Vp

VP is short for VideoPhone ;)

So do I

VP = VideoPhone which is a device where it connects the high speed internet technology and you call friends and other people to chat or whatever, using ASL (American Sign Language) and you also use it to call hearing people via VRS (Video Relay Service)

It is a videophone (VP) use for the Deaf to communicate with other Deaf people with ASL and also do have relay service for Deaf person to relay to the operator on the videophone to talk to hearing people who don't have videophone(VP). It is almost the same way with TTY/TDD which I am using it to communicate with Deaf people who have own TDD but can relay through the relay operator to communicate with hearing people.

By the way, I don't have VP just only my old TDD to communicate while I am typing it out what I want to say to the other lines to Deaf people or Relay operator. I hope that will clarify you knowing what is VP is. :)

Thanks guys I was feeling like a idiot when people kept saying VP

JC: thanks for the technical break down

Thanks guys I was feeling like a idiot when people kept saying VP

JC: thanks for the technical break down

If you know ASL - you can apply for a VP - 200 from sorsenson (sp?) company ...

If you know ASL - you can apply for a VP - 200 from sorsenson (sp?) company ...

I dont think one needs to know ASL to get VP...I know a few oral deaf who didnt know any sign language who have VP themselves. I could be wrong..

I dont think one needs to know ASL to get VP...I know a few oral deaf who didnt know any sign language who have VP themselves. I could be wrong..

U mean you're saying they have oral terps? Hmmmm.......for hearing people, I have a VCO feature with my CSDVRS but I still will need the terp on the Sorenson monitor. I don't use it very much but there's a few deafies around here who really, really rely on their VP and they call us. I know the VRS industry doesn't like the deaf to deaf VRS thing but there isn't a thing they can do about that..

P.S. I think you should order the VRS now and by the time they get around to installing (lag time, big time) yours, your middle name might be Smoky Fingers! lol, if not, so what; the equipment will be there, waiting for you.

yeah, I know, I noticed that they are allowed to do so as they can help boost their knowledge in ASL, which has happened to me too, I am quite fluent in ASL.

Shel90, you should judge my ASL soon though :cool2:

yeah, I know, I noticed that they are allowed to do so as they can help boost their knowledge in ASL, which has happened to me too, I am quite fluent in ASL.

Shel90, you should judge my ASL soon though :cool2:

Ahh, so this VP ASL it is done without the clothes, yes?

Back