Update...

WildHunt

Reaction score
Ok so I went into the hearing aid place this morning. Apparently, the fitting IS to fix the hearing aids and whatever. I have the hearing aids on for one week and I return May 2nd for a follow-up.

I also had to get a 2nd earmold filling for the left ear due to the one I got was too small (the person who did them the first time told me to move my head and my jaw... I was like.. why?), so I should get that soon and hopefully by then it'll be better.

4 years of silence all of a sudden gone today, and wow, I am so NOT used to it. I know it may take a while to get used to hearing stuff, but still.. jeez.

I'm currently listening to the keyboard clacking and the occassional sounds from the tv.

Problem is, the hearing aids keeps cutting out.. like I'd hear stuff and then all of a sudden hear nothing and I'll hear stuff again if I turn the hearing aid off and back on. oh well.

Quite interesting how this turns out for me.

Awesome :thumb:.....now let's switch hearing aids?....:D

Problem is, the hearing aids keeps cutting out.. like I'd hear stuff and then all of a sudden hear nothing and I'll hear stuff again if I turn the hearing aid off and back on. oh well.

I would take it back and ask for an explanation. That should not happen. I wonder if it's one of those hearing aids with the feedback loop control things that are designed to cut out feedback?

I would take it back and ask for an explanation. That should not happen. I wonder if it's one of those hearing aids with the feedback loop control things that are designed to cut out feedback?

I'll bring it up next week after the trial period... I just need more time to get used to the hearing aids and figure things out. :)

Wildhunt:

If the sound in the HA was cutting off and on, it could be due to the fact you have moisture in the tube that is attached to your earmold. You can visibly see the moisture through the tube, if any. If not, I would have it checked out, something could be wrong with it.

What about directional microphones? With newer digital HAs, if there is a lot of background noise, the programs can be set to automatically cut off the mikes picking up all the noise that is behind you, which might make it seem like they have suddenly stopped working.

One of my HAs has a directional microphone and the other doesn't, and it is really weird when the one with the directional microphone cuts out and the other one doesn't.

I think it's just the nature of digitals; that is to say, there's the cutting out of extraneous noises.

Give me an analog any day! I want to hear everything and do MY own filtering which is the closest to how hearing peoples' hearing is!

Tomorrow. Good luck. :cool:

Then afterwards, you'll 'hear' it crystal clear: *dark haired dude in heavy set black glasses in a monotone voice stops by: "Can you hear me now? Good!"*

:scatter:

~RR

Back