Tricky question maybe HARSH question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you guys agree that since ASL is not spoken language as you claimed, therefore the 1st Amendment does not apply Deaf person as sole ASL user right in exercise Free speech because it (ASL) does not include sounds, mouth movement thus there is no rights available for Deaf person's own ASL?

No? Why not?

NO. First Amendment does not mean that, it does protects DEAF rights without "including sounds .... " etc,

and looks like you are trying to blow out already opened door.
You also confuse "free speech" with "speaking".
Sometimes "speech" means the right to express one's opinion, not literally a sound of one's voice while speaking.
So, a Free speech is short of freedom of speech

free speech
noun
another term for freedom of speech.

(google)

I don't know what happened to you but you seem to be quite angry. I think you would benefit from some therapy, Diehardbiker.
certainly from talking to some professional, as you seem to have unreleased anger, probably due to your deafness and how were you treated because of that.
I am very sorry for whatever happened to you as it seems you were treated badly.
I urge you to seek some help, please. Go to your dr and ask to refer you to psychologist near your area.

Fuzzy

I would rather be born deaf because I don't know what it is like to hear. I don't feel like I am missing something.

Would you guys agree that since ASL is not spoken language as you claimed, therefore the 1st Amendment does not apply Deaf person as sole ASL user right in exercise Free speech because it (ASL) does not include sounds, mouth movement thus there is no rights available for Deaf person's own ASL?

No? Why not?

Which part in 1st Amendment that ASL user have the right to full amendment protection?

oh my... you really have lost your marbles....

by your logic... 1st Amendment does not cover writers since it's not spoken :roll:

7b195a40eb63da3baef2f4b94630a540.jpg

I don't know what happened to you but you seem to be quite angry. I think you would benefit from some therapy, Diehardbiker.
certainly from talking to some professional, as you seem to have unreleased anger, probably due to your deafness and how were you treated because of that.
I am very sorry for whatever happened to you as it seems you were treated badly.
I urge you to seek some help, please. Go to your dr and ask to refer you to psychologist near your area.

Fuzzy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back