"Update your VP"

PowerWCRulez

Reaction score
HI there,

I got a call came from non-number, it's on missed call list. I was puzzled who called from "Update your VP" on my missed call list.

I got the same thing the other day. They are adding a new feature under settings / network. Its says "ports". Listed under ports is "control ports tcp" and "media ports udp". It has the following numbers under each: 15328 - 15339.

They are trying to have these ports open for tcp and udp. I guess it will be automatic with this new feature. I am not certain what that port range is but I do know there is a port in that range for multicasting, which has something to do with broadcasting video stuff over the internet.

I have not checked the VP but if it offer more ports options then that will be great cuz it will allow us to have more VPs under 1 ip address if we can assign different port for each VP in the house.

I am tired. I am not understand vp not work not good on videophone is try better commuication to you. I want to talk to videophone of us. That is great help you. I don't understand input ping. I don't know how can I figure out to try contact to commuication to better help you.

I have not checked the VP but if it offer more ports options then that will be great cuz it will allow us to have more VPs under 1 ip address if we can assign different port for each VP in the house.

Why would we need that if we are using dhcp? Ports also are not for assigning ip addresses that is done statically or dynamically at the service provider and locally on your router.

I already updated VP200 and and added Virtual Servers setup for Belkin N Wireless router. VP Tech told me that Belkin was the only router requiring Virtual Server setup. Funny thing that I adding lines for port till I ran out, needing two more slots to fill up (My belkin's Virtual port only have 20 lines while he said must fill 22 lines). VP tech almost going to suggest me just to reboot router and leave DMZ on every now and then. It popped in my mind, why not turncate Port string, like VP2-VP22...15328-15348...TCP&UDP...125...15328-15348 . He said try it!!

At the same time as soon as I finished filled TWO lines and He was about to tell me stop (putting his hand on video screen trying to tell me STOP!! and it frozed) My router rebooted and went back up. Few seconds later video went back normal, he said Yeah Yeah!! I can see your Port forwarding changed on my screen!!, it changed quickly as soon as I rebooted router. Then he asked me to hang up and let him call me. He called and my VP200 flashes. I answered and said it's working great!!

TWO LINES are all I need for my Belkin's Virtual Server!!

It was sooo funny. We both were laughing.

I got E911 and my Local VP number changed. So everything are updated!!

So does my Ojo. Got updated E911 for Ojo too.. Ojo TEch service told me that real 10 digit number will be ready in about two weeks so I can call ANY VP with 10 digit numbers.

Catty

I have gotten the update about two weeks ago, but I never got that call.

I am waiting for the 10-digit telephone number.

Why would we need that if we are using dhcp? Ports also are not for assigning ip addresses that is done statically or dynamically at the service provider and locally on your router.

If VP were to be designed to allow to have different ports avaliable then we could have more than 1 VP on same service provider. Right now you need 1 ip address per VP in home or apartment.

Example - Roommates only get one service provider then use with router via dhcp to each their room to save monthly cost but they can only have one VP on DMZ only. With seperate ports then each roommate can their own VP in their own room and just have different port forwarded to each VP.

You can get more ip address from service provider but it cost extra and cable run about 8 to 20 dollar for each extra ip address per month and dsl require you to have busniess account which start about 80 dollar a month before they give you more ip address.

If VP were to be designed to allow to have different ports avaliable then we could have more than 1 VP on same service provider. Right now you need 1 ip address per VP in home or apartment.

Example - Roommates only get one service provider then use with router via dhcp to each their room to save monthly cost but they can only have one VP on DMZ only. With seperate ports then each roommate can their own VP in their own room and just have different port forwarded to each VP.

You can get more ip address from service provider but it cost extra and cable run about 8 to 20 dollar for each extra ip address per month and dsl require you to have busniess account which start about 80 dollar a month before they give you more ip address.

You should not need a static Ip address for any vp that is dhcp capable. The router will assign the vp an ip address -- regardless of how many vps are in the house.

I have gotten the update about two weeks ago, but I never got that call.

I am waiting for the 10-digit telephone number.

Yeah, I had gotten new Sorenson number last November. I have three different 10-digital numbers for Sorenson, Viable and Purple (HOVRS). I received some email message from Sprintrelay, Hamilton, CSDVRS and other VRS for registering new numbers. I don't need more numbers. I have enough three different numbers.

You should not need a static Ip address for any vp that is dhcp capable. The router will assign the vp an ip address -- regardless of how many vps are in the house.

Then why do VP installer setup an private ip on the router DMZ and assign the private ip address to the vp? It would be much easier for installer just to plug in the VP into router and let DHCP assign the ip to it.

Yeah, I had gotten new Sorenson number last November. I have three different 10-digital numbers for Sorenson, Viable and Purple (HOVRS). I received some email message from Sprintrelay, Hamilton, CSDVRS and other VRS for registering new numbers. I don't need more numbers. I have enough three different numbers.

I have these 3 numbers too, but can't connect to Sorenson vp at home from my vpad+ unless I use the ip address. 10 digit numbers don't seem to work yet across different vrs providers. Anyone else have the same experience?

Then why do VP installer setup an private ip on the router DMZ and assign the private ip address to the vp? It would be much easier for installer just to plug in the VP into router and let DHCP assign the ip to it.

Dmz's are typically used for adding an additional layer of security. An external attacker only has access to equipment in the DMZ, rather than the whole of the network.

My installer used dhcp and when I had the vp repaired recently they told me to use dhcp. I suspect your installer is either old school and doing things the old fashion way or is trying to setup static ip addressing so there are no conflicts between the router and vp. This is all unecesarry though.

I only got 2 numbers one is local for E911 and other for 10 digit numbers that is all I need. Too bad for me that my vp number have to change. Sine I was using my mom's old number to remmy her who passed away 3 yrs ago. :(

Dmz's are typically used for adding an additional layer of security. An external attacker only has access to equipment in the DMZ, rather than the whole of the network.

My installer used dhcp and when I had the vp repaired recently they told me to use dhcp. I suspect your installer is either old school and doing things the old fashion way or is trying to setup static ip addressing so there are no conflicts between the router and vp. This is all unecesarry though.

DMZ host expose and opens all the ports to the private ip address that is assigned to it without needing to forward the ports.

"DMZ" and "DMZ host" is not the same thing anyway, DMZ host on home router are a lesser type or not a true DMZ.

I just tested my VP turning off the DMZ and using the dhcp to let it assign a private ip address to the VP. I got a black screen on incoming calls but other party can see me on their VP.

I am curious how recently did they set your VP to use dhcp? Maybe not all VP have firmware updated yet?

DMZ host expose and opens all the ports to the private ip address that is assigned to it without needing to forward the ports.

"DMZ" and "DMZ host" is not the same thing anyway, DMZ host on home router are a lesser type or not a true DMZ.

I just tested my VP turning off the DMZ and using the dhcp to let it assign a private ip address to the VP. I got a black screen on incoming calls but other party can see me on their VP.

I am curious how recently did they set your VP to use dhcp? Maybe not all VP have firmware updated yet?

I don't know if it make any difference but the router I am using is Dlink DIR-655.

Tech was out today replacing my router and he setup the router, sorenson router, to use dhcp. You are getting the black screen because there is a conflict between the settings in your vp and your router.

I am not sure what router you have but the settings you plug in to your vp are different for each router.

I got E911 and my VP already updated! But I couldn't get Local Number for some reason and I have call Customer Support and they said they couldn't fix it and they have to tell Sorenson Manager about it do you have idea why is it???

I just got local Number update so everything fine now. I wish We can using one ip address on two vp. Because my roommate has two vp and we have to share one and it mine vp.

I just got local Number update so everything fine now. I wish We can using one ip address on two vp. Because my roommate has two vp and we have to share one and it mine vp.

You could call cable company that you wanted to order additional ip address and also buy a switch so you and your roommate can use vp at the same time. It really works for me when I used to roommate with my former friend. All you need to do is order another ip address and buy a switch box.

Back