Uploading a video into the computer

Carebearx13x

Reaction score
Hi, a friend of mine just videotaped her daughter rolling over and she want to upload it onto her computer and then post it on YouTube.

The thing is, she used videocamera and I'm not sure on how this would work. I can imagine that she would need some cable line to hook up her camera to hard drive and loading it with media program?

I figured that it wouldn't hurt to ask around on here?

From my experience, all I did was to plug USB in to transfer the video on the desktop.

From my experience, all I did was to plug USB in to transfer the video on the desktop.

Yup, Any videocam w/ USB or Firewire hookup would do. Some Videocam have removeable flash memory such as SD, Compact Flash ect to plug in PC's Flash memory slot. Older videocam w/ RCA hook up can be done using a graphic card w/ RCA input such as ATI All in Wonder, Nvida Vivo. So there's no limit for uploading video.

Catty

It would depend on the kind of camera. What kind is it?

If you have a digital video camera, you can upload into your computer with using a USB or a firewire wire.

If it is an analog video camera, you need a converter device. After that, upload it to the computer using a USB or a firewire.

Some software for analog video can be pain the neck for complex steps.

I have my analog video camera and run on a Director's Cut "Take 2" converter (Miglia Company) to upload into my computer.

It is better for me to buy a digital w/o the converter because it is less work because of the video quality. I'm just happy with my converter, but I want to catch up the digital technology.

If you have a digital video camera, you can upload into your computer with using a USB or a firewire wire.

If it is an analog video camera, you need a converter device. After that, upload it to the computer using a USB or a firewire.

Some software for analog video can be pain the neck for complex steps.

I have my analog video camera and run on a Director's Cut "Take 2" converter (Miglia Company) to upload into my computer.

It is better for me to buy a digital w/o the converter because it is less work because of the video quality. I'm just happy with my converter, but I want to catch up the digital technology.

Cool!! I don't have videocamera. I only have Logitech Fusion Webcam. Glad that I took my time to watch videocameras envolved from "caveman to Alien" LOL. Now that I'm ready to buy Digital Videocamera. :rofl:

Any HIGH quality webcam would record for YouTube (many YouTubers use webcam to show off their computer or objects).. But be sure try NOT record video too close to anything because video will become blurry. Few webcam have focusing len but still get blurry if it is too close to the object.

Catty

Cool!! I don't have videocamera. I only have Logitech Fusion Webcam. Glad that I took my time to watch videocameras envolved from "caveman to Alien" LOL. Now that I'm ready to buy Digital Videocamera. :rofl:

Any HIGH quality webcam would record for YouTube (many YouTubers use webcam to show off their computer or objects).. But be sure try NOT record video too close to anything because video will become blurry. Few webcam have focusing len but still get blurry if it is too close to the object.

Catty

I have a Kodak easyshare C743. (about $150 at wal-mart) it's a 7.1 megapixel still camera and the video mode takes very good quality video. (at least VHS quality) I've had no trouble uploading the videos to youtube, and I can also convert and burn the videos to DVD and it looks great on the TV.

I bought a 2GB SD memory card for it so I can hold hours of video before I need to upload it to my computer.

It has a 3x Optical zoom, but once you start recording in video mode you can't zoom in or out. For less than $200 that's a drawback I can live with.

7.1 megapixel is for pictures only. Video do not matter and it dont use 7.1MP.

you won't get 7.1 MP frames of video, it's just not possible but the camera does give you 640 × 480 at 30 frames per second, which is size and refresh rate of a standard NTSC TV signal.

Back