US officially ends Iraq war

Status
Not open for further replies.

jillio

Reaction score
BAGHDAD -- U.S. forces formally ended their nine-year war in Iraq with a low-key flag ceremony in Baghdad on Thursday.

"After a lot of blood spilled by Iraqis and Americans, the mission of an Iraq that could govern and secure itself has become real," Defense Secretary Leon Panetta said at the ceremony at Baghdad's still heavily fortified airport.

World News - 'A new chapter': US officially ends Iraq war

Now, we see more business for medical industry

More "shock and awe" if there is actual peace there.

Yup, After a lot of blood was spilled.

No doubt. The article goes on to state the number of American deaths. They don't count in the Iraqi deaths of innocent citizens, however. All together, it is mind boggling that so many lives were lost on a made up premise.

No doubt. The article goes on to state the number of American deaths. They don't count in the Iraqi deaths of innocent citizens, however. All together, it is bind boggling that so many lives were lost on a made up premise.

It really boggles me why the emphasis is always on the approximate 4,500 American SOLDIERS who die and not the hundreds of thousands (over a million by some estimates) of innocent Iraqi men, women, and children who were caught in the crossfire.

I have no sympathy for the death of a soldier, American or otherwise. You sign up for death--both causing it and possibly succumbing to it. That is the business of war. It's too bad that your family is left with your body/ashes/landfill waste, but you should think about them before you go and sign up for it.

It really boggles me why the emphasis is always on the approximate 4,500 American SOLDIERS who die and not the hundreds of thousands (over a million by some estimates) of innocent Iraqi men, women, and children who were caught in the crossfire.

I have no sympathy for the death of a soldier. You sign up for death--both causing it and possibly succumbing to it. That is the business of war. It's too bad that your family is left with your body/ashes/landfill waste, but you should think about them before you go and sign up for it.

Agreed. The deaths of the innocent are chalked up as a "cost of war." That is totally absurd. The cost of war is the death of the soldiers hired to fight the war. Millions of innocent lives being lost when no threat was ever even imposed on the invading country is inhuman.

Agreed. The deaths of the innocent are chalked up as a "cost of war." That is totally absurd. The cost of war is the death of the soldiers hired to fight the war. Millions of innocent lives being lost when no threat was ever even imposed on the invading country is inhuman.

As they say, history is written by the victors.

Wirelessly posted (droid)

And the people continue to suffer from the depleted uranium used by the US. Generations will continue to suffer.

And the people continue to suffer from the depleted uranium used by the US. Generations will continue to suffer.

Generations? DU has a half- life of 4.5 billion years.

I have no sympathy for the death of a soldier, American or otherwise. You sign up for death--both causing it and possibly succumbing to it. That is the business of war. It's too bad that your family is left with your body/ashes/landfill waste, but you should think about them before you go and sign up for it.

It's really sad that you feel that way about the American Soldier. Those men and women who have fought, died and been injured for the very freedoms that we enjoy here in America. Without the American Soldier we wouldn't be so lavishly enjoying all of the freedom that we have in America today. Well, the great part about living in America is that you are entitled to your opinion. It's makes me sad that anyone would feel this way! The other great part of living in America is that I can enjoy the freedom to disagree with you! I salute all of the men and women of the United States Armed Forces (Army, Navy, Air Force & Marines (you too Cost Guard!)! I am proud of you all! Thank you families of the American Soldier. I honor your sacrifice too!
:ty:

:dunno: ??? DU ??? What prey tell are ye talking about? We didn't nuke anyone! ???

[/B]

It's really sad that you feel that way about the American Soldier. Those men and women who have fought, died and been injured for the very freedoms that we enjoy here in America. Without the American Soldier we wouldn't be so lavishly enjoying all of the freedom that we have in America today. Well, the great part about living in America is that you are entitled to your opinion. It's makes me sad that anyone would feel this way! The other great part of living in America is that I can enjoy the freedom to disagree with you! I salute all of the men and women of the United States Armed Forces (Army, Navy, Air Force & Marines (you too Cost Guard!)! I am proud of you all! Thank you families of the American Soldier. I honor your sacrifice too!
:ty:

Oh cut the demagoguery bullshit. Where did I say I don't appreciate the sacrifices made by American soldiers? I said I don't have sympathy when one dies--any soldier, not just ours. Do I have to cry a river every time someone gets blown up by an IED or pegged with with a an AK-47 round? Oh gee, nothing like that is supposed to happen in war! Give me a break. You can tack on all this honor and protection crap, but soldiers know what they sign up for. They sign up for war. And war is hell. So long as the innocent Iraqi civilians who have died continue to be a footnote in this whole thing, you won't get any sympathy from me. Keep crying your crocodile tears.

And now I will say this: No American soldier has died for my freedom since 1945. Since the end of WWII, all American acts of war have been imperialistic, unjustified, and overly aggressive uses of force meant to further the interests of the military-industrial complex and/or the corporatocracy that supports the global empire of the elite. To believe otherwise is pure ignorance.

Oh cut the demagoguery bullshit. Where did I say I don't appreciate the sacrifices made by American soldiers? I said I don't have sympathy when one dies--any soldier, not just ours. Do I have to cry a river every time someone gets blown up by an IED or pegged with with a an AK-47 round? Oh gee, nothing like that is supposed to happen in war! Give me a break. You can tack on all this honor and protection crap, but soldiers know what they sign up for. They sign up for war. And war is hell. So long as the innocent Iraqi civilians who have died continue to be a footnote in this whole thing, you won't get any sympathy from me. Keep crying your crocodile tears.

And now I will say this: No American soldier has died for my freedom since 1945. Since the end of WWII, all American acts of war have been imperialistic, unjustified, and overly aggressive uses of force meant to further the interests of the military-industrial complex and/or the corporatocracy that supports the global empire of the elite. To believe otherwise is pure ignorance.

Good thing you are young. When I was in high school, they drafted guys to fight in the Vietnam war. If you refused, you went to prison. Ask Muhammed Ali where the prime of his boxing career was spent...

Good thing you are young. When I was in high school, they drafted guys to fight in the Vietnam war. If you refused, you went to prison. Ask Muhammed Ali where the prime of his boxing career was spent...

Unless they crashed their Corvette on dead man's curve of course.

Yep, I would have been a traitor for refusing to go and kill (and possibly die) so that a few rich motherfuckers could have gotten richer.

I ain't no fortunate son.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back