Trip in America

techfreak

Reaction score
As an Indian guy (HOH) 26 , I wanted to visit United States in my lifetime and meet deaf/hoh peoples , So which is the best place to visit in US ? Apparently I did a research on the internet umm I chose Texas to be my bucketlist but I don’t know exactly where to visit Texas all myself as I feel like nervous to me lol but I would love to visit museums, beach’s , hiking and ride cycle on the highway... if there’s better place to visit other than Texas pls do give some suggestions for me it will be highly appreciated :)

Wait until about 2023-2024, and then ascertain the conditions in America before you go there. I won't set foot there myself until the next few years if I can help it myself.
That’s too much ,but I will wait until the virus disappeared

It's not that. It's the financial conditions and the rioting that's there. You haven't seen anything yet. Rent/mortgage moratorium is about to expire, and there's no telling how many people will go homeless next year. It may not be safe for that reason to go there.

It's not that. It's the financial conditions and the rioting that's there. You haven't seen anything yet. Rent/mortgage moratorium is about to expire, and there's no telling how many people will go homeless next year. It may not be safe for that reason to go there.
Omg I didn’t know that :eek2: , well tbh it makes me stay back where I’m now anyway thanks for the concern

But still Whoever read this post and have a suggestion to this please leave it here, it will be good in the future especially me and the foreigners here. ;)

Texas is a big state, so you will be required to drive a car around with GPS. You will need GPS, trust me. There are many places to check out, but it is impossible. It is big! I would wait for COVID storm to die out first and hopefully, vaccine will contribute to it. In major TX cities, You will have to wear a mask when you enter any place.

In DFW, stay away from toll freeways. You can't drive without a toll sticker or the camera will take a picture of your license. If you want to visit Dallas area, stay away from Oakhurst. It's not safe. DFW has its own railway called DART if you plan to go to Dallas downtown. DART is awesome to use. Go to Dart. org.

Sixth Floor Museum at Dealey Plaza
Dallas World Aquarium
Dallas Zoo
Fort Worth Zoo-- TOTALLY RECOMMENED.
The George W Bush Presidential Library and Museum
Dallas Museum of Art
Reunion Tower
Fort Worth Stockyards- they will let you ride a mechanical bull. Lots of fun. You can go to their website. They have schedules.
Kimball Art Museum- my favorite art museum
Six Flags at Arlington
AT&T Stadium- check their schedules for tours.

Since you're Indian, there is a Indian/Pakistani community in DFW, especially North Dallas. Lots of places like restaurants and markets. Try India Bazaar grocery. They're everywhere! You will see lots of East Asians, too. Most are from Nepal, Korea, Vietnam, etc. I miss going to Daiso Japan in North Dallas. DFW is extremely diverse. If you go to east Dallas, you will see some Muslims full of hajib.

In Houston, it's a crazy city with horrible infrastructure. Watch out for trucks. Stay away from toll freeways, too. It is about 4-5 hours drive from Dallas. 4 hours drive from San Antonio.

Houston Museum of Natural Science
Children's Museum- if you decided to be a kid, you can play there!
The Health Museum
ArtCar Museum
Houston Zoo
Museum of Fine Arts
Galveston
San Jacinto Battleground site

Austin.. Austin.. ha! Yes, It's full of weirdos pretend to rub on each other and protestors! Public/garage parking is expensive, so save some money if you must. Try Capitol Visitors Parking Garage. it's a bit affordable, but you will have to do lots of walking. You will notice the homeless people sleeping under the freeway bridge and areas. You will have fun watching protestors on Congress Ave all the way to the Capitol building. There are so many places to check along Congress Ave and the 6th street that I can't possibly list.

LDJ Presidential Library
UT at Austin
Bullock Texas State History Museum
Blanton Museum of Art
Capitol Building
Texas Governor's Manson
Congress Ave. Bridge
Bat Observation center is next to Congress Ave.
Crepe Crazy two locations by Deaf owners

San Antonio is all right. if you want to see the Alamo, go for it. Don't expect the Alamo to be big... Just warning. lol
Riverwalk
Historic Market Square- Mexican Shopping district
Witte Museum
San Antonio Zoo
San Antonio museum of art
Bracken Cave Preserve
Cascade Caverns
Cave without a name
Natural Bridge Caverns

Texas is a big state, so you will be required to drive a car around with GPS. You will need GPS, trust me. There are many places to check out, but it is impossible. It is big! I would wait for COVID storm to die out first and hopefully, vaccine will contribute to it. In major TX cities, You will have to wear a mask when you enter any place.

In DFW, stay away from toll freeways. You can't drive without a toll sticker or the camera will take a picture of your license. If you want to visit Dallas area, stay away from Oakhurst. It's not safe. DFW has its own railway called DART if you plan to go to Dallas downtown. DART is awesome to use. Go to Dart. org.

Sixth Floor Museum at Dealey Plaza
Dallas World Aquarium
Dallas Zoo
Fort Worth Zoo-- TOTALLY RECOMMENED.
The George W Bush Presidential Library and Museum
Dallas Museum of Art
Reunion Tower
Fort Worth Stockyards- they will let you ride a mechanical bull. Lots of fun. You can go to their website. They have schedules.
Kimball Art Museum- my favorite art museum
Six Flags at Arlington
AT&T Stadium- check their schedules for tours.

Since you're Indian, there is a Indian/Pakistani community in DFW, especially North Dallas. Lots of places like restaurants and markets. Try India Bazaar grocery. They're everywhere! You will see lots of East Asians, too. Most are from Nepal, Korea, Vietnam, etc. I miss going to Daiso Japan in North Dallas. DFW is extremely diverse. If you go to east Dallas, you will see some Muslims full of hajib.

In Houston, it's a crazy city with horrible infrastructure. Watch out for trucks. Stay away from toll freeways, too. It is about 4-5 hours drive from Dallas. 4 hours drive from San Antonio.

Houston Museum of Natural Science
Children's Museum- if you decided to be a kid, you can play there!
The Health Museum
ArtCar Museum
Houston Zoo
Museum of Fine Arts
Galveston
San Jacinto Battleground site

Austin.. Austin.. ha! Yes, It's full of weirdos pretend to rub on each other and protestors! Public/garage parking is expensive, so save some money if you must. Try Capitol Visitors Parking Garage. it's a bit affordable, but you will have to do lots of walking. You will notice the homeless people sleeping under the freeway bridge and areas. You will have fun watching protestors on Congress Ave all the way to the Capitol building. There are so many places to check along Congress Ave and the 6th street that I can't possibly list.

LDJ Presidential Library
UT at Austin
Bullock Texas State History Museum
Blanton Museum of Art
Capitol Building
Texas Governor's Manson
Congress Ave. Bridge
Bat Observation center is next to Congress Ave.
Crepe Crazy two locations by Deaf owners

San Antonio is all right. if you want to see the Alamo, go for it. Don't expect the Alamo to be big... Just warning. lol
Riverwalk
Historic Market Square- Mexican Shopping district
Witte Museum
San Antonio Zoo
San Antonio museum of art
Bracken Cave Preserve
Cascade Caverns
Cave without a name
Natural Bridge Caverns
A big thank you for taking the time to write this long recommendation list .and I’m happy to see that there’s a lot of museums right there , I’m that kind of guy who love to explore museums before exploring the whole city . :)

A big thank you for taking the time to write this long recommendation list .and I’m happy to see that there’s a lot of museums right there , I’m that kind of guy who love to explore museums before exploring the whole city . :)
There are way too many museums all over Texas- especially in small towns and cities. I have not checked them ALL. If you happen to stop by Waco and if you are a fan of Chip and Joanna from a popular show called HGTV's Fixer Upper. Check Waco- Magnolia Market at the Silos and Magnolia Cafe. They own bunches of businesses, castle and houses now. Waco also has the Texas Ranger Hall of Fame and Museum. Lots of good restaurants. Be warning- there is a lot of construction work on the freeway and traffic sucks.

Houston has National Museum of Funeral History. San Antonio has Ripley's Believe it or Not. Plano (North Dallas) has a Cockroach Hall of Fame if you like to learn more about cockroaches. We do have HUGE cockroaches and insects in Texas.

Good luck with your plan!

And make sure you're not one of the people who will get anaphylactic shock or some bad reaction in the future beforehand.

You can run America as I have done for a lifetime and not see it all. And I have been pretty much everywhere you can get a semi tractor trailer into all over the USA. I recommend that due to the political problems in several states combined with lockdowns in others forget about coming to America for about 5 years or so. Alot is going to depend on who is in the white house as of Noon Jan 20th. If it is one president then we can expect a federal mask order and a variety of other problems further damaging our Nation. Everything we were since 9-11 stopped on 10th March of 2020 hard full stop. You cannot stop America but they did it.

If the other President retains the white house then I expect large scale combat, looting, burning and murdering in riots coast to coast to start up all over again. The reason we have not seen much of it right now is because the leaderships of the affected groups have issued orders nationally to sit and wait and see what happens on 20th Jan. That will then determine what happens in all USA going into spring.

Arkansas is still a free state, however you will find that as a foreign National visiting you will need to provide evidence of vaccination and covid free etc. You will also find that you will have to sit somewhere and report daily to the Local Health Department wherever that is for a determined length of time. 14 days or whatever. UNLESS you were a essential person like a truck driver delivering food to Arkansas then you are allowed in relatively freely but only long enough to deliver and get out.

Tourism is pretty destroyed right now. If I wanted to go to Memphis a couple hours away for a day trip on the river boat or whatever its not very good idea right now. So I make do with very local activitys, Shooting, Bowling, Skating and so on where possible in my own medical situation day by day. We stopped overnight in state trips recently permanently. It will be years if we ever do that again. One of my vehicles is being rebuilt inside slowly to become a sleeper to accomodate two without a hotel. Problems arise when you consider that you cannot legally park overnight just anywhere. Many places are passing laws and so forth reacting to movement of peoples from other states and lands that are trying to get out of the big cities and the red zones and so on. Its a big problem in some areas.

Where i live if you were a stranger visiting today, the Law will be talking to you within the hour. They know who is local and resident or college etc and who are strangers. Those are approached first and cleared. If you are not doing anything wrong all is well. But you know that you are being watched as it were. Here in the south we have good manners good morning etc. And generally not a problem. However our Governor is fighting those who insist on ever bigger lockdowns. Its a real problem.

Im sorry that I cannot offer more. There are many places in the USA I would like to go visit right now that I am very familiar with from my own life and interests. However its not possible in many states. I would be treated as a infectious intruder until I can prove that I have the vaccine. Which is a item I wont be taking due to a specific chemical inside three seperate brands that induces a form of stopping breathing as a allergy reaction that can kill me. Ive already demonstrated specific reactions of that nature vs several medicines in my recent history. So Until they can make a vax without that particular chemical in it and prove that no one has that kind of reaction on a kind then I might take it. Otherwise I would need to be infected and recover to be immune the old fashioned way like I got Spanish Flu last Jan in 2018. Took me 5 weeks to get rid of it. My grandparents had that after world war one and Im third generation and got it anyway later in life. So anything is possible. You cannot travel very well between states. Even if you could you will learn very quickly that many services simply do not exist anymore at any price. We are losing so many places of work that provides the People with everything every day and every night.

I don't have anything for 2021. There are two specific futures possible after Jan 20th resolving of the leadership in DC. We will go from there.

same thing happening in India , when covid infected the world during these times India lost many businesses and small scale companies and including mine as well as tourism sector affected badly and now it’s reviving back to normal state. As a HOH guy it’s really overwhelming to communicate people over here as they all wore masks which is difficult for me to listen and understand what people say it’s kinda annoying and I feel like I wanted to get outta here travel the world

Last edited:
Back