TransEar? Anyone use one?

DJYumene

Reaction score
Hello, I was browsing around the site and I saw that someone mentioned this aid for single-sided deafness. I found it hard to believe that there was actually a HA out there that you could wear on your bad ear only ... it sounds nice! Only one aid, and no surgery!

Does anyone have any experience with this HA?

I also noticed that is said this: "It is important to note that before your loss, you heard with both ears" ... does that mean that it only works if you had hearing in your bad ear once? O_o ... I hope not ...

TransEar® for Single-Sided Deafness

I have an appointment Friday and I want to ask about this too.

Hello, I was browsing around the site and I saw that someone mentioned this aid for single-sided deafness. I found it hard to believe that there was actually a HA out there that you could wear on your bad ear only ... it sounds nice! Only one aid, and no surgery!

Does anyone have any experience with this HA?

I also noticed that is said this: "It is important to note that before your loss, you heard with both ears" ... does that mean that it only works if you had hearing in your bad ear once? O_o ... I hope not ...

TransEar® for Single-Sided Deafness

I have an appointment Friday and I want to ask about this too.

I have not tried one, nor had I heard of it before, but, unless I read it wrong, it said you had to have normal hearing in the good ear. If I am not mistaken, in your other thread you said you thought you were losing some of your hearing in your good ear, so...not sure if that is the right choice for you. You would have to have the audi test your hearing first to determine whether or not you are losing your hearing first...as for the second part, yes, that is how I read it, you had to be able to hear out of your deaf ear at one point in time.
For other viewers, correct me if I am wrong, as I often am :giggle:

Glad to read you have an appointment soon..that is a step in the right direction

Yes that is correct; for my better ear I think I am. But I shall wait and see when I go. That is kinda .. egh .. disappointing now ... *sighs* ... :(

Plus the fact that you had to have had hearing in your deaf ear at one time ... egh ... :(

Thanks for the quick reply

:|

No problem shygirl1999. This part of the forum is near and dear to me, so I hang out here most nights.

I went to my appointment today; well as far as my hearing goes;

still completely deaf on right side, of course.
left side went down to being border line (20-25db), close to being mild loss.

I did mention Transear; she never hear of it and looked it up on her computer. She said (after taking a little bit to read about it) I would be a candidate; however it's risky because I'm borderline; so it may not be a good long term investment. She's going to call me later in the week to let me know what all my HA options are.

Side Note: I also did contact Transear as well and they said even though I was born deaf on that side (as long as my hearing in the other ear was in the range; no more than 30db loss) it would work still. That's why I decided to bring it up with her.

I went to my appointment today; well as far as my hearing goes;

still completely deaf on right side, of course.
left side went down to being border line (20-25db), close to being mild loss.

I did mention Transear; she never hear of it and looked it up on her computer. She said (after taking a little bit to read about it) I would be a candidate; however it's risky because I'm borderline; so it may not be a good long term investment. She's going to call me later in the week to let me know what all my HA options are.

Side Note: I also did contact Transear as well and they said even though I was born deaf on that side (as long as my hearing in the other ear was in the range; no more than 30db loss) it would work still. That's why I decided to bring it up with her.

I am sorry you were right about losing some hearing in your good ear. As for the other, research, research, research...make sure you read up on it as much as you can and get a second opinion before doing anything....that is always good advice...in whatever comes your way...

Thanks. I kinda knew once I stopped hearing little things that I used to. I guess I'm just happy that it's not too much of a loss. Thanks for the advice :)

Back