ugh..pillows and weather causing implant pains.

I believe in the mall have "Sharper Images" or other technology store with bed. You can ask your mom to get one for you. Don't worry about how it's expensive. It's worth to help your neck and head get comfort and prevent from pain. Like vallee said the same. Trust me.

There is cheap versions here in UK. around 5 to 15 pounds depending on the shop.

There is cheap versions here in UK. around 5 to 15 pounds depending on the shop.
thats intresting...wow 5-15 pounds. But unfortuanly i don't live in the UK, I live in the US. I live in Ohio.

I believe in the mall have "Sharper Images" or other technology store with bed. You can ask your mom to get one for you. Don't worry about how it's expensive. It's worth to help your neck and head get comfort and prevent from pain. Like vallee said the same. Trust me.

Can you attach a picture of the specific pillow you're referring to? I think the dayton mall do have a store called Sharper Images. I have been there before I think, but it has been awhile since i been to Sharper Images. I hope they still do have it there.

Ouch! :(

Hope, You will find a way to feeling better with new pillow and weather too!

I've found that the really fat fluffy "firm" pillows are the best...I got mine from Walmart for $3.50 each and they have not failed me. I feel much better with the new pillows than the old ones that I've had since high school...threw the old ones into the closet, they're for visitors now! And, "Firm" pillows doesn't mean they're hard, just that they have MORE stuff in the pillow, making it so much softer. The pillows that are called "soft" aren't really good....you use it, they just go flat and ends up feeling hard...no support at all. Firm pillows gives your head and neck more support while remaining to feel soft. I suggest that you try them!

Oh, and I have a Nucleus Freedom, implanted October 11th, 2006! I haven't really had any pain issues with my implant at all. I was even up and around and at a DAW festival three days after my surgery! Don't believe me? I have a photo from the festival with the bandages still on my head! :p And I didn't get any flack from anyone about my implant, either, which was a real surprise for me - I was bracing for the usual insults that I would normally experience If I had still been living back home in Wisconsin (I live in Texas now) but there were no insults from anyone. :D

Don't get too addicted to pain-killers though - you can end up having to take them every day. Try something paracetomol based, as this is less likely to give you stomache ache than ibuprofen. what has your surgeon said?

Tylenol is useless.

As long as you have food in your stomach when you take ibuprofen it is fine to take ibuprofen.

Or you could try sleeping on the non-implanted side if that is much better. But I don't think it is the implant that is causing the pain but rather the posture your head and neck are in when you are sleeping, hence my encouraging the super fluffy fat pillows that are "firm" - they give your neck more support.

Back