Update on my shoulder rehab after surgery

hohDougRN

Reaction score
Hey guys, as some of you know I had my Right shoulder surgery in March and is now 12 weeks since my surgery! Things are going great and I have had no complications. I have a ways to go until I am throwing hard and playing ball again but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel now.

I have been able to golf now for 3 weeks and it has no pain.

I have done couple sessions of some light tennis, but that caused some discomfort.

I do have all my range of motion back and am basically doing different resistance bands with increasing resistance each week.

Only done swimming twice, but that actually feels great to swim and will go more as I have the time.

Im 3 weeks until Im throwing at all yet, but its getting close. If that goes well I might be able to play fall ball which starts 3rd week of August. Im crossing my fingers :D

Hey doug, I was wondering where you were. Good to hear from you and Im glad you're recovering.. I hope all goes well in your recovery.

welcome back!! yup I still spray antibacterial stuff at the ymca. :lol: Hope your shoulder stays good for long time!

That's great Doug! I wondered why I hadn't seen you much at all. Course I was missing for some of it - so I probably didn't see any posts about your surgery. Glad to hear things are coming along.:wave:

Hey guys, as some of you know I had my Right shoulder surgery in March and is now 12 weeks since my surgery! Things are going great and I have had no complications. I have a ways to go until I am throwing hard and playing ball again but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel now.

I have been able to golf now for 3 weeks and it has no pain.

I have done couple sessions of some light tennis, but that caused some discomfort.

I do have all my range of motion back and am basically doing different resistance bands with increasing resistance each week.

Only done swimming twice, but that actually feels great to swim and will go more as I have the time.

Im 3 weeks until Im throwing at all yet, but its getting close. If that goes well I might be able to play fall ball which starts 3rd week of August. Im crossing my fingers :D

:wave: Wait.......don't wave back. :lol:

take it slow throwing........you can get picked up for world just by hitting bombs.

Welcome back, Doug....hmmmmm...no excuse for not coming around more....you've got "twinkle toes" don't cha'?

Awesome news!!! I didnt know that your shoulder surgery! :)

Welcome back Doug! Be good to your shoulder!

Great to know your shoulder surgery went well, and that you are on the road to recovery. I am just curious though; what did you do to your shoulder?

Have you noticed an improvement in anything compared to before you had surgery?

Great to know your shoulder surgery went well, and that you are on the road to recovery. I am just curious though; what did you do to your shoulder?

I actually had 2 different problems- I had some rotator cuff issues that I knew needed surgery over a year ago. In November, I fell and tore my Labrum in the same shoulder. I still waited 3 months before deciding to have the shoulder surgery mostly because I was very apprehensive to have shoulder surgery and was trying to just tough it out. But, with the bad pain and limited use I finally just had to do it.

Have you noticed an improvement in anything compared to before you had surgery?

Yes, I already have improvement even though I still have plenty of rehab to do. Its nice now to not have pain no matter what I do. Even though I still have plenty I still have yet to do, I was at the point before the surgery that I could not do much of anything.

Thank you everybody for your well wishes and encouragement. You are all awesome :)

I actually had 2 different problems- I had some rotator cuff issues that I knew needed surgery over a year ago. In November, I fell and tore my Labrum in the same shoulder. I still waited 3 months before deciding to have the shoulder surgery mostly because I was very apprehensive to have shoulder surgery and was trying to just tough it out. But, with the bad pain and limited use I finally just had to do it.

Yes, I already have improvement even though I still have plenty of rehab to do. Its nice now to not have pain no matter what I do. Even though I still have plenty I still have yet to do, I was at the point before the surgery that I could not do much of anything.

Thank you everybody for your well wishes and encouragement. You are all awesome :)

I'm glad to hear you're no longer in such pain and that you're on the road to recovery.

So happy to see that you are on the road back. Glad that everything went well.

That is great you're going good. What kind of surgery did you have done?
I am asking as I need to have surgery for a bone spur in my shoulder. I read on web site that some people are still in pain 6 months after their surgery!
I am older to so it would take longer for my body to heal.
I am glad your surgery when so well for you!!

Back