Valentine's Day, love it or hate it

jinxedkitten

Reaction score
Okay lets get it over with, what are your plans for Valentine's Day? :hmm:

Don't be shy, I demand the mushy details :eek3:

Just for the heck of it, here are some random facts about this beloved & scorned holiday:

- It was during the Middle Ages when girls maintained their belief that the first man they would get to see on the Valentine Day would be their future spouse.

- About 1 billion Valentine's Day cards are exchanged in US each year.

- Parents receive 1 out of every 5 valentines.

- About 3% of pet owners will give Valentine's Day gifts to their pets.

- Worldwide, over 50 million roses are given for Valentine's Day each year.

- In the Middle Ages, young men and women drew names from a bowl to see who their valentines would be. They would wear these names on their sleeves for one week. To wear your heart on your sleeve now means that it is easy for other people to know how you are feeling.

- The Italian city of Verona, where Shakespeare's lovers Romeo and Juliet lived, receives about 1,000 letters addressed to Juliet every Valentine's Day. Source

I have a date with two guys :)

Ben and Jerry

Yep, I'm a player!

(please google if you have no idea what I'm talking about)

Other than that, I'm staying in my jammies until it's time to work. Utterly romantic hm?

Sigh... I'm feeling nostalgic, time to visit the website that I've abused as a teenager: The Love Calculator

hate valentine day >.> only when i am single or have no dates lol

I have a date with two guys :)

Ben and Jerry

Yep, I'm a player!

(please google if you have no idea what I'm talking about)

Other than that, I'm staying in my jammies until it's time to work. Utterly romantic hm?

Sigh... I'm feeling nostalgic, time to visit the website that I've abused as a teenager: The Love Calculator

Stole my dates! JK:lol:

haha nothings special but kids are with us so we will have sweet munches and will order some food what kids love. :)

I hate valentines day and it is on today - (yes it is 14th February) I have no plans. :ugh:

Haven't had a Valentine Day with a sweet gal for a long while ever ... in fact too long and it would be really nice if I were to get lucky with a gal who would love to hang out with me and love me for who I am and I can love her for who she is and more.. that I will have to be patient till the sky open up and drop a gal into my lap.. lol...

Consumerism. Gotta love it. :P

My take on Valentine's Day is implied.

A friend of mine, in facebook made a good suggestion, that Valentine's Day is too commercial and why not have a Super Bowl national holiday, I am all for that :giggle: Go Patriots:P

I will go to my office on campus and see if there are any lonely ladies roaming the halls and looking for a spontaneous, wild and romantic date...

No really, I will end up doing a bunch of schoolwork and reading. Whoo hoo.

I like valentines day. Hubby and I are goofy that way. It's an opportunity to be extra good to each other. :cool2:

For me Valentine's Day gets overshadowed by my wedding anniversary which is today 2/13.

Oh, and that love calculator shows me and hubby have a 51% chance. I think we have better odds than that.

I will go to my office on campus and see if there are any lonely ladies roaming the halls and looking for a spontaneous, wild and romantic date...

No really, I will end up doing a bunch of schoolwork and reading. Whoo hoo.

For me Valentine's Day gets overshadowed by my wedding anniversary which is today 2/13.

ThewriteAlex, I will be dating my study of bones chapters :giggle: got a test on Tuesday :Ohno:

KristinaB, congratulations on your wedding anniversary:)

Back