Upgrading from BB curve 8510 to newer cell suggestions?

Anij

Reaction score
I've had my BlackBerry curve (8310 - GPS, no WiFi) for about 2.5years now and I'm able to do a hardware upgrade if I want.

Just and FYI - I'm deaf on my right side, and have mild/mod hearing loss on the left ... I am able to use the phone (with people I know, who speak clearly, in a very quiet place etc) on my current BB - but mostly use if to text, email, read ebooks and some web browsing. I'm not worried about being able to play online games, or "stream" music etc.

I really like my BB curve and I'm about 90% positive I want to stay with BB (not switch to iPhone - unless I can be "convinced" it's better for me)

I'm looking at the current models (available through www.rogers.com ) trying to decide what to upgrade to.

For those who are BB users - can you post your model (Bold 9000/9700, Curve 8520/8900 etc) that you have and what you like & dislike about it ??

FYI - my carrier does NOToffer the BB Storm so that isn't an option for me

Thanks!

I've had my BlackBerry curve (8310 - GPS, no WiFi) for about 2.5years now and I'm able to do a hardware upgrade if I want.

Just and FYI - I'm deaf on my right side, and have mild/mod hearing loss on the left ... I am able to use the phone (with people I know, who speak clearly, in a very quiet place etc) on my current BB - but mostly use if to text, email, read ebooks and some web browsing. I'm not worried about being able to play online games, or "stream" music etc.

I really like my BB curve and I'm about 90% positive I want to stay with BB (not switch to iPhone - unless I can be "convinced" it's better for me)

I'm looking at the current models (available through www.rogers.com ) trying to decide what to upgrade to.

For those who are BB users - can you post your model (Bold 9000/9700, Curve 8520/8900 etc) that you have and what you like & dislike about it ??

FYI - my carrier does NOToffer the BB Storm so that isn't an option for me

Thanks!

I have a Blackberry Bold 9700... I'm quite happy with it. It is fast and smooth. With having BB Bold 9700, there is 3 G, 2 G, wifi and GPS etc.

Like: Qwerty keyboard on BB Bold 9700 is good as I liked that it have full keyboard rather than having a touch screen or suretype keyboard. Having a media card is good for saving photos and documents etc. The screen on BB Bold 9700 is very clear and sharp.

Dislike: well I wish it got more on board memory for applications... since it is up to 256 MB.

the best device I have ever had 8900 before jumped ship to the full touchscreen device w/ powerful 1GHz processor. It runs 2.5 EGDE, Wi-Fi 802.11b/g, 480x360 resolution screen, 256 MB ROM, 512 MHz processor, and 3.15 MP w/LED flash. I customized my own theme by theme developer. I used it for a year and am selling it.

I am disappoint that next gen of BB had lack of SYNC, the WOW factor, and new innovation!

Anyway I aint sure RIM still making and sell 9000 and 8900. I think 9700 is right for you, because 9700's redesigned and size as same as 8900.

So, Good luck with your decision. ;)

Yea, RIM doesn't have any new "wow" factor. But it is the business and professional choice.
To each their own I guess. It's not uncommon for someone to have two phones when working in corporate sector, I did.

Yea, RIM doesn't have any new "wow" factor. But it is the business and professional choice.
To each their own I guess. It's not uncommon for someone to have two phones when working in corporate sector, I did.
Yeah, RIM didn't make the new design and new innovation from scratch! I remembered that RIM Ceo told that give up business device, & wanted all devices merged with multimedia for customers. See, RIM's market success & leader.
anyway OP asking BB owners opinion and which one of bb series is right upgradeable for OP. ;)

Yeah, RIM didn't make the new design and new innovation from scratch! I remembered that RIM Ceo told that give up business device, & wanted all devices merged with multimedia for customers. See, RIM's market success & leader.
anyway OP asking BB owners opinion and which one of bb series is right upgradeable for OP. ;)

XBGMER, what type of touch screen phone do you have now?

Back