Transformation during COVID

Sujith

Reaction score
Share your life experience during the lockdown.
Have you started a new hobby? How these days have transformed your daily life?

I do miss being in the libraries. They are closed now and you can't check out books even curbside. I'm a little lost of what day it is. It feels like Sunday everyday! I need to try out an online class to give me some structure or something. I'm mostly a homebody person so a the beginning of the pandemic it wasn't too bad. Now it's a little bit scary with the hospitals full. So far, doing fine. Doing my usual sewing crafts, I might do some painting. Studying some history and watching some documentaries. I hope to do some yard work later on. And some long walks to get some exercise. What about you?

The fact is, we can't complain about anything. It's the new normal.
I have started new hobbies. I even started upskilling myself by enrolling in the online courses available.
To expand my knowledge, I have started learning new tech-related terms like robot framework, Internet of things, artificial intelligence, SDN/NFV, etc. There are many journals, magazines, and articles available online and at stores to gain in-depth knowledge.

I do miss being in the libraries. They are closed now and you can't check out books even curbside. I'm a little lost of what day it is. It feels like Sunday everyday! I need to try out an online class to give me some structure or something. I'm mostly a homebody person so a the beginning of the pandemic it wasn't too bad. Now it's a little bit scary with the hospitals full. So far, doing fine. Doing my usual sewing crafts, I might do some painting. Studying some history and watching some documentaries. I hope to do some yard work later on. And some long walks to get some exercise. What about you?
Have you tried SkillShare? It has a class for anything you could want to learn about; monthly or yearly fee is still less than a single college class. This might help you structure your day and find a new passion you never saw coming :) Hope this helps.
Take care. Remember. We are all alone together; seems to me where aren't really alone at all in a way.

I tend to be a little stubborn and refuse to treat covid with fear. I had spanish flu last Jan before Covid was the thing. Learned to wear a mask in the 6 weeks it took to shake that flu with special medicines. My family dealt with that back home 100 years ago and they tried lockdowns too but in time they realized the USA was hurt badly and quit doing that. The difference is now. The harder they try to lock down the faster and more people get sick.

What I don't like about this time is masks. I rely on lipreading to support spoken english as I was taught back in deaf school. So asking someone to take the mask off sometimes bother them. So I work with them with a note book where necessary to accomodate them. Most of the people here feel as I do about covid and do not wear masks outside or at the store so it helps me in understanding them.

For me life is a little different than normal and think that we will never go back to normal ever again. However. I do what I can to be normal as if there was no covid at all. Suppose I caught it? Oh well. We all gotta die sometime and Ive already faced death for myself and some others a number of times in life. So thats my position. In my home etc I am normal and so is everyone there. However in public life to the store or whatever I play along with the mask rules. However so many in my area feel the same and sometimes we don't bother with it.

Back