Unauthorized spending at Walmart

Gotta love this part:

"Shoppers gave mixed reactions to the incident, with one man in the Springhill store told KSLA it was simply "human reaction" to stock-up when given the opportunity."

As if it's human reaction to steal.

No shit! Food dept was almost empty.

Anyway, those people who took advantage of it will get no food stamps for 1-3 months depending on their spending limit.

"...one woman was detained because she rang up a bill of $700 and only had .49 on her card. She was held by police until corporate Wal-Mart said they wouldn't press charges if she left the food"

:lol: source

I hope those people spent money on cat food. Cats will thank everyone for the glitches.

"...one woman was detained because she rang up a bill of $700 and only had .49 on her card. She was held by police until corporate Wal-Mart said they wouldn't press charges if she left the food"

:lol: source
$700 on food only? OMG, that means at least two cartloads of food.

Lynd says at 9 p.m., when the cards came back online and it was announced over the loud speaker, people just left their carts full of food in the aisles and left."
They have no respect.

It's thievery, pure and simple. Disgusting!

Oh wow, that's not cool.

I don't have food stamp, so when system is down so EBT should stopped working.

Anyway, those people who took advantage of it will get no food stamps for 1-3 months depending on their spending limit.

Good, and if they go hungry b4 three months is up I hope they starve.

If this is true, good. Do you have a link to that?

If this is true, good. Do you have a link to that?
No, however, for example, if you get SSI overpayment, they will stop paying you until it's paid off. No difference from food stamps that are handled by the government. In other words, if the dept finds that they overpay you, they suspend payments (= food stamps) for a while or you pay it back.

Geez hope those people stocked up on freeezer and canned foods as I'm sure they wont be able to get food for the next few months until the balance's paid off.

No, however, for example, if you get SSI overpayment, they will stop paying you until it's paid off. No difference from food stamps that are handled by the government. In other words, if the dept finds that they overpay you, they suspend payments (= food stamps) for a while or you pay it back.

Incorrect, SS will deduct up to 10% of SSI monthly if overpayment.

For food stamp, I'm not sure.

They probably don't withhold it all at once but spread it out over several months.

Incorrect, SS will deduct up to 10% of SSI monthly if overpayment.

For food stamp, I'm not sure.
My ex-brother-in-law stopped receiving SSDI for almost one year because of overpayment on his children's benefits.

How to repay an overpayment

We recover an overpayment by withholding your monthly Social Security check until the overpayment is paid back to us in full.

You are right.

Note: A Social Security overpayment can also be withheld from a Supplemental Security Income (SSI) underpayment due the beneficiary.

Well, it's everywhere, even in UK. Your queen is greedy. :lol:

you are quite right
icon7.gif

Back