Verizon now offer Plan for Deaf and HH

dogboy

Reaction score
Check this out link.

Geek.com Geek News - Verizon Wireless test marketing Accessibility Plan

I just called Verizon Wireless Customer Service. They told me that they still have a plan for deaf and HH.

$39.99 a month
unlimited domestic text
unlimited data
100 voice minute per month

I still have Blackberry. I'm thinking about to change it to this plan. One problem is that my contract will delay two more years. Also I still can get New Every Two Program. That mean every two years I can get new phone for $100 off.

Anything with 2 years sucks. :(

However, that does sound like a good plan. I wouldn't mind taking advantage of that plan when I finish college and get a job.

Make sure you buy it dinner before you take advantage of it. *rim shot*

I couldn't resist.

That does seem like a good deal, and I can recieve a 22% corporate discount from Verizon. I might consider jumping from T-Mobile for this. The ENV looks like a pretty cool phone, comparable to the Sidekick.

Sorry I misread it.

I misread on the website. The right plan is $39.99 for unlimited domestic text message and 100 voice minute per month. If you want to use unlimited data plan additional $40 month.

I'm not going to change on that plan. Sorry about post at first place.

100 voice minutes for the deaf--uhh...TTY anyone?

I bet it's for hard-of-hearing only who has an ability to hear at an extent possible. The plan with 100 voice minutes doesn't make sense for the deaf.

So with unlimited text messaging for $39.99/month, if you ignore about the 100 voice minute plan, what do you think about this plan if you are only going to be using text messaging?

$39.99 for voice and text (no data according to the updated post) is no better than the current voice plans out there for hearing people. Someone just decided to tell dogboy, "Yes we do have D/HH plans! Instead of telling you that it's the exact plan for hearing people, I'll tell him that it's special and get a sale!"

Anything with 2 years sucks. :(

However, that does sound like a good plan. I wouldn't mind taking advantage of that plan when I finish college and get a job.

Why complain? Everyone keep mobile more than two years. Why should I replace new mobile each year?

I paid $77 per month for unlimited text,unlimited data (high speed) and no voice plan. It's better coverage ever I had! Yes, I drive and fly anywhere in USA for business.

I use Verizon since 2006 and I am very happy with it.

I paid $77 per month for unlimited text,unlimited data (high speed) and no voice plan. It's better coverage ever I had! Yes, I drive and fly anywhere in USA for business.

I am curious. what device are you using for the plan ?

thanks.

I use Verizon for almost 2 years. I agree with you and it better coverage. it work very well in my house. I used had T-Mobile and it no service inside my house :mad:. Every time have to put my Treo on the window to get signal to receive text message.

I paid $63 per month for unlimited Blackberry Data plan and unlimited text in network and 50 messages. My contract is up soon and I'm thinking about to keep the service. I'm happy with it.

it is amazing how expensive verizon's plan is for the deaf subscribers. cingular, sprint, and tmobile offer the reasonable priced plans to deaf subscribers like 30 a month. i dont know much about what plan verizon offers to deaf subscribers. i did look at that link but that is pretty old news but i wonder is that plan still alive or what ?

I have recently talked to T Mobile company and the 2 year plans are the same--$30 monthly unlimited text, etc.

it is amazing how expensive verizon's plan is for the deaf subscribers. cingular, sprint, and tmobile offer the reasonable priced plans to deaf subscribers like 30 a month. i dont know much about what plan verizon offers to deaf subscribers. i did look at that link but that is pretty old news but i wonder is that plan still alive or what ?

Yes it is old news. I called Verizon 2 days ago and they still have plan.

I have recently talked to T Mobile company and the 2 year plans are the same--$30 monthly unlimited text, etc.

yes every wireless carriers offer 2 yrs contract plans. i dont know why some of us whine about 2 or 3 yrs plan or whatever. :)

yes every wireless carriers offer 2 yrs contract plans. i dont know why some of us whine about 2 or 3 yrs plan or whatever. :)

Well, some are 1 year contract.

I was recalled that I paid $350 for SK3 and my contract is around 1-2 years or not remember.

In my opinion, Verizon and Sprint are ripped me off because of high monthly bill since I paid $30 on SK plan that under Tmobile, compared to $50 from Verizon (PDA plan) and Cingular is good one, also offers cheap plans too.

I forgot to mention that.

I only like Verizon offer about Fios on TV and high speed internet for cheap one.

Also, only available in some US cities, such as DC metro, Tampa metro, SoCal and other metro.

Last edited:
Verizon and Sprint are NOT ripped me off.

They are better coverage and high speed than T-mobile. In fact, I never see X signal on my Verizon in anywhere and inside build too.

T-mobile:Wow I got good deal plan brb . I have go outside to get signal.

Verizon: Wtf? My mobile's signal is fine! *laugh at t-mobile user* :laugh2:

Verizon and Sprint are NOT ripped me off.

They are better coverage and high speed than T-mobile. In fact, I never see X signal on my Verizon in anywhere and inside build too.

T-mobile:Wow I got good deal plan brb . I have go outside to get signal.

Verizon: Wtf? My mobile's signal is fine! *laugh at t-mobile user* :laugh2:

I'm not talking about better signal, I'm talking about monthly bill that Cingular and T-Mobile offers for cheap one since Verizon and Sprint are more expensive on monthly bill, that how is my opinion. Don't criticize on my opinion then you are on different opinion then doesn't need bother me.

I live in suburb with full signal then that's not my biggest issue, except for wal-fart and big box stores.

When did they start offering unlimited text on the $30 plan? It's still 300 as far as I know.

Back