ugh, deaf drama...

coolgirlspyer90

Reaction score
okay, so it started with this one girl whose deaf, and apparently she hates my guts. I'm friends with 2 deaf guys who i known since i was in elementary school. She apparently thinks i'm a bully to them or that she thinks i've been playing with their heart when i haven't even done anything. I've been so busy with marching band and winter indoor drumline i haven't even had the time to catch up with my old friends whom i've been friends with for so long. and everytime my real deaf friends tell them that i've been busy with band,etc she doesn't believe that i am in the centerville jazz band or centerville indoor winter drumline.

So, a girl who is also friends with her are also "best friends" and they're like a team apparently to tear me apart. She's also deaf. She keeps telling me all these things about this girl is doing behind my back. She recently told me that she's been copying my pictures off of facebook and photoshopping it into saying mean things about me before i deleted her and blocked her on facebook. That was over the line for me. Then this monday, she came to our basketball game at my high school and became very...offended by my being. I mean I had practice that evening so i couldn't watch the game. She's basically ruining my reputation in the deaf world. I have never been mean to her. My mom thinks the main reason why shes acting like that is because she's jealous of me. I don't know. They tell me that if she sees me again shes going to mess me up. ugh. how did my life become so complicated?

I don't really think it have to do with deafness. It have to do with their lousy attitudes...

I'm sorry that you'd through that situation... :(

Your options:

1) Put restraining order on them

2) Beat them up

3) Give them a taste of their own medicine

4) live and suffer through it and once you're done with whatever school you're in, get out and never return.

If you feel threatened, report it. Bullying is not to be tolerated.

Get a restraining order on them, that way they won't be able to attend your school anymore and their lives will go down the drain. Kill two birds with one stone :)

First - it's not a deaf thing.

Second - it feels like a deaf thing because they can communicate with you, but not others.

Third - it is a bullying situation, report this to the superiors

Fourth - Block them from facebook - use the privacy settings.

Fifth - They're not even nicking your reputation in the deaf world. I dont even know you, and what they do will not even affect me one bit at all. Once you get out of school, things will be much much different. You will have different friends, no questions about it.

Second - it feels like a deaf thing because they can communicate with you, but not others.

Third - it is a bullying situation, report this to the superior
Yes, thank you PFH. This isn't deaf drama....it's rather teen drama. And yes, I would report this...maybe have your mom talk to the other girl's mom.

Third - it is a bullying situation, report this to the superiors

Fourth - Block them from facebook - use the privacy settings.

Fifth - They're not even nicking your reputation in the deaf world. I dont even know you, and what they do will not even affect me one bit at all. Once you get out of school, things will be much much different. You will have different friends, no questions about it.

I have blocked her off of facebook since november. And lately she's been trying to change my deaf friends minds about not being my friend anymore since i'm like the "bad one". I'm not an adult yet. I'm still a minor. She lives in huber heights and i live pretty far away from her. (we live in the same state though) The basketball situation, my other good friend who went with her told me that they are basketball managers. so they go to every basketball game to give water and whatever else they do to the basketball members. and I have talked to my mom about this, she basically told me the same thing like you guys did EXCEPT the restraining order thing. I don't really think its necessary.

All i can tell you that she hated me since day 1. And yeah i guess its teen drama, but the thing is shes in college, shes like much, much older than me. Shes about 22 years old. And i think its immature for a college student to be like all "ooh i'm better than you because i'm in college and you're in high school". Honestly? i mean i think she should just grow up a tiny bit. Shes 22. and i'm 17. i'll be 18 in august. yeah i'm a little afraid of her but i'm not telling her that i'm afraid of her. All of my deaf friends who support me has been trying to tell her that i'm very busy with school, band, lessons, etc and they say that she doesn't believe me because i'm a "liar" apparently. ugh..i have no idea what to do.

Like everyone said, it is not a Deaf thing.

Every culture has its own cultural mish-mash.

It's just unfortunate you had to be a target of two very immature people.

Everyone here gave you excellent feedback and I hope you take them to heart.

Remember again, it is not a Deaf thing.

I wonder if some deaf people are so involved in the Deaf world that they don't realize what exactly is a "Deaf thing". Not to say that it's a Deaf thing in this specific case (in the OP). However, I DO notice some consistent social differences in the deaf culture and the hearing world. I wonder if other deaf people who are also heavily involved in the hearing world also realize this. Or it's just a figment of my imagination?

I wonder if some deaf people are so involved in the Deaf world that they don't realize what exactly is a "Deaf thing". Not to say that it's a Deaf thing in this specific case (in the OP). However, I DO notice some consistent social differences in the deaf culture and the hearing world. I wonder if other deaf people who are also heavily involved in the hearing world also realize this. Or it's just a figment of my imagination?

Curious - are you applying that to this thread?

I ask because bullying is a widely known phenomenon across the nation - and the ones in the news are hearing.

Bullying to me is an equal opportunity across culture thing. Not saying that I condone it.

but yes, there are differences in social norms across cultures. Not just the deaf/hearing. Go to Japan and enjoy their personal space rules. :shock:

Curious - are you applying that to this thread?

I ask because bullying is a widely known phenomenon across the nation - and the ones in the news are hearing.

Bullying to me is an equal opportunity across culture thing. Not saying that I condone it.

but yes, there are differences in social norms across cultures. Not just the deaf/hearing. Go to Japan and enjoy their personal space rules. :shock:

Nope. Like I said, not in this specific case. However, people are quick to dismiss the statement "It's a Deaf thing." in ALL threads that imply that. Yes you are correct that there is a difference in social norms across cultures, but the example you stated is from different REGIONS. Deaf people who live in America still can have different social norms from hearing Americans who live in the same region.

An argument can be said that even within America, people have different cultures, but that's still regional, just microscopic region -> Their own family. A deaf child can still have different social norms from his/her parents due to Deaf community.

If it is true, I just find it fascinating.

Last edited:
your story sort of reminds me of my sister. She's hearing. Long time ago, my sister ended up fought with other chica right there in front of my home. I don't know why the chica came into our street. The chica threw the gums into my sister's hair and her girlfriend. What a memory. eh.

Back