ugh..pillows and weather causing implant pains.

coolgirlspyer90

Reaction score
So far since the weather is changing into summer or of pollution, my implant is killing me. from the inside of my head and from around my neck area of the side where i have my implant.
Pillows are sometimes hurting my implant, causing it to be uncomfortable. I try to find the softest pillow possible to avoid pains.

What kind of medicane do you use to relieve implant pains..? OH sometimes my implant pains causes me to have a headache...ugh..

If any of the pains are around the magnet area you might want to loosen the magnet a little or try a weaker magnet. How long have you had your implant? I took me about 6 months before I could sleep on my implant side.

So far since the weather is changing into summer or of pollution, my implant is killing me. from the inside of my head and from around my neck area of the side where i have my implant.
Pillows are sometimes hurting my implant, causing it to be uncomfortable. I try to find the softest pillow possible to avoid pains.

What kind of medicane do you use to relieve implant pains..? OH sometimes my implant pains causes me to have a headache...ugh..

I take pamelor/nortriptyline (prescribed by surgeon) for implant pain (I have sensitive skin and I'm also migraine sufferer so that why I got it sometime) it work if you keep taking it daily before bed and only 1 downfall is if you missed 1 you'll wake up with migraine lol at least that's good excuse to motivate me into taking it every night

Wow.... I haven't experinced these yet! Roll on 16th July i have been implanted for ONE year!!! No problems so far, touches wood.

I do hope you feel better soon.

My head with implant get heal and not bother me anymore. I can sleep as normal. You have to buy a new soft pillow to support your neck as well. You can take any pain medicine like Tylenol, Aleve, and Advil. This is help you to relieve the pain and headache. You might have migraine. I haven't get migraine for long times since in 2004. It was rarely.

I hope you get well soon.

well right now my mom and dad is giving me pain medicine called Ibuprofen. I take 2 pills from that.

I have a pillow thats squishy and soft. Kinda like the tootsie roll squishy pillow but its a smaller pillow but its a orange background with pink Hawaii flowers on it. My neck from the side where my implant is (my implant is on the left side) is sore.

I have had my implant for about 8 years. I was probably about 8 or 9 years old when i got my implant. Sometimes I can't go to sleep because of my implant hurting me inside. Sometimes i call it a implant-ache that leads towards a headache haha. but right now i dont have any headache. just an implant-ache with a sore neck on my left side. Whenever i feel like my neck is sore at the same time with my implant, i feel like rubbing my neck alot to soothe the pain but sometimes that help and sometimes it doesnt.

Perhaps an Osteopath is a worth a visit. I had neck pains for weeks on my implanted side I thought it was unrelated to Implant but Osteopath said it could be since i am hearing alot more I used all the muscles on one side to turn/lean to hear things also the processor is heavy. I went on 7th July, Man i was so sore afterwards but i am alot better now, I am due for another treatment on 21st and that should be last one.

I know you are in the band so what intrument are you using and do you use alot of weight on one side??

Perhaps an Osteopath is a worth a visit. I had neck pains for weeks on my implanted side I thought it was unrelated to Implant but Osteopath said it could be since i am hearing alot more I used all the muscles on one side to turn/lean to hear things also the processor is heavy. I went on 7th July, Man i was so sore afterwards but i am alot better now, I am due for another treatment on 21st and that should be last one.

I know you are in the band so what intrument are you using and do you use alot of weight on one side??

I play marimba. Which is a long board that has wooden keys. it looks like this: View attachment 13997

I play that in the band. We move the marimbas and viberaphones alot on the field and moving them alot around in the parking lot for a warmup or moving the boards from the inside of the school all the way over to the football field where we rehearse outside either all day (if its a band camp) or for 2 and a half hours (which is usually after school) (we call them boards instead of marimbas or viberaphones), and sometimes we have to look down on the marimba to make sure we are playing the right notes. I get alot of knots in my back from playing percussion alot, and sometimes in my implant area of my neck.

we also usualy have to carry the marimbas and viberaphones off of our band truck. because we have to keep in shape. but thats for the band camp. I have to do that part again and sometimes it hurts my neck of my implant area. The marimbas weight about 220 and the viberaphones weight alot less. probably about 210.

But mostly i think my neck is sore from playing percussion. from my implant area

Wow, thats alot of weight, I do carry alot of weight on daily bias for my job, I race boats and we sort sails out ourselves and they are pretty much very heavy. I would recommend osteopath to get your muscles loosen up and you will feel alot better for it... But thats your choice. Good luck and hope you feel better soon.

Wow, thats alot of weight, I do carry alot of weight on daily bias for my job, I race boats and we sort sails out ourselves and they are pretty much very heavy. I would recommend osteopath to get your muscles loosen up and you will feel alot better for it... But thats your choice. Good luck and hope you feel better soon.

Thanks, my dad probably will want me to keep taking Ibuprofen for my implant pain relive. I usually rub my neck to relieve the pain too. But thanks for recommending osteopath for me

since I am bilateral, I had to find a way around the implant pain. My mom gave me a contour pillow Amazon.com: contour pillow this is like the one I have. Ever since I started using the pillow, I have not had an issues.

since I am bilateral, I had to find a way around the implant pain. My mom gave me a contour pillow Amazon.com: contour pillow this is like the one I have. Ever since I started using the pillow, I have not had an issues.

I have one. It's helping me a lot. Thank you for post with link. This is help for coolgirl's head and neck.

I have one. It's helping me a lot. Thank you for post with link. This is help for coolgirl's head and neck.

I checked out the link, it seems so expensive. IS there a store that my parents can go to and buy that specific kind of pillow? (we live near the dayton area of ohio.. its about 45 or a half hour away from dayton)

right now my implant is killing me. My neck area is too. and my implant is giving me a headache right now..ughh..i'm not going to be able to sleep,.

I'm really sorry to hear about the pain you are going through because of your CI. I hope you have a way of fixing it. I had pain with HA due to recruitment but I no longer wear them any more.

Do you sleep with your processor on? If yes, you could try removing it. Otherwise I'm not sure what else to suggest.

I'm really sorry to hear about the pain you are going through because of your CI. I hope you have a way of fixing it. I had pain with HA due to recruitment but I no longer wear them any more.

Do you sleep with your processor on? If yes, you could try removing it. Otherwise I'm not sure what else to suggest.

No i do not sleep with my processor on. I always take them off at night when i go to bed or when i'm going swimming or whatever.

My dad gave me some medicane for my implant this morning. It seems to feel better but it hurts a little bit. My neck is what is bothering me right now. I laid in my bed for a hour, not feeling so well, when my mom and my dad woke me up.

Don't get too addicted to pain-killers though - you can end up having to take them every day. Try something paracetomol based, as this is less likely to give you stomache ache than ibuprofen. what has your surgeon said?

I checked out the link, it seems so expensive. IS there a store that my parents can go to and buy that specific kind of pillow? (we live near the dayton area of ohio.. its about 45 or a half hour away from dayton)

right now my implant is killing me. My neck area is too. and my implant is giving me a headache right now..ughh..i'm not going to be able to sleep,.

I believe in the mall have "Sharper Images" or other technology store with bed. You can ask your mom to get one for you. Don't worry about how it's expensive. It's worth to help your neck and head get comfort and prevent from pain. Like vallee said the same. Trust me.

Back