Ojo and VP200. I tried to call from my VP200 (my 10 digital #) to OJO (my 10 digital #) or OJO to VP200 in our house. Still not work at all.
I do not want to buy 2nd IP address

I have both at home. VP200 in living room, Ojo in my garage on workbench (I'm not trying to taking it apart!! Just for VP chat or calling autoparts ect through Ojo).

I tried to call VP200 from Ojo. It works but Ojo show both self and Vp200 view while VP200 just show blank but self view shown. I tried to call VP200 to Ojo, won't work. Both have different number anyway.

Catty

if you want to test call to both devices, try and call from Viable Vision on the PC, I called myself to my Dlink videophone, it works.

I am pretty confused now what you guys are talking about.

I have the same problem on these videophones. Recently, I was told that if you want to talk on Ojo, then you will need to disconnect your VP-200 temporarily. (Again, same thing to disconnect Ojo if you want to use the VP-200.)

I still hate it. I still want them together just like regular telephones that "ring" fine as well.

I agree with you that I don't even want to pay a 2nd IP address for a 2nd videophone.

I am pretty confused now what you guys are talking about.

I have the same problem on these videophones. Recently, I was told that if you want to talk on Ojo, then you will need to disconnect your VP-200 temporarily. (Again, same thing to disconnect Ojo if you want to use the VP-200.)

I still hate it. I still want them together just like regular telephones that "ring" fine as well.

I agree with you that I don't even want to pay a 2nd IP address for a 2nd videophone.

Not neccesary, Let Router sort this out. Also Ojo use STUN server so it can connect regardless. What you can do is to plug Ojo and VP200 to Router and then reboot the Router. It'll reconfigure Local IP address and Both VP would work just fine. I had no problem with it.

One of my friend use Switch instead of Router, It works nicely on his Ojo and VP200. He was able to get both to "see" each other and both have self view and incoming view working!! He will have to explain me how he did with it.

Catty

Not neccesary, Let Router sort this out. Also Ojo use STUN server so it can connect regardless. What you can do is to plug Ojo and VP200 to Router and then reboot the Router. It'll reconfigure Local IP address and Both VP would work just fine. I had no problem with it.

One of my friend use Switch instead of Router, It works nicely on his Ojo and VP200. He was able to get both to "see" each other and both have self view and incoming view working!! He will have to explain me how he did with it.

Catty

What's kind of your friend have router, then? I have AT&T Wireless 2wire Gateway(current disconnect) and two Dlink DI-604( i bought my own D-link and use Sorenson Dlink) but i have use Cable (roadrunner). So those Dlink will workin with Ojo and Vp-200? I curious!

Catty

Okay, I will try it. I tried them before, and they won't ring. Maybe, this is what I need is to set a STUN server on my Ojo. I hope that it will be a simple for me to set it up.

Please let us know if you find out about how does your friend uses the Switch instead of router. That would be great.

Okay, I will try it. I tried them before, and they won't ring. Maybe, this is what I need is to set a STUN server on my Ojo. I hope that it will be a simple for me to set it up.

Please let us know if you find out about how does your friend uses the Switch instead of router. That would be great.

:lol: I will ask him to explain it to me again. He said what he did was Plug in VP200 to switch and power it up and let it arrive to home screen. Then plugged Ojo to switch and powered up and let it arrive to home screen. So each VP have same ip address. He managed to have all 3 of vp to do video on self and view screen all same time. :dizzy:

Catty

:lol: I will ask him to explain it to me again. He said what he did was Plug in VP200 to switch and power it up and let it arrive to home screen. Then plugged Ojo to switch and powered up and let it arrive to home screen. So each VP have same ip address. He managed to have all 3 of vp to do video on self and view screen all same time. :dizzy:

Catty

Hmm Two static IP address are same that will be collision. Never will be same IP address at same network. I think he mean WAN IP address, not LAN IP address.

I believe your friend use DHCP, not static IP. DHCP never will be same IP address or IP address collision.

Switch or Router do not matter for OjO and VP200... Remember modem have built-in DHCP then no need router. IF modem don't have then use router. All depend what modem they use.

Hmm Two static IP address are same that will be collision. Never will be same IP address at same network. I think he mean WAN IP address, not LAN IP address.

I believe your friend use DHCP, not static IP. DHCP never will be same IP address or IP address collision.

Switch or Router do not matter for OjO and VP200... Remember modem have built-in DHCP then no need router. IF modem don't have then use router. All depend what modem they use.

Yeah, I thought so. But he managed to get it. He took pix of 3 vp showing two same pix, self and view pointing at him taking pix. I asked him is it photoshopped, he said No, seriously it's working! So he explained how it worked. To me sound complicated. He's not wonk on networking but one of his friend show him how and he remember how to do it. The only problem is that if power outage occur and VP rebooted, VP would steal other static ip and own it. He had to re-set everything. Interesting. :crazy:

Catty

Question: Do anyone of you have both VP200 and Ojo?

Question: Do you get both separate 10 digit phone number for VP200 and Ojo? Like for example: VP200 local number would be 303-444-4534 and Ojo would be 303-345-4235 ??? Or must have the same number for both VP200 and Ojo?

Just curious. Thanks.

I have VP 100 so no longer work I m still currently waiting for vp 200 for long time. But yes I do have OJO,, so I use ojo the most since it better.

STUN server in Ojo should be automatic. If it doesn't ring, reboot router. If it still doesn't ring, try disable Router's firewall which caused the problem. My Belkin N wireless router did cause problem until I disabled the firewall and finally I was able to receive calls on Ojo and also no more blank self view screen when calling VRS.

As for VP200, you'll have to call tech service if you have problem receiving calls. What you can do is to either disable firewall (like I mentioned) or if Tech tell you to add lines on Virtual server. Some routers may require long list of lines. You can turncate lines like "VP1-VP18 | 1501-1523 | UDP | 1501-1523" using hyphen in between strings instead of typing up each lines. So this make thing quick and easy for you. I did put TWO lines in my Belkin Router's Virtural Server instead of 25 lines (my belkin router only have up to 23 lines). It's truly a time saver and save your butt.

So it depends on each Routers. I was told that Belkin Router was the only one out of many routers requiring Virtual server to fix incoming calls. He told me that Belkin is the only unlucky router. :lol:

Catty

Thanks guys for all the information. I still haven't heard from Snap!VRS accepting my application. So, I have no idea, my friend told me it took a week for him so :dunno2:

Thanks guys for all the information. I still haven't heard from Snap!VRS accepting my application. So, I have no idea, my friend told me it took a week for him so :dunno2:

I am aware of it. It takes time for processing and to get Ojo takes a year cuz of waiting list. My friend too are waiting for a year. I told her that she'll get it very soon anyway.

Catty

Back