Voicing for yourself

Of course you should go to the gym with your brother. Go in there and work like an animal. Let him be your wing man for a while carving a niche.
There is no payoff for a young male to be physically less than he can be. Not just physically strong but tough as well. It will be painful but you will burn up frustration and anxiety and develop aspects of yourself that will help you in numerous ways. Really help.

Yes, thinking about helping others does stop the pity party for myself. I don't exercise regularly at the moment. Since I've had meningitis I have very poor balance and get dizzy. Even getting up from a chair to quickly put my head into a spin. My brother goes to the gym regularly and he has invited me to go with him. I always tell him no, maybe I should consider it and try it out.

Sounds like a great idea!

You could ask your doctor or a physiotherapist if they have any advice when it comes to exercise. Maybe balance could be improved?

Good luck, wish you the best!

Sounds like a great idea!

You could ask your doctor or a physiotherapist if they have any advice when it comes to exercise. Maybe balance could be improved?

Good luck, wish you the best!

Good point. Look into exercise that doesn't require a whole lot of balance... maybe swimming or water aerobics. Start from sitting positions in some exercises too.

Yes, thinking about helping others does stop the pity party for myself. I don't exercise regularly at the moment. Since I've had meningitis I have very poor balance and get dizzy. Even getting up from a chair to quickly put my head into a spin. My brother goes to the gym regularly and he has invited me to go with him. I always tell him no, maybe I should consider it and try it out.
Go to the gym. You may need a program customized for your needs but it can be done.

I'm 67 years old, with Parkinson's Disease, and I go to the gym four times a week for Rock Steady Boxing workouts. It's a challenge but well worth it, to me.

Go to the gym. You may need a program customized for your needs but it can be done.

I'm 67 years old, with Parkinson's Disease, and I go to the gym four times a week for Rock Steady Boxing workouts. It's a challenge but well worth it, to me.

Thanks for the encouragement Reba. I've been thinking about hiring a personal trainer. I'd have to go to a different gym than my brother because his gym doesn't have personal trainers. He goes to Planet Fitness. I am still looking online to see which one is the right one for me. At the house here we have a pool and I've been doing a little bit of swimming. I find floating on my back really relaxes me too.

Back