Vaccinations... Needed or Not?

MsGiglz

Reaction score
Vaccinations needed or not?

Vaccinations...Needed or Not?
Only a few years ago, it was considered mandatory to bring your dog to the vet every year for his shots.

Times have changed!

Listen to what Dr. Christina Chambreau D.V.M. has to say about yearly vaccinations:

"Would you rebel if your doctor told you to have measles, mumps, rubella, diphtheria, pertussis, tetanus, and hepatitis shots every year of your life until you died, instead of only a few doses as a child?"

People don't need yearly revaccinations. And veterinarians and immunological researchers now tell us: Neither do dogs and cats.

How a vaccine works

A vaccine does not attack disease.
A vaccine IS a disease.

A vaccine contains a weakened (diluted) version of an actual disease such as distemper or parvovirus.

When your dog is injected with this vaccine, his immune system is supposed to react by forming antibodies against that disease.

These antibodies (created by his own immune system) are what protect him in case he comes in contact with the real disease.

Please read those three points again.

Because you may have thought it was the vaccine that protected your dog, perhaps by hiding somewhere in his bloodstream until needed, then leaping up to attack the disease if it ever tried to sneak its way into your dog.

No. No. No.

A vaccine is simply the original catalyst that "encourages" your dog's immune system to produce antibodies. It is your dog's own immune system that protects him against disease. The vaccine's job is ONLY to show the immune system what a specific disease looks like -- so the immune system can produce the correct antibodies to defeat it -- if it ever shows up for real.

The question then becomes:
"How many vaccinations are necessary to "imprint" the memory of a disease on your dog's immune system?"

The old answer used to be: One per year.
The "annual booster shot."
But it turns out
that answer was WRONG.

Read on & more.....

------------------------
I find this intersting...
I remember right that when Rocky we got him, had him vaccinated, about almost 8 months later, he was schedule for neutered.. but they again vaccinated.. he became so sick and almost not to live after surgery..

I often wonder why pets need that so many vaccinates... but i am aware that rabies shots need to be given every year..

Thought I share this info with you guys..

*nodding, very interesting thread here*

Let me tell you about my cats.

Sussi, my cat got shot every 2 years instead of every year since she was 8 weeks old and stop to receive shot at over 13 years ago because we feel it's not necassary to have her shot... Sussi is 20 years old last 7th July and fit like baby cat... She has health eyes and lost few of her teeth. She walk slowly but she eat well and act like young cat...

Until I found Kim in the forest and adopted her at 2 years ago. We brought Kim to the Vet for check etc. We brought the subject about Sussi how could I get both cats together etc. The Vet was like :shock: and asked me either it's same Sussi. I said yes and why? She said that she throw Sussi's file away because she thought Sussi is dead because I didn't bring Sussi to her for over 13 years. The Vet want to see Sussi. Few days later we brought Sussi to her. The Vet was like :jaw: and can't image that Sussi is very fit after examine her...

My co-worker brought her cat to the Vet for shot every year for 9 years... She died aged 9 years due blind and can't walk well... she has to put sleep...

Kim will have 2nd shot next week then is her last.

Liebling:-))) said:
*nodding, very interesting thread here*

Let me tell you about my cats.

Sussi, my cat got shot every 2 years instead of every year since she was 8 weeks old and stop to receive shot at over 13 years ago because we feel it's not necassary to have her shot... Sussi is 20 years old last 7th July and fit like baby cat... She has health eyes and lost few of her teeth. She walk slowly but she eat well and act like young cat...

Until I found Kim in the forest and adopted her at 2 years ago. We brought Kim to the Vet for check etc. We brought the subject about Sussi how could I get both cats together etc. The Vet was like :shock: and asked me either it's same Sussi. I said yes and why? She said that she throw Sussi's file away because she thought Sussi is dead because I didn't bring Sussi to her for over 13 years. The Vet want to see Sussi. Few days later we brought Sussi to her. The Vet was like :jaw: and can't image that Sussi is very fit after examine her...

My co-worker brought her cat to the Vet for shot every year for 9 years... She died aged 9 years due blind and can't walk well... she has to put sleep...

Kim will have 2nd shot next week then is her last.

Yeah its so true...
I just looking back my many cats in my life.. Long lived 21 years old cat I had Sarah, I had to put her sleep because she was blind, hair fall out & pooped all over and so skinny, couldnt eat at all.. I remembered this right.. that she only had her vaccinates twice in her life ... how so true.. compare to my other cats which had vaccinates more than Sarah, they had health issues and died from diease or cancer.. Umm.. intersting..

also, we had this family dog that we grew up.. hes really great dog.. lab mix (german shepherd).. my brother had to put him sleep because he couldnt walk or eat for days.. he was 14 years old.. he had only once vaccinates but rabies shots often cuz hes outside dog..

Umm...
Now we have this Molly.. wait for this guy sent me information papers that Molly already vaccinated and rabies.. need have rabies # before I take her to dog park. I dont want her re-vaccinates..

if the vet said .. have to.. we have rights say no but what if they stood up and say have to.. what will you do?

Oh one more..

what about dis-tempermental? give antibotics.. not shots.. because you never know what they put in the shots..

Back