Verizon has unlocked the GPS to BB Maps for Verizon BB

Foxrac

Premium Member
Reaction score
I just found from info about Verizon unlocked the GPS for BB Maps but still don't work on Google Map.

You just need OS 4.5 to take advantage of internal GPS and use BB Maps.

I had tested on Google Map and Live Search, both of them aren't work either and haven't test other apps like Garmin mobile.

I hopefully BB 9630 will have fully unlocked GPS like BB Storm did.

Verizon Wireless has unlocked the GPS on the 8330 Curve and the 8130 Pearl? : Boy Genius Report
GPS now unlock for Verizon BlackBerry 8130 and 8330 (BlackBerry Bytes) | BlackBerry Cool

Jiro, have you notice about unlocked GPS on BB Maps only?

I just found from info about Verizon unlocked the GPS for BB Maps but still don't work on Google Map.

You just need OS 4.5 to take advantage of internal GPS and use BB Maps.

I had tested on Google Map and Live Search, both of them aren't work either and haven't test other apps like Garmin mobile.

I hopefully BB 9630 will have fully unlocked GPS like BB Storm did.

Verizon Wireless has unlocked the GPS on the 8330 Curve and the 8130 Pearl? : Boy Genius Report
GPS now unlock for Verizon BlackBerry 8130 and 8330 (BlackBerry Bytes) | BlackBerry Cool

Jiro, have you notice about unlocked GPS on BB Maps only?

Google Maps dont use GPS. It's use NAV thru multi carrier towers.

I have Blackberry Storm and Google Maps 2.0.3 work fine. I'm use it all times as I'm in new to the area. It is very helpful.

I have Blackberry Storm and Google Maps 2.0.3 work fine. I'm use it all times as I'm in new to the area. It is very helpful.

BB Storm is only phone that GPS is fully unlocked.

Back