vacation...

OldNavyGirl

Premium Member
Reaction score
How old were you when YOU remembered your very first vacation?!

For me, I was about 7 years old when i remembered my first vacation to Las Vegas with my uncle, aunt and cousins.... unfortenately I don't remember going to Disney World when I was 3 years old! :-O

We never really took any major vacations, but the earliest memory I have of a family trip was when I was 7. We drove to Vero Beach (2 hours drive I think) and my father managed to step in some broken glass on the beach. We got him clean up and wrapped his foot up in a towel, put him in the backseat of our old ramble station wagon and drove back home with a stop at the Lake Wales Hospital for him. 27 stitches and then some major cleaning of the carpet in the car. I do know that when I was 3, we traveled from Little Rock, AR to Hell, MI and then on to some campground by a creek or river in MI. Dad was taking some summer college course and mom had us 3 with the camper. Dad came out on the weekends. I only remember the story and seeing the pictures, but don't remember the actual event.

Aged 9 we went to Detroit , Michigan. We walked through a museum that I have no idea what it was.
Also we went to the zoo.

And most exciting we went on a boat across one of the Great Lakes to Canada. I got a t-shirt that had a maple leaf print and said "Canada."

I remember our family taking red 1977 Chevy Impala wagon to Lake Geneva, WI. I must have been 4 years old back then. It broke down out there. Oh well....

age: 12 My parents took me and my sister on a road trip to Florida to surprise us to go to Disney World. Had a blast!
age: 16 My parents took me and my sister to Key West, Florida to get on Caribbean Cruise to Cozumel, Mexico; Bahamas, and Key West. It was my favorite vacation ever!
age: 17 My first love boyfriend surprised me a ticket to fly out with him to San Fran., California; and San Diego, California. Went to Seaworld and DisneyLand. It was the best vacation ever also!!

I was 5 years old on road trip with family from Texas to Washington DC. At least, I didn't remember if I complain or bore.

the earliest vacation I can remember: visiting my grand parents in California the August before my 4th birthday. I rember the horses, cows and pigs. also rember chasing after a checken and then the chicken turned around and chased me.

I remember each visit there every year after that...

My First trip was when i was 6 years old ..!!our Family went to Disney world . i enjoyed a lot their it was my first ever trip ..!!

My family and I took road trips out west couple of times(first trip, I was probably 10)...most of times, we camped... Good times...wouldnt mind to take another road trip to west and camp..saves a lot of money. Gas was cheap then, ya know..Times are different and that is just the way it is.

I was probably 7 or 8 when my family along with my grandparents on my mom's side went to the lake. I remember getting one of those cheap pocket knives that had the fork & spoon in it! Had it for many years and I think I gave it to my son. Good memories! I miss my grandparents.

Back