U.S. troops killed and wounded amid Afghan protests over Koran burning

Status
Not open for further replies.
As expected - you changed your question.

Yes, I have travelled abroad and do not see why that is relevant? Unless of course, it is a loaded question.

I don't answer loaded questions.

where? only Germany?

ohhhhh....so killing innocent civilians is how you deal with terrorists? I see.

One would think by your post that Israel didn't fire a single bullet. They are just innocent helpless little victims with puppy dog eyes.

pft.

No, killing innocent civilians is the tactic terrorists use.

Unless of course you believe the victims in intentional terrosits attacks were all guilty.

Those victims happen to be the residents of NYC on 9/11/01 as well as numerous others.

No, killing innocent civilians is the tactic terrorists use.

Unless of course you believe the victims in intentional terrosits attacks were all guilty.

Those victims happen to be the residents of NYC on 9/11/01 as well as numerous others.

you think the US didn't kill a single innocent civilian in either iraq or afghanistan? or that not a single innocent civilian suffered as a consequence of war launched by the US in those countries?

To get back on topic - there's a reason there's such strong anti-US sentiments in the Mid-East. It didnt just materialize out of nowhere. That might explain the fury of Americans burning the Koran which was perceived as insulting their culture and religion, not exactly helping the peace mission, is it? and I'm quite frankly surprised that Americans went ahead and burned the Koran in Afghanistan of all places. That was incredibly stupid.

you think the US didn't kill a single innocent civilian in either iraq or afghanistan? or that not a single innocent civilian suffered as a consequence of war launched by the US in those countries?

To get back on topic - there's a reason there's such strong anti-US sentiments in the Mid-East. It didnt just materialize out of nowhere. That might explain the fury of Americans burning the Koran which was perceived as insulting their culture and religion, not exactly helping the peace mission, is it? and I'm quite frankly surprised that Americans went ahead and burned the Koran in Afghanistan of all places. That was incredibly stupid.

It's pretty bad if General John Allen had to visit the troops and order them to calm down.

It's pretty bad if General John Allen had to visit the troops and order them to calm down.

yea.... a 4-stars general... can you believe that?

The fact of the matter is, the USA is the world's biggest terrorist, and it is a shame people refuse to acknowledge it.

You don't see Americans killing people when our flag and Bibles are burned do you????:cool2:

You know damn well that America is nothing like Afghan. We're not dealing with Americans we're dealing terrorists who will use any reasons to kill Americans! We should be more careful when in a country that hate us unless we want more Americans to be killed! You have your head in your ass with that statement!

You know damn well that America is nothing like Afghan. We're not dealing with Americans we're dealing terrorists who will use any reasons to kill Americans! We should be more careful when in a country that hate us unless we want more Americans to be killed! You have your head in your ass with that statement!

He was not trying to say we shouldn't be careful. He was pointing out how ludicrous it is to apologize for unintentional mistakes to people who cannot be reasoned with.

You know damn well that America is nothing like Afghan. We're not dealing with Americans we're dealing terrorists who will use any reasons to kill Americans!

Umm, yeah......that's kind of his point.

He was not trying to say we shouldn't be careful. He was pointing out how ludicrous it is to apologize for unintentional mistakes to people who cannot be reasoned with.

????

I have a problem with 2 things in this post:

1) "ludicrous it is to apologize for unintentional mistakes to people"
Huh? If I bump into someone unintentionally, I shouldn't say I'm sorry?

2) "how ludicrous it is to apologize for unintentional mistakes to people who cannot be reasoned with"

People who would be offended by this burning of Quran would be mostly Muslims. (Just like how burning of the Bible would offend Christians, etc.). Are you implying that all Muslims cannot be reasoned with?

I need to add: I understand the whole "Cannot reason with the Taliban/extremists" theory and I agree, but unfortunately, people blur the line between extremists and Muslims in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back