Treat Deaf babies with Cochlear Implants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look who's talking!

Facts come first, not beliefs.

Woe is bein' judged !
tsk.gif

I have been profoundly d/Deaf since birth, I speak very well, I read many college level books and novels, and I didn't need a CI to get thru life. From the arguments I am reading on Cochlear Implant threads and from arguments from Pro-CI people, I am deeply offended that the implications are I am not good enough of a person and a fucktard for not having a CI.! I even had a friend come up to me a month ago with the nerve to tell me if I do not agree with him on issues with cochlear implants, I am no longer his friend. That was so fucked up!

Despite the differences between everyone, if you let CIs get in the way of respect and friendship towards other people, you need to get your head examined!!!

*apologies for this repost, but needed everyone to read this!

Deaf258 said:
I have been profoundly d/Deaf since birth, I speak very well, I read many college level books and novels, and I didn't need a CI to get thru life. From the arguments I am reading on Cochlear Implant threads and from arguments from Pro-CI people, I am deeply offended that the implications are I am not good enough of a person and a fucktard for not having a CI.! I even had a friend come up to me a month ago with the nerve to tell me if I do not agree with him on issues with cochlear implants, I am no longer his friend. That was so fucked up!

Despite the differences between everyone, if you let CIs get in the way of respect and friendship towards other people, you need to get your head examined!!!

*apologies for this repost, but needed everyone to read this!

*Noddin'* I get your points! I am fully deaf myself, too and I am happy with it. :thumb: And, I don't feel sorry about bein' deaf.

Mod Note:

I am getting complaints of members bitching at each other. This thread is closed until further review. Thanks. :locked:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back