Useful Apps?

All internet banking on wireless devices are ecrypted (and high security)

They sure do though is it 100% guarantee esp wireless? Bit had for me to trust it via wireless and don't need it wherever I go (offline) though.

Maybe it's good for whoever has real tight budgeting or bad habit on spending. :lol:

Roboform works great for me since several years though did not try it on Android yet. I just learned about the Lastpass last week while surfing and somehow it got my attention... looks like cool products there. Good for you.

I liked roboform before I got the Andriod. When I got the Andriod, I tried to put roboform on it but it was a joke.

That is when I switched to Lastpass.

TV Guide Mobile
Adobe PDF Reader
Google Translate
Layer
Googles (like barcode Scanner)
Dictionary

If you wanted apps download directly SD card instead of On-board memory and more space. Settings> Applications>Manage applications. Make sure to switch all applications from board to SD card, but some apps can't move from On-board to SD card, for example Banking apps.

AVG Antivirus for Androids - AVG Mobilation

What do you guys think? Should I use it? Probably. Here it's....

Anti-virus Free protects your phone from viruses,malware & exploits in real-time

Free Antivirus from AVG Mobilation – security software for Android™ .
Keep your device safe with just one click.

Download Anti-Virus free today and:
√ Scan apps, settings, files, and media in real time
√ Find your lost or stolen phone via Google maps
√ Backup and restore all your valuable apps and data
√ Lock and wipe your device to protect your privacy
√ Kill tasks that slow your phone down

A closer look

AVG and DroidSecurity have partnered together to protect you from threats to your security, privacy and online identity by focusing specifically on the mobile environment.

With free antivirus for Android you’ll receive effective, easy-to-use virus and malware protection, as well as a real-time scanner, backup assistant, phone locator, task killer, app locker and local device wipe.

Real-time scanner
Keeps you protected no matter how you download your apps or games

Anti-Virus Free also:

√ Protects apps from viruses, malware and spyware
√ Identifies unsecure device settings and advise how to fix them.
√ Ensures emails, contacts, bookmarks and text messages are securely safe
√ Checks media files for malicious software and security threats
√ Can be run daily, weekly, or on demand

Backup (Beta version)
Back up contacts, call logs, bookmarks, text and media messages to your SD card

Phone locator
√ Locate your lost or stolen phone and help you find it via Google maps
√ Turn your phone GPS on remotely and have the device send its location using GPS
√ Lock your phone remotely via our Mobile Control Panel or by sending SMS to your phone to protect your data
√ Set a lock screen message to help the locator find you
√ Make your device ring even if your phone is on silent mode

Task killer
Kill tasks that slow down or freeze up your device

App locker
Lock apps to protect your privacy

Local wipe
Completely wipe contacts, text messages, photos, browser history, calendar and wipes the SD card

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.antivirus&feature=search_result

My apps

I'm pretty new to the android and in addition to some of the ones already mentioned, I also use Gleeo Time Tracker. This one is for personal use more than the client tracking of other apps.
CamCard lets you take a picture of a business card and automatically puts it into your contact list.
Instant Heart Rate by Azumio uses the camera to measure your heart rate and supposedly is rather accurate.
LED Light uses your cameras flash feature to turn your cell into a flashlight. Very simple on/off function
I'm checking out two different apps that track water consumption- the first is Hydrate by Frank Calise and the second is Drink Water Beta. Not sure which one I'm going to keep.
I use public transportation and often the direction include something like "walk north" when I'm in an unfamiliar area. I've added a compass app to help me with that.
Also have APps Organizer which I like better than the AutoAppOrganizer
Apps2SD will let you know if an app is available to be moved to your SD card anytime you download one.
I've got google Sky Map on there and Wikidroid as well as Layer (which I haven't tried out yet)
I'm HoH so I do listen to music. TuneWiki lets me see the lyrics of the song playing since I cannot understand them. You do have to sign up for an account for that one but it is free.
Shazaam helps me identify a song that is playing.
I've added Adobe Reader, Dropbox, and Documents to Go but have not utilized those yet.
Oh yes, and yahoo messenger for all my im'ing needs. I'm still trying to remember to make use of the smartphone apps so as I figure out a need I will add more.

Hi there,

I have my android apps installed;

Weather/news bar
Music Player bar
Power Control bar (Bluetooth, Wireless, GPS and Auto dimming display)
Avg antivirus (Free)
Foursquare
Scan QR
Mafia Wars
Xbox Live
Mobile Bank (USBank)
Fox 9
KSTP 5
YouTube
WCCO 4
AIM
Email
Facebook
Gmail
IPRelay
LiveProfile
Mail
Yahoo Messenger
Messaging (SMS)
PurpleMail

Maybe Jclarke and SneakerNet can help us out on this one? :wave:

Don't feel stupid Dixie. Of course it would be nice to have AllDeaf App where we can have better feature in it, like notification and such.

Web version is sufficient enough.

MyFitnessPal

I started a calorie counting diet last week and was recommended the MyFitnessPal app. It is brilliant! For example, you can scan the barcode of an item you've just eaten and it calculates the calories for you. Very easy to use.

Back