Two HoH/Deaf people having children

Thank you for that. It was just speculation. I'm only 31 and still have too many toys to play with and fun things to do, so I'm not old enough yet ;). It did however hurt that people would be so frowny over it.

Whoever the hell says Deaf people that should not have children, huh?

I think we work so hard warning teenagers about pregnancy that we give them a false impression, and so they put of having children for decades, thinking they can just produce a baby the moment they decide they are ready. A lot of very surprised 40 year olds are finding that they already chose not to have children by waiting so long. They just did not know it.

School loans are another problem. We counsel our kids to avoid debt like the plague.

As the matter of fact from source, there's booming percent of over 45 years old women having babies within 20 years period.

As the matter of fact from source, there's booming percent of over 45 years old women having babies within 20 years period.

True, but quite often with a lot of fertility assistance. It would be a serious mistake to think it's all that easy naturally at that age. Not impossible, of course, but realistically, not something you could count on without being prepared for intervention methods.

True, but quite often with a lot of fertility assistance. It would be a serious mistake to think it's all that easy naturally at that age. Not impossible, of course, but realistically, not something you could count on without being prepared for intervention methods.

In my many family generations, over 45 (several of them up to 57 years old) years old became late mothers...it runs in my family. No one came out to be a problematic..meaning every one else was healthy as well. Well,there is numbers of younger mothers (between 18 and 36) have difficult births of their babies due to many different kind of disabilities including Down's Syndrome as if they have never done on drugs or alcohol during pregnancy.

In my many family generations, over 45 (several of them up to 56 years old) years old became late mothers...it runs in my family.

There are always exceptions, Problem comes when people assume that they will be the exceptions. Fertility really does go drastically down after thirty for women. Fewer and fewer of those 'exceptions' are possible without thousands of dollars in fertility treatments and often much heartache.

It's not that I think everybody shood have a baby in her twenties. It's just that women have been given bad information and are making decisions based on faulty information.

No one came out to be a problematic..meaning every one else was healthy as well. Well,there is numbers of younger mothers (between 18 and 36) have difficult births of their babies due to many different kind of disabilities including Down's Syndrome as if they have never done on drugs or alcohol during pregnancy.

Down's syndrome is more often associated with older mothers having babies, not younger moms. I am not aware of an association of Down Syndrome with drugs or alcohol.

There are always exceptions, Problem comes when people assume that they will be the exceptions. Fertility really does go drastically down after thirty for women. Fewer and fewer of those 'exceptions' are possible without thousands of dollars in fertility treatments and often much heartache.

It's not that I think everybody shood have a baby in her twenties. It's just that women have been given bad information and are making decisions based on faulty information.

Down's syndrome is more often associated with older mothers having babies, not younger moms. I am not aware of an association of Down Syndrome with drugs or alcohol.

Yes, consuming an alcohol can be likely a chance to harm a fetus that causes Down's Syndrome, CP, brain damage, lower IQ and the like. Consuming the prescription meds there is some mercury in them...it's worse to harm the fetus. I think you read the bible? Did you know that there was many women during the biblicial times, were much older years of age bearing children?

These days, the highest rate of Down Syndrome births is in mothers aged 30 - 35. Why? Because amniocentesis testing is now almost routine for mothers over 35, and those mothers will nearly always abort a fetus with Down's. Younger women who are not tested are now more likely than the older group to unknowingly carry such a pregnancy to term.

Yes, consuming an alcohol can be likely a chance to harm a fetus that causes Down's Syndrome, CP, brain damage, lower IQ and the like. Consuming the prescription meds there is some mercury in them...it's worse to harm the fetus. I think you read the bible? Did you know that there was many women during the biblicial times, were much older years of age bearing children?

Consuming alcohol causes fetal alcohol syndrome, which is a different form of brain damage. It's not Down Syndrome. Down Syndrome is caused by an extra chromosome.

Updated to add: consuming too much alcohol CAN cause fetal alcohol syndrome. Not always. But enough times that women should be careful. Just like waiting too long to have children does make it more likely that you won't be able to have them at all, or at least not without thousands of dollars in care. Not always, but enough times that women should know that the possibilities of infertility are greater the longer they wait.

Consuming alcohol causes fetal alcohol syndrome, which is a different form of brain damange. It's not Down Syndrome. Down Syndrome is caused by an extra chromosome.

You're right. Pregnant mothers fall down the stairs, physically abused, a kind of accident can cause the result of brain damage in baby's. My friend was born with little brain damage because his father pushed his pregnant mother down the stairs.

Back