Union group storms into a Walmart

Do you remember that Walmart refused to pay OT rates while the employees worked OT? It got caught big time. That shows that Walmart is evil. There are many problems with Walmart nationwide, nothing new.You should google it and you will find more info about it.

I never referred to Walmart as a person, Did I say he or she?

It wasn't about refusing to pay but a matter of how they categorized their employees as such like "exempt" and how overtime calculations were done. Walmart has paid overtime (had a few friends who worked and got overtime) in the past and today.

Walmart Corporate - Wal-Mart Corrects Pay Calculations

It wasn't about refusing to pay but a matter of how they categorized their employees as such like "exempt" and how overtime calculations were done. Walmart has paid overtime (had a few friends who worked and got overtime) in the past and today.

Walmart Corporate - Wal-Mart Corrects Pay Calculations
Wal-Mart Loses Unpaid Overtime Case - CBS News

Employees Sue Wal-Mart for Overtime - ABC News

Does WalMart avoid paying its workers for work done?

Wal-mart cheats employees out of $33 million in OT pay | International Brotherhood of Boilermakers

Wal-Mart is one of the most scrutinized companies in history. It has been repeatedly investigated by federal and state agencies — and sued by its own employees — for workplace infractions. Just last year, a Pennsylvania jury awarded $78.5 million to employees who were forced to work off the clock and through lunch breaks. In 2005, California’s Fair Employment and Housing Commission ordered the company to pay $172 million to more than 100,000 workers for failing to provide rest breaks. In 2003, following an investigation of 61 Wal-Mart stores, the company paid $11 million in fines for hiring illegal immigrants to work off-the clock. The company has also violated family leave laws and gender discrimination laws. It currently faces more than 50 class action lawsuits.

There are so many links regarding Walmart's violations. I will be glad to go on. Do you want me to?

I've been union long enough with UPS and I see things happening not just my local, it's all over. Some of my statements are facts that I've seen and heard in my workplace and in several UPS regions.

Walmart is known to treat employees unfairly especially towards women for years. It's all about profit they want, they build too many Walmart in the city/town and is still growing. They just don't care about employees, all they care is more customers and profits plain and simple.

As for overtime at UPS.... since the recession, the hourly loses most of the overtime and became scarce nowadays. The drivers still gets the overtime because they're over dispatched with more stops because it's cheaper to pay them overtime than having more drivers and trucks on the street. A lot of businesses cutting overtime to save money.

Most of your info are incorrect. Anyway why does Walmart ban unions? Do you know why? I do. Walmart doesn't want its employees to have fairness. Plain and simple.

I've been union long enough with UPS and I see things happening not just my local, it's all over. Some of my statements are facts that I've seen and heard in my workplace and in several UPS regions.

Walmart is known to treat employees unfairly especially towards women for years. It's all about profit they want, they build too many Walmart in the city/town and is still growing. They just don't care about employees, all they care is more customers and profits plain and simple.

As for overtime at UPS.... since the recession, the hourly loses most of the overtime and became scarce nowadays. The drivers still gets the overtime because they're over dispatched with more stops because it's cheaper to pay them overtime than having more drivers and trucks on the street. A lot of businesses cutting overtime to save money.
I work for USPS for 29 years. The union, APWU helps us a lot. It works hard to protect us. It's worth it. Even PMG knows.

Employees who sign up for OT still work OT almost everyday.

Good for you. :)

I work for USPS for 29 years. The union, APWU helps us a lot. It works hard to protect us. It's worth it. Even PMG knows.

What about those that want full time but NOT overtime?

As far as I know, Walmart can't threaten physical harm or property damage or extortion which some unions do.
They can only threaten their workers with job loss and bad work history.

In union controlled industries, potential workers are told that they will not be allowed to work if they don't join the union.
True. However, when they compare their compensation to unrepresented workers, they are ready and able to join.

If you're not sure maybe you should check on that before making the statement.
I was hoping someone that knew would weigh in. Since none of us have worked there, it would be hearsay for "a friend of a friend told me" stuff. That is why I tagged that comment with an "I'm not sure" byline.

BTW, why are Walmart, Target, and other retailers keeping unions out?

Inside employees gets 8 hour days and doesn't get much overtime, same applies to hourlys (part timers)

What about those that want full time but NOT overtime?

Inside employees gets 8 hour days and doesn't get much overtime, same applies to hourlys (part timers)

You say "get" like they want it but do they have to work overtime even if they don't want it?

Watch out for the congress, they have power to break the union into piece while dealing with USPS's financial crisis.

Our present Congress mostly represents large corporate interests because our present campaign laws that they paid for are working for them.

We have at present a tiny union workforce compared to when our country was at its peak. That of course was before treasonous politicians and their owners began the slow but steady successful effort to put all the wealth back into their pockets.

Even the dog dirt cheapest wage states like SC do not actually compete with Chinese labor. First the unions are undercut then all the wages are under cut. We become a new model of success where we are just like Mexico and a few fatcats have all the wealth.

Do you remember that Walmart refused to pay OT rates while the employees worked OT? It got caught big time. That shows that Walmart is evil. There are many problems with Walmart nationwide, nothing new.You should google it and you will find more info about it.
It got resolved without a union, did it not?

I never referred to Walmart as a person, Did I say he or she?
You use Walmart in an anthropomorphic way by saying Walmart does things the way a person does. Walmart is not an individual entity that has motivations, feelings, or thoughts. You're ascribing human characteristics to a non-human.

...Walmart is known to treat employees unfairly especially towards women for years. It's all about profit they want, they build too many Walmart in the city/town and is still growing. They just don't care about employees, all they care is more customers and profits plain and simple….
Yet people still work there, and more people line up for jobs at Walmart stores.

It got resolved without a union, did it not?

You use Walmart in an anthropomorphic way by saying Walmart does things the way a person does. Walmart is not an individual entity that has motivations, feelings, or thoughts. You're ascribing human characteristics to a non-human.

Yes, we have labor laws that protect workers.

but... judge activism could be problematic.

They can only threaten their workers with job loss and bad work history.
Which is regrettable if they aren't doing anything against the rules but still is the same as a physical beating or vandalism against their property, or having their place of business shut down, leaving them out of work.

True. However, when they compare their compensation to unrepresented workers, they are ready and able to join.
That's what I'm trying to find out. How does the compensation compare?

I was hoping someone that knew would weigh in. Since none of us have worked there, it would be hearsay for "a friend of a friend told me" stuff. That is why I tagged that comment with an "I'm not sure" byline.

BTW, why are Walmart, Target, and other retailers keeping unions out?
They don't need them.

Which is funny because we have laws in place to help and protect workers. I dont think having a union is absolutely required in all cases.

Back