Verizon or Straight Talk: what your option?

Josh B

Reaction score
I might get new Android smartphone under that carrier... my budget is little tight.

Verizon Edge have better smartphones feature, but their bill monthly is little too high on my budget.

Straight Talk have probably better plans($45 mo. for 3gb data and anything unlimited), but their selection of smartphones are somewhat lack....

Help me with your option.

P.S.

AT&T is out of option!

I might get new Android smartphone under that carrier... my budget is little tight.

Verizon Edge have better smartphones feature, but their bill monthly is little too high on my budget.

Straight Talk have probably better plans($45 mo. for 3gb data and anything unlimited), but their selection of smartphones are somewhat lack....

Help me with your option.

P.S.

AT&T is out of option!

I have a couple of friends who have had bad experiences with both, and I'm going to share them so you are aware.

For Verizon, like you said, the bill is kinda high, and I had a friend who had bad experiences with that. And he had an issue with excessive GB usage, and paying more than he should have been.

For Straight Talk, I wouldn't buy this, especially if you're planning on using a mobile VP on a webcam phone. My other friend, who had an iPhone 5 that got messed up pretty good using Straight Talk, and even now, she still has problems with it. They also have a limit on GB, too.

If I may, Sprint, I heard, has a prepaid plan now, and a friend of mine, his roommate brought an iPhone for just $149 not long ago. Just a thought.

I have a couple of friends who have had bad experiences with both, and I'm going to share them so you are aware.

For Verizon, like you said, the bill is kinda high, and I had a friend who had bad experiences with that. And he had an issue with excessive GB usage, and paying more than he should have been.

For Straight Talk, I wouldn't buy this, especially if you're planning on using a mobile VP on a webcam phone. My other friend, who had an iPhone 5 that got messed up pretty good using Straight Talk, and even now, she still has problems with it. They also have a limit on GB, too.

If I may, Sprint, I heard, has a prepaid plan now, and a friend of mine, his roommate brought an iPhone for just $149 not long ago. Just a thought.

Sprint is also out of option. *sigh* No coverage in my area. *sigh again* Look like 2 options to left.

Sprint is also out of option. *sigh* No coverage in my area. *sigh again* Look like 2 options to left.

What about Boost Mobile or Virgin Mobile? Either are good, but I dunno if they're covered that far south.

I believe there is $54 for 2gb plan with Verizon.

I believe there is $54 for 2gb plan with Verizon.

$110 on first month with Verizon Edge, next month after that, down to 70 to 80. That's not bad for first time Verizon customer....

:shock: I did not know that. Thanks for that info. Pardon me, then.

Yeah, I quite surprised that Virgin Mobile under Sprint, not Verizon

Say, what about T-Mobile? Unless they're not covered down there?

nooooooo nooooooo NOOOOOOO NOOOOOOO!!! That give me nightmare!!!

Look at other MVNO's that use Verizon towers. Page Plus is one that has a good reputation. Although the parent company of TracFone did buy them awhile back nothing has changed because of that so far. There is a lot of talk about them getting 4G service in the not to distant future.

At. this point you can bring any Verizon Postpaid 3G phone (but not one that was sold for their Prepaid service), have one that is 4G or from another CDMA provider "flashed" for use on PagePlus. You do not have to buy a phone from Page Plus.

The company web site is at: https://www.pagepluscellular.com/

There is also a lot of information on a web site run by one of their dealers that I have found to be reliable.
Kitty Forums

Back