U.S. troops killed and wounded amid Afghan protests over Koran burning

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is not hard to understand.

1. we have no business in FUNDING an uprisal. how is it out problem?
2. we have no business in getting involved in any civil war. how is it our problem?
3. we should only intervene for humanitarian crisis. this is everybody's problem. that's why we have UN for that.

I am talking about intervening for humanitarian reasons. And sometimes such interventions does involve supporting the local people in overthrowing tyrannical leaders and this does involve financing and employing force otherwise intervention is impossible.

No one should be executed for converting to any religion.

No one should be threatened, coerced, or forced to convert to any religion.

If there are any countries today who execute people for converting from Christianity, that is just as wrong as any countries today who execute people for converting to Christianity. Religious conversion shouldn't be a government sanctioned death sentence.

Well, I most certainly feel that fathers have a crucial role in children's lives, and a lot of fathers are not doing their jobs. However, there has been a paradigm shift over the past few years in regards to the number of single moms now being super-imposed by single dads. I do not know what has caused it .. but it is my personal opinion that a child needs both, mom and dad. I know I did (and my brother and sisters). I believe that may be the crux of the debate but the point is getting lost when one attacks the spiritual beliefs of the messengers instead of the message.

As for the Catholics refusing to accept the recent Obama regulation mandating that they provide contraceptives to their employees .... which I **think** you are talking about ... that is government interference in one's right to practice their religious beliefs without government interference. Obama realized he made a mistake and recanted that regulation. There also have been Supreme Court rulings which strictly prohibit what Obama attempted to do.

Nobody is being forced to be a Catholic. No one is being executed for refusing to convert to Catholicism. There are no government fines imposed for not being a Catholic. If one does not agree with the theology and doctrine of Catholicism, they do not have to work or be an employee of any Catholic organization.

You didn't answer my question. lol.

If there are any countries today who execute people for converting from Christianity, that is just as wrong as any countries today who execute people for converting to Christianity. Religious conversion shouldn't be a government sanctioned death sentence.

So the Christian thing to do is to bomb them? :lol:

Well, I most certainly feel that fathers have a crucial role in children's lives, and a lot of fathers are not doing their jobs. However, there has been a paradigm shift over the past few years in regards to the number of single moms now being super-imposed by single dads. I do not know what has caused it .. but it is my personal opinion that a child needs both, mom and dad. I know I did (and my brother and sisters). I believe that may be the crux of the debate but the point is getting lost when one attacks the spiritual beliefs of the messengers instead of the message.

As for the Catholics refusing to accept the recent Obama regulation mandating that they provide contraceptives to their employees .... which I **think** you are talking about ... that is government interference in one's right to practice their religious beliefs without government interference. Obama realized he made a mistake and recanted that regulation. There also have been Supreme Court rulings which strictly prohibit what Obama attempted to do.

Nobody is being forced to be a Catholic. No one is being executed for refusing to convert to Catholicism. There are no government fines imposed for not being a Catholic. If one does not agree with the theology and doctrine of Catholicism, they do not have to work or be an employee of any Catholic organization.
Umm, I think that topic was covered in another thread.

Yeah, so some Muslims kill each other like animals for converting to different religions? Big fucking deal. Christians did the same thing 500 years ago. Considering that Islam is about 500 years younger than Christianity, give it another half a millenium and we might see it approach the same level of peacefulness (used relatively) that Christianity has.

The only things that all these newspaper posts prove to me is that the great man's words quoted in my signature are more true now than ever.

where did you opine about the fact there's a not a single woman on the birth control mandate panel?

You had asked why a religious group was trying to force their views on others using political power.

I explained that it didn't happen that way. Obama tried to use political power to infringe on the religious rights of others.

But as Reba pointed out, this was covered in another thread.

You had asked why a religious group was trying to force their views on others using political power.

I explained that it didn't happen that way. Obama tried to use political power to infringe on the religious rights of others.

still not answering my question. I specifically asked what you think of the fact no women are on the birth control mandate panel. This is now the third time I'm asking and you're still not answering.

p.s. I'm curious, have you travelled abroad, like to Europe? Africa? Mid-East? South America? Asia?

lol. who bombed afghanistan and iraq?

lol. Who is bombing Israel in the name of Allah? Who bombed the WTC in the name of Allah? Who bombed the train in Madrid in the name of Allah? Who bombed the NATO building in Baghdad in the name of Allah? .... ad infinitum.

It certainly is not "christians" bombing Afghanistan and Iraq in the name of God. It is the U.S. Government and supporting forces with the intention to root out terrosists who bomb in the name of Allah.

what's Reba pointing out is that... you are :topic:

I am talking about intervening for humanitarian reasons. And sometimes such interventions does involve supporting the local people in overthrowing tyrannical leaders and this does involve financing and employing force otherwise intervention is impossible.

no. it doesn't work like that.

it ain't a humanitarian mission if you're funding and employing armed force to overthrow a government. like I said - we have no business in such manner. It's UN problem.

still not answering my question. I specifically asked what you think of the fact no women are on the birth control mandate panel. This is now the third time I'm asking and you're still not answering.

p.s. I'm curious, have you travelled abroad, like to Europe? Africa? Mid-East? South America? Asia?

As expected - you changed your question.

Yes, I have travelled abroad and do not see why that is relevant? Unless of course, it is a loaded question.

I don't answer loaded questions.

lol. who bombed afghanistan and iraq?

US,UK,Australia,Romania, El Salvador, Estonia,Bulgaria,Moldova,Albania,Ukraine,Denmark, Czech Republic,Japan,South Korea,Tonga,Azerbaijan,Singapore,Bosnia,Macedonia,Latvia,Poland,Kazakstan,Armenia,Mongolia,Georgia..........

so far.... you haven't shown me any news of government-sanctioned execution.

lol. Who is bombing Israel in the name of Allah? Who bombed the WTC in the name of Allah? Who bombed the train in Madrid in the name of Allah? Who bombed the NATO building in Baghdad in the name of Allah? .... ad infinitum.

It certainly is not "christians" bombing Afghanistan and Iraq in the name of God. It is the U.S. Government and supporting forces with the intention to root out terrosists who bomb in the name of Allah.

ohhhhh....so killing innocent civilians is how you deal with terrorists? I see. Basically the US is doing the exact same thing as terrorists if they are using the same tactics - bombing and killing innocent people.

One would think by your post that Israel didn't fire a single bullet. They are just innocent helpless little victims with puppy dog eyes.

pft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back