Unofficial AllDeaf Map - Post Your Location!

Hi from North Bay,On

i `m from north bay. i wish to chat and make friends here. i wish to lean more asl. but i do fine mostly.:hmm: hard to say i do quite well on what i can do. i wish more around fo meto learn more but i practice every day. also pray in asl/ esl mix.from what my deaf friends have told me i do very well for not growing up in as they say deaf world. but i do understand it.different but all good to me :)

If you look up "Mica" WA, it will most likely not give you much. It is a little south of Spokane WA. The OTHER side of the state from Seattle. I am very close to the ID state line. We have a bunch of real "happening" places close by............mmmm......Greenacres, Worly, Valleyford, Oppertunity, Plummer, Rockford, and more. Not saying Mica is small, but they closed the the post office in Mica and made an address change to Valleyford. I did not move, just my address did. Everyone in Mica was a little put out (all three of us) but what can you do ? I actually do not live in the "town" of Mica, a few miles out on rural property. We get the four seasons around here usually, Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter, Mud, then back to spring. Allot of wild game. Moose, deer, elk, turkeys, geese, all the small critters and pretty much all the unwanted pets everyone seems to dump in the country. Have had bald eagles around allot this year, allot of snow in the high country so they move down to forage. Been a wet soggy winter with a record spring for rainfall. Looks to be the pattern for the next month or so they say. Waaaaay too much info, huh ?

If you look up "Mica" WA, it will most likely not give you much. It is a little south of Spokane WA. The OTHER side of the state from Seattle. I am very close to the ID state line. We have a bunch of real "happening" places close by............mmmm......Greenacres, Worly, Valleyford, Oppertunity, Plummer, Rockford, and more. Not saying Mica is small, but they closed the the post office in Mica and made an address change to Valleyford. I did not move, just my address did. Everyone in Mica was a little put out (all three of us) but what can you do ? I actually do not live in the "town" of Mica, a few miles out on rural property. We get the four seasons around here usually, Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter, Mud, then back to spring. Allot of wild game. Moose, deer, elk, turkeys, geese, all the small critters and pretty much all the unwanted pets everyone seems to dump in the country. Have had bald eagles around allot this year, allot of snow in the high country so they move down to forage. Been a wet soggy winter with a record spring for rainfall. Looks to be the pattern for the next month or so they say. Waaaaay too much info, huh ?

Don't feel bad; my town is so small that our post office closed, too! You gotta drive/walk several miles to the next town, and they have a TINY post office. Really, that "town" is only a bank and a post office, an in-home daycare, and a few scattered houses here and there. Our town is so small that we have no zipcode of our own, and the only marker is a tiny little church. You tell anyone where you're from, and NO ONE knows where that is. (To a lot of people, if it's not on the map, it might as well be in Timbuktu.) It doesn't get too crowded here! And if you HATE traffic, then this is the place for you! NO stoplights or traffic for at least 15 miles! :laugh2: I don't actually live IN town; I live several miles outside of the "town".

Don't feel bad; my town is so small that our post office closed, too! You gotta drive/walk several miles to the next town, and they have a TINY post office. Really, that "town" is only a bank and a post office, an in-home daycare, and a few scattered houses here and there. Our town is so small that we have no zipcode of our own, and the only marker is a tiny little church. You tell anyone where you're from, and NO ONE knows where that is. (To a lot of people, if it's not on the map, it might as well be in Timbuktu.) It doesn't get too crowded here! And if you HATE traffic, then this is the place for you! NO stoplights or traffic for at least 15 miles! :laugh2: I don't actually live IN town; I live several miles outside of the "town".

WOW ! You have a bank and a store ? Your uptown. Well, we do have a gas station in Freeman................sorta. Depends on if the owner decides to get up and open it or not. I think he likes his Jim Beam.

Nope, my town doesn't have a bank or a store. (Well, I think there USED to be a grocery store in someone's home like 40 years ago... but it's not there anymore because it burnt down.) The nearest town to me that has a bank or a post office is several miles away. You gotta drive 15 miles to find a dollar store. Wal-Mart is about 45 minutes to an hour away. (Not sure exactly how far) My little town only has a VERY tiny church with about 20 people attending it - people come from all around to attend this church; most of the people who attend it don't live in our town. That's it.

Let's see... I think the nearest gas station is 20 miles. Or 25, something like that. There used to be one gas pump in our town, but it's not functional anymore, since its owner died a few years back.

Oh, wait. I just remembered - we have an old soda machine randomly along the road! It's still functional. Does THAT count as a store? :lol:

Nope, my town doesn't have a bank or a store. (Well, I think there USED to be a grocery store in someone's home like 40 years ago... but it's not there anymore because it burnt down.) The nearest town to me that has a bank or a post office is several miles away. You gotta drive 15 miles to find a dollar store. Wal-Mart is about 45 minutes away. (Not sure how many miles) My little town only has a VERY tiny church with about 20 people attending it. That's it.

Let's see... I think the nearest gas station is 20 miles. Or 25, something like that. There used to be one gas pump in our town, but it's not functional anymore, since its owner died a few years back.

Oh, wait. I just remembered - we have an old soda machine randomly along the road! It's still functional. Does THAT count as a store? :lol:

Heck yeah ! Soda machine is high tech !

Haha, I guess it is! What's funny is that it's just randomly sitting there along the road. Nothing else is around it, just corn fields and hay fields. It's weird coz there's this crazy kid who likes to climb on top of the soda machine and see how far he can jump off of it, and land into the corn field. Strangely, he hasn't killed himself yet...

That reminds me of the random pay phone that I saw a few weekends ago in Lancaster when I was there. It was just sitting there in the middle of an Amish field! I've never seen a pay phone before, probably because one, I'm a teen. Two, we don't have fancy things like pay phones here where I live. And three, I never use the phone, anyway, so I don't even pay attention. But I was so amazed at this random pay phone in the middle of the Amish field, that I made my mom stop the car, and I hung out the window and snaped a picture of it! :laugh2:

Sorry, random moment. I do that a lot. I'm just awesome like that!

Haha, I guess it is! What's funny is that it's just randomly sitting there along the road. Nothing else is around it, just corn fields and hay fields. It's weird coz there's this crazy kid who likes to climb on top of the soda machine and see how far he can jump off of it, and land into the corn field. Strangely, he hasn't killed himself yet...

That reminds me of the random pay phone that I saw a few weekends ago in Lancaster when I was there. It was just sitting there in the middle of an Amish field! I've never seen a pay phone before, probably because one, I'm a teen. Two, we don't have fancy things like pay phones here where I live. And three, I never use the phone, anyway, so I don't even pay attention. But I was so amazed at this random pay phone in the middle of the Amish field, that I made my mom stop the car, and I hung out the window and snaped a picture of it! :laugh2:

Sorry, random moment. I do that a lot. I'm just awesome like that!

No.........that fits in a rural setting. Halfway up Mica Peak there is a sofa, an end table and a tv. No kidding. Only way in is on dirt bike, horse or way built 4x4. No way to get a full size truck up that trail. But there it is, just like some guys apartment or something. Oh, and then a tree by Signal Point with about 4000 thumb tacks in it. The kind with colored plastic on the top. Just a tree with thumb tacks. In ID they have tree covered in tennis shoes. People around here get bored easy I guess.

Oh my, that's funny! Talk about an awesome Super Bowl party location next year! Haha :lol:

For a while there, we had a random BBQ grill right next to the soda machine. It was a good place to have cook-outs, until someone stole the grill...

I've lived in MO my whole life:

-originally from St Louis, where my family still lives
-went to college for 5 years in Kirksville (northeast)
-have lived in Columbia (central) for 3 years while husband finishes school
-moving to Springfield (southwest) next month for his residency
-he's from MN so maybe there for his career after our year in Springfield?

the map doesn't work for me either

Charlene

I live in barrie On. I am new to this site so i am trying to find some friends. it does not matter where you live. I want to practice my ASL with someone and get to know some interesting people. well see you later

Back