verizon poor customer service

nickysunflower

Reaction score
I got a Droid phone last year. It was great no problem. Last spring I started not receiving my texts and on email. They fixed it twice. The next time I got a like new phone. Yesterday I got another " Like new phone". This one makes everybody sound like a robot. My kids cannot even hear on it. I am going back to demand a brand new phone. They know I am HOH and rely heavily on my email, and texts. I have not received all my messages today. They better give me a new phone. I am being cut off from communication with these crappy "like new phones!" Any thoughts?

But Verizon will early termination fees at $350 if canceling service or switching other carrier.

That's high. My husband has Verizon, but he has had good luck even when he had to have a phone replaced.

But Verizon will early termination fees at $350 if canceling service or switching other carrier.

I knew there was a penalty fee if break their contract but I did not know it was that bad! The OP should file a complain if Verizon does not fix the problem.
I called Comcast when they had a special deal on telephone service . I asked if I had Verizon as my internet carrier and Comcast as my phone carries would I still be able to use my computer and Comcast said "yes I would " Will they LIED!! I was not able to use my computer and I was cut from the internet! I felt so cut off, I was not able to get any emails or use AllDeaf! Comcast told they could hook me up to their line. I told Comcast that I asked if I would lose my internet service and was "No, I would not." I was so pissed off that got rid Comcast as phone carrier and they PAID me back the money that it cost me get my computer back on line! I made it very clear that I was HOH and they had cut me off !

I use Verizon, my experience is good with the connection, but as customer service... I had to try several Verizon stores for the right person.. now I even have his (verizon) workers text number for any help.. so sometimes searching helps.. I hate doing customer service over relay.. too long etc. From what I've learned, as long as the phone is not cracked or broken in half, they shld be able to replace the phone if any plms.. just don't forget to do your backup save first..

OP, I feel your pain with ****ty customer service from VZW. I also know what you mean by not receiving texts, emails, etc, etc on your droid ( I went through 9 phones). Luckily I found a great CSR at a local branch, the guy knows I am deaf and goes above and beyond to help me. Yesterday I finally broke down and got a new phone (droid bionic), the phone is $299.99 w/ 2 year contract, i also got a case($20) and a 3 pack($13) of screen protectors, as well as there is a $35 activation fee + 9.25% state sales tax..............I walked out the door and paid $300.01. He saved me about $97

There needs to be a LEMON LAW for phones!

There kind of is....

ETFs are (usually) illegal if you can prove there were problems with the service. Thing is you have to give the company a chance to fix the problem first. My advice would be to send a complaint via Certified Mail. Also keep a log of all issues and and CS reps talked to.

When cancelling do it by Certified mail as well and in that letter state that you dispute any charges for ETF. That way if they slap it on your credit you can show that you disputed the charges in a timely manner.

That is what I did with Sprint..... No problems

Thanks for all the advice guys. The csr made a call on my phone, and said yeah it is messed up, and they will send another "Like like new phone. "Any I am sick of these crappy phones. I will be writing that letter. Also one to Motorola!

I dislike Verizon greatly. I gladly paid an early cancellation fee and left them and the rude salespersons, the expensive fees and the refusal to simply be nice. Pft.

Now I have a 'droid from Virgin. I pay only 25.00 per month. It is very fast for only 3g. All the bells and whistles and it is great.

Good luck with Verizon. I did write, text, complain, and all legal recourse. They did not care.

I'm all about Metro PCS, flat rate unlimited everything and now with the new LG Esteem I can video call my Relay people :)

definitely try to break out of that contract

I dislike Verizon greatly. I gladly paid an early cancellation fee and left them and the rude salespersons, the expensive fees and the refusal to simply be nice. Pft.

Now I have a 'droid from Virgin. I pay only 25.00 per month. It is very fast for only 3g. All the bells and whistles and it is great.

Good luck with Verizon. I did write, text, complain, and all legal recourse. They did not care.

Yep, That's why I use Virgin Mobile they're great service at Best Buy Mobile. I use the phone card to credit my phone bill, either at Holiday store or Best Buy store.

I was at best buy store in few month ago, they're run out of the $25 phone card, and they asked me get the $30 phone card. So I finally found the multi-amount phone cards (10/20/25/50/100) in one phone card and I asked the holiday salesperson I picked the $25 and they entering the "Game/Phone Card" machine to print out the pin ticket.

some stores have a phone cards with a multi-amount. you can ask salesperson to select the amount you want to pay then they can print out the pin ticket.

@PowerWCRulez - I just went to Virginmobileusa.com and signed up online. Now my 25.00 (about 26 and change) comes out of my account every month. I never worry about top up cards. I get unlimited everything and 300 voice minutes. The relay service uses the phone minutes. I even have a purple mail ap. I think I want to save money to get the new phone from them. It has a front facing camera. Wow.
My other friends use other expensive services and have fewer services than Virgin offers. They pay over 200 a month! Yikes.

Verizon was horrible. I asked for two years for the "Deaf Plan" they offered at that time and was continually postponed, stalled and even told that my whole family would have to use that service. I was the only deafie on our family plan. I used every avenue to try to get my rights. No. I was treated rudely both online and in person. One store associate, after being told I was deaf, left me in the store for 2 hours. I finally found her and demanded why everyone else was first. She said - get this - "I called you over an hour and a half ago!" I pointed at the very large "gizmo" around my neck, the head phones and made a "duh" face at her. She leaned into the device and yells, " how close to I have to be to this thing before you hear me??" Yes, I reported her. She is still there. Finally, I gladly paid the early termination charges. After doing the math I saved over 100 a month!

if they cannot fix it to customer's satisfaction... the termination fee is voided.

Back