Va. Lawmaker: Disabled Kids are God's Punishment for Abortion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand his logic. What does having disabled children have to do with abortion?

I can't figure out either... nor I can figure out anyone who claim to they know what God is thinking.

I don't understand his logic. What does having disabled children have to do with abortion?

Exactly! It does not make any senses to me.

My friend had an abortion when she was a young lady. Later she has had three healthy children with no disability.

You know, I'm against abortion. I always have been. However, I've kept my mouth shut about it because its MY opinion. Its my personal view. I'm not gonna go to abortion activist and raise hell, nor am I gonna go bomb abortion clinics. In my opinion, if you have a view about something, you're entitled to it. However, you have no right to force other people's misery because of your opinion or view.

Eh? That lawmaker must be on something to think otherwise. I mean, How does he know what God is doing or thinking of?

Apparently he is making such comment out of vengeance just because the state of Virginia was not offer funding for planned parenthood. If that's the case, it would be redundant to do so.

yeah, he should keep his mouth shut about punishment and abortion because I'm sure there are plenty of MEMBERS at his church had abortion and regret it (and some became christians because of abortion... they had so much grief and guilt over it that they regret it.. they just won't tell anyone).

yeah, he should keep his mouth shut about punishment and abortion because I'm sure there are plenty of MEMBERS at his church had abortion and regret it (and some became christians because of abortion... they had so much grief and guilt over it, that they regret it.. they just won't tell anyone).

And I'm sure there are some that have children with disabilities that will take offense to this.

Wee... Regurge of St. Augustine.

I can understand his religious logic though based on reading the earlier works of Christian philosophers.

What doesn't make sense is... isn't the reason why some people get an abortion in the first place is to AVOID having disabled children?

What doesn't make sense is... isn't the reason why some people get an abortion in the first place is to AVOID having disabled children?

yes, all he is doing is encouraging more abortion because he is making seem like disability is a bad thing.

And I'm sure there are some that have children with disabilities that will take offense to this.

Oh, definitely. I don't like it either but, I don't get riled over it because he'll reap what he sow.

From the article...

"In the Old Testament, the first born of every being, animal and man, was dedicated to the Lord," he added. "There's a special punishment Christians would suggest."

:iough:

All I can say that he is delusional.

:hmm: My parents must have had three before me.

From the article...

"In the Old Testament, the first born of every being, animal and man, was dedicated to the Lord," he added. "There's a special punishment Christians would suggest."

:iough:

Well it's true that the Bible says that.......in most cases it was the first born male. And he said this at a gathering of Christians. He has the right to his opinion.......he also has the right to suffer the consequences of that opinion being a public servant.

Not saying I agree but he does have freedom of speech.

My issue is that on his website he threw out the Harry Reid BS excuse of poor choice of words. Hell if you are going to say stuff like that man up and own it.

This guy needs to go.

I know. But wouldn't we be firing him because of his religious beliefs? Isn't that illegal?

I know. But wouldn't we be firing him because of his religious beliefs? Isn't that illegal?

Yeah , can't do that.....but people can vote against him next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back