Va. Lawmaker: Disabled Kids are God's Punishment for Abortion

Status
Not open for further replies.
...Slaves and their owners don't share the same body.
No, but the reference was to the ownership debate. The slave owners possessed their slaves as property. The belief then was that the owner controlled the fate of the slave because the slave was less than human, just as a "fetus" is now considered by some to be less than human.

:gpost: That's why the line should be drawn by the mother, who knows the number of weeks gestation, and other circumstantial information that the government simply could never keep track of.

Again....our Supreme Court seems to believe it is a relevant discussion.

Might add Obama thinks government has a say too....

On an issue like partial birth abortion, I strongly believe that the state can properly restrict late-term abortions. I have said so repeatedly. All I’ve said is we should have a provision to protect the health of the mother, and many of the bills that came before me didn’t have that.
Part of the reason they didn’t have it was purposeful, because those who are opposed to abortion have a moral calling to try to oppose what they think is immoral. Oftentimes what they were trying to do was to polarize the debate and make it more difficult for people, so that they could try to bring an end to abortions overall.

As president, my goal is to bring people together, to listen to them, and I don’t think that’s any Republican out there who I’ve worked with who would say that I don’t listen to them, I don’t respect their ideas, I don’t understand their perspective. And my goal is to get us out of this polarizing debate where we’re always trying to score cheap political points and actually get things done.

Is anyone here familiar with the history of Home Children? Just asking since nobody commented on that one.

I just looked it up and found this: THE BRITISH HOME CHILDREN:

Why do the British government tend to deport anybody they don't like.... criminals to the colonial America and Australia... orphans(?) to Canada??

Yes... however, the irony is that they are the very reason why we have a population of 6 billion. With oil and coals, we can sustain more life on Earth. WIthout them, we wouldn't be able to sustain more than a population of 500 million...

How is that? We can always switch to green power as in solar, wind or geothermal so how does the lack of coal/oil limit the population???

:gpost: That's why the line should be drawn by the mother, who knows the number of weeks gestation, and other circumstantial information that the government simply could never keep track of.
Just FYI, mothers don't always know the number of weeks.

How is that? We can always switch to green power as in solar, wind or geothermal so how does the lack of coal/oil limit the population???

You cannot rely on green power without relying on oil. I'm not talking about motor oil and such.

Pretty much everything is made out of oil.

If you would look at the history of mankind, you will see that once they started to take advantage of oil and coal in the 18th century, the population started to explode. They passed the first billion in the 18th century.

This was not possible without relying on oil and coal. It's a fact.

I just looked it up and found this: THE BRITISH HOME CHILDREN:

Why do the British government tend to deport anybody they don't like.... criminals to the colonial America and Australia... orphans(?) to Canada??

Poverty was a huge problem in England in these days, they didn't have room for all of the children who were abandoned by their parents. So they sent them to Canada to so-called foster families and orphanages. A large number of home children were basically slaves that cost very little to take care of back in these days. They were usually sent to live in rural communities. A lot of them were abused.

Over 100,000 children (between the age of 4 to 14) were sent to Canada. Most of them worked on farms until they were 18. So I'll say it was a form of slavery.

You cannot rely on green power without relying on oil. I'm not talking about motor oil and such.

Pretty much everything is made out of oil.

If you would look at the history of mankind, you will see that once they started to take advantage of oil and coal in the 18th century, the population started to explode. They passed the first billion in the 18th century.

This was not possible without relying on oil and coal. It's a fact.

What about passive solar power? I'm quite sure it existed before the discovery of oil.

I will grant that most of the things we take for granted are due to abundant oil and coal. If oil were to become more expensive to the point (many say it will) it's no longer economically feasible, it will be make things quite difficult to manufacture, so now would be a good time to invest in alternatives to oil. Our health care is quite dependent on oil - especially the pharmaceutical industry.

Did you know that plans for a big solar op in the Mojave were ditched......By enviromentalists.....lol Not kidding though, seems this area was home to a specific type of Turtle and a fringe toed lizard. Governor Arnie said "If you can't put it in the Mojave I don't no where the hell you can put it"

This pisses me off! God wouldn't punish innocent children! God loves us no matter what and He accepts us for who we are!

I am pro-choice but I don't agree with the man has said. I hope he does get voted out! If we made abortion illegal then it would be a step back to women's right to choose.. do more harm than good and dying while doing abortions underground! A person doesn't have to agree with it but please keep it legal and safe for the women as the choice is available to her!

But aborting children because they are not perfect.. that's not true! There's no way of people knowing that we are deaf or something until after we were born!

i am not a supporter of abortion,i hate the idea of killing an innocent baby who one did not know what he/she will become tommorrow

very amusing,in my case i got meningtis while i was 6 do this had to do with abortion?

...But aborting children because they are not perfect.. that's not true! There's no way of people knowing that we are deaf or something until after we were born!
It happens every day. Yes, doctors can determine some mental and physical problems while the baby is still in the womb.

Personally, I would abort my baby if I had one only if my baby had a condition that's incompatible with life (anencephaly comes to mind) or in cases of rape or incest or my child becoming pregnant as a result of being molested.

I do not presume to speak for others nor do I know what the unwed mothers are going thru so I'm for abortion.

Sounds very much like a pro states rights argument .....

I have often said that if you let states decide then people migrate to states that fit them......especially on issues they considered important. Make sense for abortion, capital punishment,drugs and many other areas. It would also be one great sociological experiment to watch.

Personally, I would be much more supportive of state rights as envisioned by Thomas Jefferson than the Southern version of states rights.

It happens every day. Yes, doctors can determine some mental and physical problems while the baby is still in the womb.

yes, The reason for pregnancy checkup, blood work, ultrasounds, etc. is to determine both the baby and the mother's health. And to look for birth defects so the mother can make decision ahead of time what she want to do.

How exactly, would you say that these opinions differ today given more modern applications than slavery?

Because quite often people who support state rights are often pro confederacy and other things that I object to. It's not the state rights itself that I object to but rather the agenda behind the state rights movement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back