United States of Narcissism

Status
Not open for further replies.
I missed on the news. Please tell me about the AA+.

I don't watch the TV news often because I am so sick about the murders and crimes.
Two days ago stockmarket hit so bad and it is worst since 2008 then yesterday S@R ( need to read news on internet to make sure it is right letter) announced US's credit rate dropped from AAA to AA+ which it is bad for us all. It is possible interest rates goes up for any loans alike cars, mortgages and credit cards. Something has to do with 2 trillion dollars in debt for the future. I need to go and check my 401K and see if we lost some $ on it. Republicans asked US treasurer from Obama's admins to resign. I am still confuse on this whole mess. Sad day for USA.

Two days ago stockmarket hit so bad and it is worst since 2008 then yesterday S@R ( need to read news on internet to make sure it is right letter) announced US's credit rate dropped from AAA to AA+ which it is bad for us all. It is possible interest rates goes up for any loans alike cars, mortgages and credit cards. Something has to do with 2 trillion dollars in debt for the future. I need to go and check my 401K and see if we lost some $ on it. Republicans asked US treasurer from Obama's admins to resign. I am still confuse on this whole mess. Sad day for USA.

It's amazing that GOP still doesn't get the memo.

The main factor for downgrade is the politics and refusing to raise taxes. It's that simple. You NEED to cut the deficit more and cuts in spending isn't ENOUGH but we cannot keep cutting spending otherwise we'd bleed to death. The other way to reduce is to RAISE TAXES ON THE RICH! The rich is KEEPING the money while the middle class and th poor are losing more money.

Okay. Thank you. That's scary. I don't know what to do with the mortgage. No shit.

It's amazing that GOP still doesn't get the memo.

The main factor for downgrade is the politics and refusing to raise taxes. It's that simple. You NEED to cut the deficit more and cuts in spending isn't ENOUGH but we cannot keep cutting spending otherwise we'd bleed to death. The other way to reduce is to RAISE TAXES ON THE RICH! The rich is KEEPING the money while the middle class and th poor are losing more money.
My husband said same thing rich should pay more tax because they work while so many people are out of job than ever before and they can nto pay tax. No wonder our govt is in deep trouble. It bothers us that billionaires pay less tax than school teachers pay tax every year.

Okay. Thank you. That's scary. I don't know what to do with the mortgage. No shit.
Standard and Poor, S@P that is what it is. We see how it goes this Monday. I wanted to buy a new car but now I am not sure if I should wait and see. Feel helpless and scary right now.

I can't believe that things are getting crazier and probably more coverups in the government.

Very few manufacturers in the U.S. that are made in U.S.A. We need more U.S. manufacturers to make some money from all over the world to keep our businesses stable.

Our government paid billions of dollars in China to develop hundreds of McDonalds restaurants. The government has no right to do that. I still cannot believe that McDonalds already got our money that hurt us a lot. It is obvious that China is waiting for us to be broke and take over our land. That is China's aggressive goal.

I am not sure if I am correct about the old history in 1800's: American irons were sent to England to be processed in making the steels, and then shipped back to America. They decided that it does not make a sense so they processed their own in the U.S. That's how the Steel Company became so strong and the steels are much stronger than any countries. Until, China sells the steels in our country, and the steels are so thin and inferior. That's very bad.

Who do you think that made the decision to get China's products? We know that it was not from Obama's decision.

I guess Texas is a different universe. We create jobs.
from what I hear those jobs are government jobs and oil jobs from high gas prices. so you're all proud of milking the country.
truth will come out on perry.

As for charity reducing unemployment, I think you are assuming I am talking about simply giving the poor money. There are charities/non-profit organizations that help people find jobs. Many exist already for the government: vocational rehabilitation.

As for "forcing us to pay at all", well, I was thinking both Bob and Dick would have to pay at least SOME tax (military, SS, etc). Dick believes that we should not pay any tax that helps poor and the needy ONLY. So Dick believes that it should be up to the individual if they want to contribute.

I believe the scenario would be very different if it was shown statistically that more money to help the poor and needy does have positive results (not just for them, but for everyone else, too).

One thing stands out is the reduction of crimes. If there is no money for the poor and needy tomorrow, there would be a huge spate of crimes - theft, robbery, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back