True or False?? About CI

Many deaf people are not helped by CI. If the auditory nerve has damage, or the cochlea is malformed are two of the reasons it won't work.

I wonder what the late deafened woman Granna said when I was sleeping.

At first I was curious too, but now I'm not, more like good riddance. She only has 2 posts, so her very first post was the one she deleted after all the "ridicule" she received, and how rude the group is. But there had only even been a handful of posts, and at that point only 2 posters, Katz and Phoenix. They weren't harsh!!! That's just ridiculous crybaby. Lame

But to keep it on topic, no it wouldn't work for everyone, I think that's fairly accepted, within deaf circles. I can't stress that enough, a hearing person would have no idea, and have no reason to have knowledge of it either. Personally I can't hold that against them.

This whole thread is a giant troll thread.

Original poster asks a question and presents their own answer, then jumps on someone who disagrees. A lot of users of this forum just like to get their jollies by coming into this section of alldeaf and posting anti-CI FUD.

It's pretty obvious there are contraindictions for getting a CI, numerous ones. But many people are eligible now and it is technology that more often than not, totally improves someone's life.

This whole thread is a giant troll thread.

Original poster asks a question and presents their own answer, then jumps on someone who disagrees. A lot of users of this forum just like to get their jollies by coming into this section of alldeaf and posting anti-CI FUD.

It's pretty obvious there are contraindictions for getting a CI, numerous ones. But many people are eligible now and it is technology that more often than not, totally improves someone's life.

Yeah, seems like Katz post was more suited to the annoying ignorant hearies section. WE know it won't work fir everyone, and that it's not like a magic wand and you'll have perfect hearing. But this is something that a hearie with no knowledge of CI might think, which can be annoying, and it annoyed the OP

HELL NO we won't go!!! OPPPS sorry wrong thread, my bad carry on!!! :laugh2:

people worrry cochlear implant about talk discuss. I can't tell discuss. It is very reason no sense true or false. huh. person worry cochlear implant worst. people want to accept to deaf/hoh. . I guess. lol. no sense. people sue to remove implant if suppose implant. it is risk cochlear implant. it is very high risk dangerous very not joking they knew cochlear implant true. They stipulated to AGB/ half of the support to cochlear implant. depend on half on the cochlear implant your own life! you can't blame me or us whom

True or False:

Are CI working on ALL of Deaf individuals?

I know it is not 100 percent fact that it works on all Deaf individuals. Sigh.

yes and no.

based on my observation and interaction with literally hundreds and hundreds of deafies from all over America, Canada, and France - CI works just fine for deafies who can sign and CI failed miserably for deafies who can't sign.

but I'm sure it works just fine for late-deaf. I think. I dunno.

Got too much experience of working with individual with success with CIs and with no success with CIs.

At first I was curious too, but now I'm not, more like good riddance. She only has 2 posts, so her very first post was the one she deleted after all the "ridicule" she received, and how rude the group is. But there had only even been a handful of posts, and at that point only 2 posters, Katz and Phoenix. They weren't harsh!!! That's just ridiculous crybaby. Lame

But to keep it on topic, no it wouldn't work for everyone, I think that's fairly accepted, within deaf circles. I can't stress that enough, a hearing person would have no idea, and have no reason to have knowledge of it either. Personally I can't hold that against them.

She came in here and answered the question that katz had asked basically telling her that she HAD to get the C.I. that EVERY deaf person NEEDS one and that basically you were inferior if you didn't get one. She talked down on Katz because she was unsure about it, so I stepped in and wrote what I did telling her it was unacceptable... because it was. Telling katz ( or any deaf person ) they're inferior or "broken" because they may not want a C.I. and aren't sure about it is absolutely unacceptable in my book. I didn't think my post was too harsh, I was simply standing up against someone I thought was preaching a C.I. down people's throats, that's all... Seriously, the way she worded it reminded me of the people that knock at your door at 6am to speak with you about Jesus. I'm all fine and good with Jesus and/or your beliefs, just don't go shove them down my throat and tell me I'm going to burn in hell for not getting a C.I. That's all. >.< She also said C.I.s work for everyone, and everyone needed to jump on with the C.I. That was the basic structure of her huge paragraph she wrote and then deleted. -_-

True or False:

Are CI working on ALL of Deaf individuals?

I know it is not 100 percent fact that it works on all Deaf individuals. Sigh.

One device can not correct every known hearing condition. Contrary to popular belief, most CI recipients are not doing it to hurt deaf culture. Getting a CI starts out as a personal desire to hear (adults only, children are a more complicated matter), even with varying results. Even then, it's like another HA. We are still deaf and ASL remains part of our lives.

Since my post is being ridiculed and offense to some people I am removing it. I won't be back to this group.

You think you know everything, but you don't. You lost your hearing at late age versus some of us lost our hearing at very young age.

You think ALLL of CI's are working for ALL of them. No. CI's are not for anyone period. Some are qualified for CIs and some others are not qualified for CIs for various reasons. Some mastered speaking skills, some don't.

Google is your best friend and do your frigging homework before posting your assuming posts. :roll:

You think you know everything, but you don't. You lost your hearing at late age versus some of us lost our hearing at very young age.

You think ALLL of CI's are working for ALL of them. No. CI's are not for anyone period. Some are qualified for CIs and some others are not qualified for CIs for various reasons. Some mastered speaking skills, some don't.

Google is your best friend and do your frigging homework before posting your assuming posts. :roll:

???

Not for me, I dont have a CI. She is entitled to her opinion.
So is the person who believes every deaf person should get a cochlear implant. Both views are wrong. Why did the first person get chased off the site and called a bigot, but the second isn't?

So is the person who believes every deaf person should get a cochlear implant. Both views are wrong. Why did the first person get chased off the site and called a bigot, but the second isn't?

were you referring to oddball's posts?

My response is for Granna. She thinks she knows everything, but she does not. She felt that this group is rude, but she turned first OP off in the first place. From what I understand, Granna lost her hearing later in her life. She thought CIs is beneficial to ALL Deaf people which is not true.

Idiot. You are really a Tod to be?

The statement meant, everyone can't use CI.

Not nobody.

Why not just shut up until you speak deaf?

Did you really mean to say for anyone? Or was that intended to say for everyone?

Back