Twinkies is going out of business !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Better get some skills then.

You still don't get it. Someone will still have to make your Twinkies for $10 an hour (your plan) and push carts at Walmart, etc. We are not talking about one person, but perhaps 100,000,000. Where do they ALL find a way out?

Try Africa, South America, Mexico, or maybe China? Their average earning is far far far less than those who makes by flipping hamburgers in America. It is FACT.

There are many many people in third world that have no income, no safety net no nothing and they are pretty much on their own.

China is it. Almost everything is made there now, and if you think the shipping costs are similar between Mexico to USA and China to USA, I got news for you. Imagine how cheap the Chinese labor force is to justify bypassing Mexico, right next door.

Try Africa, South America, Mexico, or maybe China? Their average earning is far far far less than those who makes by flipping hamburgers in America. It is FACT.

There are many many people in third world that have no income, no safety net no nothing and they are pretty much on their own.

because they are developing countries.

US is developed country like Europe and Canada so we have better labor rights, since developing countries don't.

Saw this elsewhere. Most likely distorted, but fun to see the reactions...

120i829.jpg

Exactly, in Executive eyes, it is cheaper in China than in Mexico and even alot cheaper than here. Executive's fault?

China is it. Almost everything is made there now, and if you think the shipping costs are similar between Mexico to USA and China to USA, I got news for you. Imagine how cheap the Chinese labor force is to justify bypassing Mexico, right next door.

You still don't get it. Someone will still have to make your Twinkies for $10 an hour (your plan) and push carts at Walmart, etc. We are not talking about one person, but perhaps 100,000,000. Where do they ALL find a way out?

I do get it. Supply and demand.... if there are less people available for unskilled labor demand will rise as will the wage.

Yes, that is what is happening. Did you know that there are plenty of jobs that pay well but no one wants it. Perfect example, garbage collectors, they get the best pay and benefits. It is because company having hard time finding one that is willing to deal with smell and shyts.

I do get it. Supply and demand.... if there are less people available for unskilled labor demand will rise as will the wage.

If Hostess is still unprofitable after cut all wage to minimum wage, lay off and remove all benefits, so what happen?

You can't blame on workers if they get wage cut to minimum wage and zero benefits.

Has that happened yet?

Those who are working and still working will get better job faster than those who are out of work and looking for more than ten dollars an hour job.

I do have a lot of work experience. ;)

Those who are working and still working will get better job faster than those who are out of work and looking for more than ten dollars an hour job.

My occupation is limited due to multi-disabilities (not deafness) and most jobs that I look, require to have a college degree, so I will have internship too, prior to graduation.

Also, I receive a lot of support from VR too.

Repeat after me..."we will just ship the work to China. They will work for nearly nothing, without any rules to govern our company. There are probably more than 800,000,000 people there that are at least 14 years old and capable of making our product. We will sit in our offshore office and count our money, unless we want to hire some Chinese to do it for us."

There is a save on the Hostess deal as the company and the union are returning to the negotiating table. But that's it, no promises.

There is a save on the Hostess deal as the company and the union are returning to the negotiating table. But that's it, no promises.

Welcome back to AD.

The news say most of them make up to $20 per hour, except for workers that worked for many years, especially seniority.

That's a lot of pay for a job like that. I'd say a job like that is worth $12/hr, at most.

Repeat after me..."we will just ship the work to China. They will work for nearly nothing, without any rules to govern our company. There are probably more than 800,000,000 people there that are at least 14 years old and capable of making our product. We will sit in our offshore office and count our money, unless we want to hire some Chinese to do it for us."

That will not hold true forever. As China's economy matures, their wages are increasing. This happens everywhere an economy matures. Eventually, China's wages will be on par with the rest of the developed world, and companies will not find a wage advantage in China.

Of course, they will likely move on to somewhere else (Africa, perhaps), and it will be China's turn to complain about outsourcing.

You're not deaf?

VR? So it's better to take state money that could go to teachers or firefighters than work for $10/hr. That seems strange to me.

did you miss the keyword "multi-disabilities"?

and the fund already allocated for VR cannot be re-allocated for teachers or firefighters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back