Trying to read lips with double vision..

Vorsia

Reaction score
:wave:Im deaf and my vision is starting to go really blurry and my double vision is also getting worse do to Myasthenia gravis.it makes my eyes at time unable to open with me trying to learn sign its really hard...SO im really thinking about Tactile signing.. i will try to use asl as much as i can things are getting very hard for me i havn't been on tired alot anyway.i have my young kids to keep me going i wont give up...is there anyone that might be using both or anyone they know use both ..to communicate . also when im tired from my mg speaking gets hard too..:deaf:

I don't know anyone personally but I did see one of those shows where they fix houses for families and the family had 2 deaf parents, a blind kid and a kid with both working and they spoke in a tactile asl.
This was a while ago though so I can't remember the show or episode much.

Sorry I'm not much help.

Never learned how to use tactile signing. But have seen it and I admire people who uses it.

Good luck with that.

Vorsia, I don't know anything about tactile signing -- sorry.

I was wondering if you are on any MVG forums? Perhaps there is something else you can do to lessen the symptoms?

Used to have a lot of attacks of Vertigo...could not see or hear anything. So I laid down for an hour or so. As for tactile signing, I'm no help here.....

Here's hoping some other members will have some good suggestions for you...it must be hard dealing with ur small children.

I do hope someone can tell me but for now i spell words in my hand when not feeling well anyway happy new years...

I do hope someone can tell me but for now i spell words in my hand when not feeling well anyway happy new years...

I know they do eyepatches and also lenses with prisms for the vision problems in myasthenia gravis.

Maybe that correction will be more practical than tactile sign.

I know they do eyepatches and also lenses with prisms for the vision problems in myasthenia gravis.

Maybe that correction will be more practical than tactile sign.
I have prisms and i have really bad blurry vision,also when i have Ptosis
my eyelids are impossible to see out of,the tactile sign was for when im really sick i do. get pretty bad with my breathing and walking . i go in for something called Ivig..its an off and on thing i have to use a white cane at times i get Nystagmus ...will see what happens..

I have prisms and i have really bad blurry vision,also when i have Ptosis
my eyelids are impossible to see out of,the tactile sign was for when im really sick i do. get pretty bad with my breathing and walking . i go in for something called Ivig..its an off and on thing i have to use a white cane at times i get Nystagmus ...will see what happens..

I am a white cane user also. It's not always easy.

Sorry

:wave:Im deaf and my vision is starting to go really blurry and my double vision is also getting worse do to Myasthenia gravis.it makes my eyes at time unable to open with me trying to learn sign its really hard...SO im really thinking about Tactile signing.. i will try to use asl as much as i can things are getting very hard for me i havn't been on tired alot anyway.i have my young kids to keep me going i wont give up...is there anyone that might be using both or anyone they know use both ..to communicate . also when im tired from my mg speaking gets hard too..:deaf:

Vorsia,
Im sorry your not doing well. When we talked on PM you sounded ok. You were worried about me???? Your so sweet. I wish i could help you somehow. If you need to talk you can still PM me, OK???

willing to try

I am new and am learning asl- would love to be your freind-if i can help you....:deaf:

Back