Va. Lawmaker: Disabled Kids are God's Punishment for Abortion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because quite often people who support state rights are often pro confederacy and other things that I object to. It's not the state rights itself that I object to but rather the agenda behind the state rights movement.

Not always, some northeast states like NH and VT are pro-state rights so pretty rest of south, depends in area that where are you in.

Personally, I would abort my baby if I had one only if my baby had a condition that's incompatible with life (anencephaly comes to mind) or in cases of rape or incest or my child becoming pregnant as a result of being molested.

I do not presume to speak for others nor do I know what the unwed mothers are going thru so I'm for abortion.

:hmm:

This is a tricky one. I imagine you have a reasonable definition of what is "incompatible with life" vs. what is a disability, but I can see a lot of parents deciding to abort a baby who has spina bifida or some other disabling but not life-threatening condition.

Because quite often people who support state rights are often pro confederacy and other things that I object to. It's not the state rights itself that I object to but rather the agenda behind the state rights movement.

That's not what I was asking.....How about with CURRENT issues

in cases of rape or incest or my child becoming pregnant as a result of being molested.

personally, I think this should be a sensitive and spoken with care as disability. I know few people who were born from rape or molesting. They have alot of shame or feel dirty because they were born. Now some may never know they were born from rape, but alot know they were born from incest... we have to remember they are human too.

personally, I think this should be a sensitive and spoken with care as disability. I know few people who were born from rape or molesting. They have alot of shame or feel dirty because they were born. Now some may never know they were born from rape, but alot know they were born from incest... we have to remember they are human too.

Very well said!

Compassion is needed for this and everyone is special.

No one needs to know they were from rape or incest.

This is such a horrible burden on a small child's shoulders, why add onto their emotional burden?

:gpost:

yes, The reason for pregnancy checkup, blood work, ultrasounds, etc. is to determine both the baby and the mother's health. And to look for birth defects so the mother can make decision ahead of time what she want to do.

True, by the time baby is into 24 weeks then mother had to decide to keep it or abort him. IMHO it is too far along to abort it. And we encouraged her to keep him and we were willing support her and her ds child but we were wrong. We lost a down syndrome baby 3 months ago and it was ugly death for him. He went through a lot of pain for 2 days. Mother almost abort him at 24 weeks because mother does not want this child to suffer greatly and baby did. No baby should have gone through so much pain and suffer. If mother decided to abort him then baby would not had gone through hell of his short time on earth.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't believe what he thinks...he's thinking that God communicates with him and he should be banned!

She knows what he meant. She's just criticizing his word choice.
I thought he wanted him (and his statement) banned for the God reference since religion debate isn't allowed. That gets a lot of threads closed.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) 320x320; XV6900; Window Mobile 6.1 Professional;)

Hell the NFL fines its players for BS on the field, why not fine politicians for their stupidity? At that rate, our governor (Mark Sanford) will be out of a paycheck easy! Let's have them account for their actions where it hurts - deep in their pockets!

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) 320x320; XV6900; Window Mobile 6.1 Professional;)

Hell the NFL fines its players for BS on the field, why not fine politicians for their stupidity? At that rate, our governor (Mark Sanford) will be out of a paycheck easy! Let's have them account for their actions where it hurts - deep in their pockets!

:hmm:Not bad......the do already have censure......they could expand it

I agree. That's why I don't believe that "abortion is wrong except for rape or incest." Huh? So, those who suggest that are actually saying, "all children except for rape and incest, are worthy."

That's stupid. Either life is worthy or it's not - it's your choice. You decide.

I agree. That's why I don't believe that "abortion is wrong except for rape or incest." Huh? So, those who suggest that are actually saying, "all children except for rape and incest, are worthy."

That's stupid. Either life is worthy or it's not - it's your choice. You decide.

People with that perspective are usually looking from the mother's point of view. The idea that a child might be a daily reminder of the rape, and also if it's incestuous, the medical issues that might arise.

I know. But wouldn't we be firing him because of his religious beliefs? Isn't that illegal?

We are also supposed to have a separation of church and state.

I'm not convinced he is doing a real good job of that.

i will myslef to be pastor

as i see those lawmaker, they are the yeast and they do not understand till they are humble themslef
( poor, homeless, hard life )

i hate people to do abortion , God's Will not but when they kill the baby.the baby go heaven

those people that need to learn not to do abortion but seek people who can not have baby in thier womb but willing to have baby from other people and they will pay the exprense and you will see nothing from it

it win-win

God will pleasure that !

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back