U.S. troops killed and wounded amid Afghan protests over Koran burning

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought you were one of those that said America wasn't a Christian nation???

Can't have it both ways now can we?

Why are you going say like that?

America isn't Christian nation and we don't have official or state religion in our country.

So can we just get rid of the political room already? Or, as I like to refer to it, "Christian conservative martyrs room."

There are bad people in all religions, as well as bad agnostics, atheist, etc. Because a group aligns themselves with a religion, does not mean that particular religion endorses what they are doing, despite the rhetoric used.

The reason we see coverage of Americans killed is because this is America, and our press makes sure we see it.

I find it amazing that there are a number of religious discussions occuring here in several threads, and they are allowed to continue. I don't even bother to post anything based on my beliefs any more, because I don't really think anyone listens to this stuff. Everyone just hollers.

So can we just get rid of the political room already? Or, as I like to refer to it, "Christian conservative martyrs room."

Or the "bash the religious fanatics room." It depends on which side you sit. I have no time for me these days to defend my views on this, or any other topics. I simply am tired of it all.

Or the "bash the religious fanatics room." It depends on which side you sit. I have no time for me these days to defend my views on this, or any other topics. I simply am tired of it all.

Quite frankly, I think it's the other way around. I see religion being injected into each and every thread, either overtly or thinly veiled, when it ought not to be (admittedly, this is sometimes done by the non-religious side. I don't claim innocence here), and if it's not injected, then it's a thread started to incite religious tensions, as in the case of posts related to Islam (these threads are almost always started by the fundamental religious consensus here on AD).

This room just needs to die.

Of course, if it does, we'll just have to settle for posts about what we ate for dinner and how many times hearing people pissed us off today. Boooorrrriinnniinnnggg. :)

Quite frankly, I think it's the other way around. I see religion being injected into each and every thread, either overtly or thinly veiled, when it ought not to be (admittedly, this is sometimes done by the non-religious side. I don't claim innocence here), and if it's not injected, then it's a thread started to incite religious tensions, as in the case of posts related to Islam (these threads are almost always started by the fundamental religious consensus here on AD).

This room just needs to die.

Of course, if it does, we'll just have to settle for posts about what we ate for dinner and how many times hearing people pissed us off today. Boooorrrriinnniinnnggg. :)

I disagree. I think dialog is good and people have been civil about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back