Troy Davis put to death

Heartbreaking. There was enough uncertainty about this case to have warranted a stay, at the very least.

By coincidence, I just yesterday finished reading John Grisham's book, "The Confession," which chillingly parallels almost identically the Troy Davis case, although in fact it was based on an earlier case in Texas.

Heartbreaking. There was enough uncertainty about this case to have warranted a stay, at the very least.

By coincidence, I just yesterday finished reading John Grisham's book, "The Confession," which chillingly parallels almost identically the Troy Davis case, although in fact it was based on an earlier case in Texas.

I'm in agreement also....

Did you even read how many stays he DID GET?

So, rolling7, did you have your celebratory drink yet?:roll:

This case is a sad statement of the nature of our justice system and the inequities in the application of the death penalty. We should all be very ashamed.

I just don't like capital punishment. Too many documented cases of DNA exoneration here. Don't know about this Troy Davis situation, but if there's any chance he's innocent as he proclaimed yesterday before his execution .... sigh ....

I just don't like capital punishment. Too many documented cases of DNA exoneration here. Don't know about this Troy Davis situation, but if there's any chance he's innocent as he proclaimed yesterday before his execution .... sigh ....

He has been proclaiming his innocence for years. And there is evidence to support his claims. It is a black mark on America's claim to be a civilized society.

Really? Did you read/see on the news what happen in Texas a few hours BEFORE Davis was put to death? All your people (read: anti-death penalty) were JUMPING FOR JOY!!!!

I have a huge problem with "automatic capital punishment" for cop killers.

I'm reconsidering the Death penalty. I never was for Death sentences in the majority of murder cases - only in cases of extreme cruelty and the defendant was clearly guilty of those crimes.

This man should not have been sentenced to the death as the case was far from clear cut and there's considerable reason to doubt his guilt.

Really? Did you read/see on the news what happen in Texas a few hours BEFORE Davis was put to death? All your people (read: anti-death penalty) were JUMPING FOR JOY!!!!

And you see that as a good thing? Disgusting.:roll:

I'm reconsidering the Death penalty. I never was for Death sentences in the majority of murder cases - only in cases of extreme cruelty and the defendant was clearly guilty of those crimes.

This man should not have been sentenced to the death as the case was far from clear cut and there's considerable reason to doubt his guilt.

I've always thought of Georgia as backward state :dunno:

this is a very sad day.

I have no doubt that DOJ will hold people responsible for this injustice when the time comes.

Looks like Congress better review its Effective Death Penalty Act.

I do notice that no one other than Rolling 7 is saying a word about the man who was executed in Texas, for dragging a man to death.

Personally I have no problem with the death penalty being applied in that case. He was clearly guilty and it was a horrendous thing to do.

The Troy Davis case seemed much more ambiguous, especially since so many of the witnesses later recanted their testimony.

The victim's family wanted Mr. Davis to die. They all said he committed the crime. He was there at the crime scene,abvious. The reason Mr Davis said he didnt have a gun is just b/c the murder weapon was never found. Why didnt he say, I wasnt there?

The victim's family got what they wanted, some peace ,which is fine with me. Link to victim's mother's story.

Victim's Mother Talks About Troy Davis Execution

The victim's family wanted Mr. Davis to die. They all said he committed the crime. He was there at the crime scene,abvious. The reason Mr Davis said he didnt have a gun is just b/c the murder weapon was never found. Why didnt he say, I wasnt there?

The victim's family got what they wanted, some peace ,which is fine with me. Link to victim's mother's story.

it's fine with you if the innocent person was executed???

How do you think how would the victim's family feels if they found out that the person was innocent at later time?

I have a huge problem with "automatic capital punishment" for cop killers.

I agree being a cop should not mean their life has more value than other people. It give the wrong message to society , and I wonder if make abused men and women think they can get away with 'murder'.

So, executing a scapegoat is acceptable, even though he is an innocent man?

Back