Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I do not want Upromise account for my children

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Other... define by post.

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters

Deaf Mortgage

Reaction score
What is your opinion of using Upromise features of saving for your kid's college education and beyond?

My daughter just born and I was wondering how I can save up college education for her.

www. U Promise .com seem very good website and help you save little by little in various areas. I am fascinate with the services it offers. I was wondering if anyone have Upromise account and have positive results.

Money for College from Shopping, Restaurants, Gas, more - Upromise

Shoot, thanks for REMINDING me to fix my Upromise account! Thanks!

It adds up over the years so I believe it will come in handy when the time comes.

First of all, congratulation to the birth of your daughter, Deaf Mortage.

I voted: Other... define by post because there're different form of "upromise" account for children's future here in Germany.

Yes, we join the special saving bond for children's future education when my both boys were 4 months old from the bank. I prefer to trust the bank over online bank or whatever...

It's not just education but anything like get driving liescne (Germany - driving school is very expensive), new furniture for their future apartment, etc.

It's 3 years go, then my oldest son will get it. (His first attend at college at 2 weeks ago).

I signed up for Upromise for my 2 children a few months ago but I haven't been active with it yet. Do you have to have some kind of card from them? I haven't received anything from them in my mail :dunno:

No kids here and I do not want to sign up for them.

If I have em. They can do what I did. Work my way through school and get good grades/ extracircular activities for scholarships. I am not handing them a sliver platter as I believe part of success is of HOW you work to get there.

First of all, congratulation to the birth of your daughter, Deaf Mortage.

I voted: Other... define by post because there're different form of "upromise" account for children's future here in Germany.

Yes, we join the special saving bond for children's future education when my both boys were 4 months old from the bank. I prefer to trust the bank over online bank or whatever...

It's not just education but anything like get driving liescne (Germany - driving school is very expensive), new furniture for their future apartment, etc.

It's 3 years go, then my oldest son will get it. (His first
attend at college at 2 weeks ago).

Thanks!

Interesting - your country is different than our. Fascinating about your difference.

UPromise offers two forms. Straight saving or 529k investment to return money for more.

If withdraw early for college, no taxes against you. But if fully withdraw, will charge 10% tax and you keep the rest.

I signed up for Upromise for my 2 children a few months ago but I haven't been active with it yet. Do you have to have some kind of card from them? I haven't received anything from them in my mail :dunno:

You can input your credit card on account by "link card". then you go to all specific restaurant, stores, online shopping they will match amount of % of your purchases into your Upromise account.

No card required. Unless you filled out for Citi card. I am considering it. They offers a lot more saving.

No kids here and I do not want to sign up for them.

If I have em. They can do what I did. Work my way through school and get good grades/ extracircular activities for scholarships. I am not handing them a sliver platter as I believe part of success is of HOW you work to get there.

It depend on situation. I just found out my daughter is deaf. I know that VR will not be around much of help in 18-20 years from now. So I rather to start something.

FYI - I dont plan to tell kid that I am saving. I want to save anyway for them but if they dont go college, I keep the money. If they go college and complete with certain GPA, I will pay off their college loans. Or whatever is the best.

But will not tell kid at all until after college. I want to see them do work, paying off loans as skill of fitness through college first before considering giving them any money. If they have outstanding balance of student loans, I rather they pay off the loans before considering buying a home. 25 years from now they might not able to buy a home because of student loans.

Again... my daughter is deaf. We just found out few days ago.

Hey DeafMortgage

Remmy David Barry? Or someone else I don't remember but put away $2000. every year for a few years then LEAVE it alone. It will compound big time. I wish I knew this for myself but I will make sure my little ones get this oppty. As soon as I can afford that, I will do for us. Still working on our business.

Hey DeafMortgage

Remmy David Barry? Or someone else I don't remember but put away $2000. every year for a few years then LEAVE it alone. It will compound big time. I wish I knew this for myself but I will make sure my little ones get this oppty. As soon as I can afford that, I will do for us. Still working on our business.

I have googled up David Barry. Never heard of him yet sound interesting.

Back