Union group storms into a Walmart

You use Walmart in an anthropomorphic way by saying Walmart does things the way a person does. Walmart is not an individual entity that has motivations, feelings, or thoughts. You're ascribing human characteristics to a non-human.
Walmart is a corporation managed by CEOs. However, news even mentioned that Walmart violated the laws (while actually its CEOs violated the laws). They work together to treat employees unfairly. SAD! That's why an union is a must. If Walmart treats them fairly, those violations would not occur. There's a two-way respect, not one way.

Perhaps some people are desperate for a job and plus customers still buying stuffs from Walmart, the cheaper they sell, the more customer coming into store.

Yet people still work there, and more people line up for jobs at Walmart stores.

Wirelessly posted

Ugh!! I wonder how many injured Black Friday shoppers will sue. Some resulted in death. That will put a small dent into Wal mart businesses. Wal mart really need to consider customer safety and get off their greedy backside. By saying Wal mart. I mean the big wigs of the cooperation.

Wirelessly posted

Ugh!! I wonder how many injured Black Friday shoppers will sue. Some resulted in death. That will put a small dent into Wal mart businesses. Wal mart really need to consider customer safety and get off their greedy backside. By saying Wal mart. I mean the big wigs of the cooperation.
Walmart isn't the only store with Black Friday sales. All the stores that have Black Friday promotions should think twice about what they're doing.

Black Friday sales make me cringe. The whole merchandise mania of the Christmas shopping season is disgusting.

There is too much greediness at both ends--sellers and buyers. Ugh!

Walmart isn't the only store with Black Friday sales. All the stores that have Black Friday promotions should think twice about what they're doing.

Black Friday sales make me cringe. The whole merchandise mania of the Christmas shopping season is disgusting.

Yes, did you see my link above?

It is VERY crazy!!!

In here, if you need shopping on Black Friday - just wait until afternoon or night after anything settle down.

Yes, did you see my link above?

It is VERY crazy!!!
Yes, I saw your link. That's why I said it was terrible.

In here, if you need shopping on Black Friday - just wait until afternoon or night after anything settle down.
That's why we went in the afternoon, and we avoided all the malls. The two stores that we went to were not in malls or shopping centers. Absolutely no crowds at the carpet store. :lol:

Busy at Lowes but not crowded or wild at all. About average.

Yes, I saw your link. That's why I said it was terrible.

That's why we went in the afternoon, and we avoided all the malls. The two stores that we went to were not in malls or shopping centers. Absolutely no crowds at the carpet store. :lol:

Busy at Lowes but not crowded or wild at all. About average.

I went to Publix today at afternoon and there were moderately busy, so I went to Walmart at night and moderately busy as well.

Yes, the carpet store is very quiet place, so I went there last Tuesday to find a selection so I have entire carpet replaced under warranty due to defective and bad padding. I picked Shaw Caress and hopefully it is great brand.

Unfortunately, I'm not going back to Gallaudet anymore because of deal with IBS flare up (that caused bad anxiety) so I have accept the change in my lifestyle and will continue to study at UAB as part time student.

I went to Publix today at afternoon and there were moderately busy, so I went to Walmart at night and moderately busy as well.

Yes, the carpet store is very quiet place, so I went there last Tuesday to find a selection so I have entire carpet replaced under warranty due to defective and bad padding. I picked Shaw Caress and hopefully it is great brand.

Unfortunately, I'm not going back to Gallaudet anymore because of deal with IBS flare up (that caused bad anxiety) so I have accept the change in my lifestyle and will continue to study at UAB as part time student.
I'm sorry you had to replace your carpet (it's a hassle) but at least the warranty covered it. Shaw is a good name manufacturer but it depends on the particular quality level you pick. Shaw is also an environmentally responsible company.

It's too bad that your health hasn't improved. :(

Wirelessly posted

Reba said:
Wirelessly posted

Absolutely!! It is amazing how people can be Thankful for a short time, then turn into raging shopping monsters that night.

Yet people still work there, and more people line up for jobs at Walmart stores.
Those people have no choice, due to the ineptitude of our current elected officials. And I won't single anyone out here. I thought this was discussed ad nauseum before the political section was closed.

My question regarding why these major retailers fight to keep unions out has not been answered sufficiently. Here is a thought; most prisons serve about 3 free meals a day. They also have fencing around them, with guard towers manned by sharpshooters. Are these security measures designed to keep out people looking for free meals?

Those people have no choice, due to the ineptitude of our current elected officials. And I won't single anyone out here. I thought this was discussed ad nauseum before the political section was closed.
OK.

My question regarding why these major retailers fight to keep unions out has not been answered sufficiently.
Businesses of any kind usually don't want unions because they interfere with the way the board wants the business run. Whether it's a good or bad thing, the union process is disruptive and adds expense to overhead.

The leadership of my son-in-law's company (which he loves) has said that if they are ever forced to unionize they will shut down the business. The workers there have no interest in a union. They get excellent wages and benefits, and morale is very good. The company also provides for community projects, thru funding and manpower. When my SIL was injured on the job, the national bosses flew down to see him and make arrangements for him that went way beyond what was required to help him.

Here is a thought; most prisons serve about 3 free meals a day. They also have fencing around them, with guard towers manned by sharpshooters. Are these security measures designed to keep out people looking for free meals?
Prison security is designed to keep the malcontent criminals separated from the rest of society. To whom are you comparing the prisoners? Workers? I hope not.

OK.

Businesses of any kind usually don't want unions because they interfere with the way the board wants the business run. Whether it's a good or bad thing, the union process is disruptive and adds expense to overhead.

The leadership of my son-in-law's company (which he loves) has said that if they are ever forced to unionize they will shut down the business. The workers there have no interest in a union. They get excellent wages and benefits, and morale is very good. The company also provides for community projects, thru funding and manpower. When my SIL was injured on the job, the national bosses flew down to see him and make arrangements for him that went way beyond what was required to help him.

Yes, there are many good employment - good pay, great benefits and good morale so unions are unnecessary.

Retail, fast food and restaurant jobs are notoriously terrible employment, but depending on companies - Costco is good but Walmart is bad. Local pizza is good but Papa John's is bad.

I noticed that local jobs treat employees better than chain companies.

Back