UPDATE for BLACKBERRY USERS

XBGMER

Reaction score
RIM BlackBerry made to announce that AIM and ICQ software relased for BLACKBERRY.

You can go to downloading from AIM for BlackBerry and ICQ for BlackBerry for FREE!

Real-time delivery and sending of messages, through your BlackBerry data plan, not SMS, :)

Have enjoy AIM/ ICQ on blackberry, good luck! ;)

Warning: Notice

This web page uses ActiveX controls that work only in Microsoft Internet Explorer. To ensure that AIM/ICQ for BlackBerry is correctly downloaded to your BlackBerry, this site is not designed to work with any other Internet browsers. If you cannot use Internet Explorer, you may be able to download the software directly to your BlackBerry smartphone.

that where I recently learn from blackberrycool site

Last edited:
RIM BlackBerry made to announce that AIM and ICQ software relased for BLACKBERRY.

You can go to downloading from AIM for BlackBerry and ICQ for BlackBerry for FREE!

Real-time delivery and sending of messages, through your BlackBerry data plan, not SMS, :)

Have enjoy AIM/ ICQ on blackberry, good luck! ;)

Warning: Notice

This web page uses ActiveX controls that work only in Microsoft Internet Explorer. To ensure that AIM/ICQ for BlackBerry is correctly downloaded to your BlackBerry, this site is not designed to work with any other Internet browsers. If you cannot use Internet Explorer, you may be able to download the software directly to your BlackBerry smartphone.

that where I recently learn from blackberrycool site

After I finished download AIM on my BB and it said must activate on blackberry.com/aim, but I cant do anything, can u help me out? Thanks

It hasn't been officially released. I downloaded it, too. But it doesn't work. We'll have to wait until the carriers (Verizon, Sprint, T-Mo, Cingular) release the service books for AIM, ICQ, etc.

It hasn't been officially released. I downloaded it, too. But it doesn't work. We'll have to wait until the carriers (Verizon, Sprint, T-Mo, Cingular) release the service books for AIM, ICQ, etc.

Ohh got it, thanks

<too
Gotcha, thanks!

Thank to XBGMER about AIM/ICQ on BB, I will keep watching when it is officially released.

oy i almost downloaded it but i ll wait til the release, it ll be i belive in june!

~VIA BB~ Hi blackberry users, you aren't one who have problem with AIM, ICQn and Live window messenger. Me too, I have problem with that.

But I found out that those are working with 8800, not 8700. Like concpet of msn won't work with sk2, all yahoo, msn, and aim of ims working with sk3. Geez..

I hope RIM blackberry fix it asap then release it for 8700 series soon!

I am sorry, this is inconvience (sp)..

Thank you for reply...

I have 8100/Pearl, it doesn't work either.
~VIA BB~

FreeWoman, that's strange. But interesting indeed.. I will find picture from internet that who using 8800, all ims working with his blackberry 8800.

but like javapride said, she believe It will be in June. I hope her words is true. :)

I can wait till RIM blackberry have done fix it.

Tried to download

I try to download it from website on my 7130e Verizon and thewebsite appear.

Notice
Sorry, your wireless service provider does not support AOL Instant Messenger for BlackBerry at this time.

I guess have to wait few months to work on my BlackBerry.

Here you go, look at what I found on the internet...

capture3fs1.png

Awesome, it is from Sprint only!! the one we been waiting on from RIM and hopefully works for other carriers. Grrr

Here you go, look at what I found on the internet...

capture3fs1.png

Awesome, it is from Sprint only!! the one we been waiting on from RIM and hopefully works for other carriers. Grrr

Yes, right now it's only available on Sprint.

FYI, your ENTIRE buddy list will NOT be available. You will need to pick your TOP 30 friends. This is a limitation set by AOL, not RIM nor Sprint. AOL forces the mobile program to use a "mobile" buddy list and will create that list if there is no such list to use, and will default populate that list with the first 30 names on your buddy list right now.

~VIA BB~

FreeWoman, that's strange. But interesting indeed.. I will find picture from internet that who using 8800, all ims working with his blackberry 8800.

but like javapride said, she believe It will be in June. I hope her words is true. :)

I can wait till RIM blackberry have done fix it.

I just got recent new blackberry curve 8300 and I was download yahoo but they info me to go blackberry.com/go/ but it said you are not autory sighs...

I just got recent new blackberry curve 8300 and I was download yahoo but they info me to go blackberry.com/go/ but it said you are not autory sighs...
via 8700g~
Katz, wow!, big congrats that you got sweet curveberry! oh you mean
Notice Sorry, your wireless Service Provider does not allow access to AOL Instant Messenger for BlackBerry for your device.
like that?

You know what? At&t won't allow att bb users get to download IM client software on their BB from RIM. How did I know about this? I read another forums in Blackberry.com, and articles on internet, who complaints about at&t refuse to allow att bb customers get to download IM programs on their bb from RIM.

I just suggest you go download the multi-IM client software like www.yak-on.com or www.beejive.com or www.shapeservices.com which one of capable with your curveberry. They give you trial days. Good luck!

Link please?
yeah here is
Check with service provider for roaming arrangements, service plans and supported features and services.

1. Applies to subscribers on an unlimited BlackBerry data plan.
2. Carrier may charge for download of application. ‘No additional expenditure’ applies only to subscribers on an unlimited BlackBerry data plan.

Get it Now : Open your mobile web browser & go to www.blackberry.com/instantmessaging/aim

(Currently only available on the following Sprint Nextel Blackberry devices: 7130e, 8703e, 7100i, 7520).
on the main homepage that AIM from AOL is now available for download for free: Mobile AIM BlackBerry - AOL Mobile

Most Gmail and Yahoo! go I use. I never give a try irc on my bb

Read and reply to emails - fast instead of Blackberry messages:

Visit at gmail.com/app
on your mobile web browser

You want to try a chat program for berries, so found this one:

Download IRC at http://jmirc.sourceforge.net/jmIrc.jad

Yahoo Go 2.0 Friday release for Blackberry:

Download Y! GO at Yahoo! Mobile. The Internet now fits your phone.

Demo: Go: Overview

those are freee!

You can download them free of charge to your new device from our WAP-site:
wap.shapeservices.com

You have another software for BB, throw it here to share with other blackberry users. :)

TMO 8700g Update... Finally!

Handheld Software v4.2.1.91

Good news 8700g new version finally released. You all can now download from T-mobile website: BB Upgrade

Enjoy and Good Luck!

Handheld Software v4.2.1.91

Good news 8700g new version finally released. You all can now download from T-mobile website: BB Upgrade

Enjoy and Good Luck!

Cool but I don't belong to T-MOBILE but do you upgrade via BB or from desktop manager?? if Desktop manager, do you have to save a backup then restore after upgrade??? please advise and thanks...

Another note, I don't think 8320 is gonna come out after all... grr.. I heard that WIFI isn't the safest thing for the BB due to hacking (is that true?? )

Back