Touchscreen smartphone Question

XBGMER

Reaction score
this question is for all iphone, WM, droid phone, they are very common touchscreen phones. Anyway I actually never have own touchscreen phone in my whole life. However I wanted to give a shoot. I am looking for whomsoever have experience with their own touchscreen's virtual keyboard to be share me and others. that would be grateful, and could help others decide to upgrade their phone or w/e..

In eventually I will get touchscreen phone and don't want to go back to qwerty phones.

When you jumped from qwerty phone to touchscreen phone. My question, You felt the virtual keyboard was that hard to type with? Something you can't get used to? Can you tell me pro and con of touchscreen's virtual keyboard?

NOTE: I ain't here looking for some drama nor troll. I just want to be peace and enjoy with their share own experiences or feedback. ;)

PRO: fast to navigate around. just touch the screen - click click click

CON: touchscreen SUCKS BIG TIME for typing but that's just me. and the big screen is easy to get scratched so having a protective cover added to it makes it cumbersome (not small and portable)

PRO: fast to navigate around. just touch the screen - click click click

CON: touchscreen SUCKS BIG TIME for typing but that's just me. and the big screen is easy to get scratched so having a protective cover added to it makes it cumbersome (not small and portable)
curiously asking you, when last time you had own touchscreen phone?

curiously asking you, when last time you had own touchscreen phone?

couple years ago. 1.5 years of WM-5 (or 6?) HTC device from Verizon. I have played with Storm, iPhone, and Android enough to know that it's not for me.

I've never owned touchscreen devices but I've played with several including iPhone.

They are nice, but they aren't for me. My mother recently let me play with her new touchscreen (I think either HTC or LG from VerizonWireless...) I didn't like it. It took me forever to touch icons.

I'm not ready to go solo on touchscreen devices.

Actually as a iPhone user, touchscreen is faster for me than qwerty does, just need practice. get used to it and you will type fast in no time. I can't said the same for other touchscreen device.

There are many on youtube:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_5fr9SJsig]YouTube - Fast typing on the iPhone[/ame]

I can type that fast especially in landscape mode.

Actually as a iPhone user, touchscreen is faster for me than qwerty does, just need practice. get used to it and you will type fast in no time. I can't said the same for other touchscreen device.

not me. I have no idea how ya'all do it. I guess I'm just an old fart who can't learn a new trick :lol:

gerg.gif

Thru testing on touchscreen, iPhone appear to be better reply than any other.
Further tests confirm iPhone touchscreen superiority

I own Palm Pre, and I find it great when it come with both touchscreen and actual keyboard. If you get droid, you do the same thing as I have on Palm Pre.

I agree, I enjoy the best of both worlds. I have the Moment. It has a keyboard and a touchscreen. The only con is that it is larger and heavier than a touchscreen only. I find the virtual keyboards hard to use. I have tried to use my over and over to get used to it, but I am constantly typing the wrong keys!

Wirelessly posted

I have a G1 touchscreen it can be annoying bec the cursor jumps and ends up clicking the wrong selection. It dials phone numbers out of random when you pressed nothing.

I have played with friend's iPhone before...

Pro - I dunno any pro but I guess you can touch a screen.

Con - Can't type without looking on the screen. I dislike virtual touch screen keyboard.

Perhaps you could ask any of your friends who have touchscreen phones... so you can play around with it first, to see if you like it or not.

I mentioned to someone before about pro and con with touch screen compare to qwerty keyboard, personally I have both BB and iPhone and I don't like touch screen as much. Touch screen sometime require to have repeated taps to get what you want, and here good example that you saw on Youtube above that he tapped few times to get the response. Also sometime the buttons are too close together like when I tapped "Edit" and that Edit button changed to "Done" something like that, and when I multiple select to delete, the delete part is very close to "Done" button and I accidently hit done and everything went back to where it was before. I have to redo all over again. It's pain in the butts. As far as typing goes.. your eyes have to be on the screen all time. Once your eyes are off the screen your thumbs screech to halt. Qwerty keyboard, I can take my eyes off the BB when I typed and nice to type with one thumb also.

not me. I have no idea how ya'all do it. I guess I'm just an old fart who can't learn a new trick :lol:

gerg.gif

Time for DS to become your teacher in Virtual Typing 101.

couple years ago. 1.5 years of WM-5 (or 6?) HTC device from Verizon. I have played with Storm, iPhone, and Android enough to know that it's not for me.
Yeah BB storm is very nice, unfortunately its not available for T-MO GSM.. :(

There are many on youtube: - Fast typing on the iPhone

:shock: *Wow*, typing is so fast! impression! I will check out clips on yourtube later.. But I prefer asking direct deaf touchscreen users instead of hearing people... You know deaf people always typing all times, right?

Did You type on screen keyboard that can beat PC's WPM?

I'm not ready to go solo on touchscreen devices.
(laughing) Ha! I do undy.. before I wasnt ready for touchscreen.. but now I am born to ready, and open for touchscreen phone.. :cool2:

Thru testing on touchscreen, iPhone appear to be better reply than any other.
Further tests confirm iPhone touchscreen superiority
nice find and interesting! event, i will check out this again.. thanks for link..

Perhaps you could ask any of your friends who have touchscreen phones... so you can play around with it first, to see if you like it or not.
SG, No and yes- My friends use non-touchscreen phone the most. two friends who live outside of Calif, they use their touchscreen phone ( ofc iPhone). ahh impossible to play their touchscreen, they live outside of Calif. :(

I mentioned to someone before about pro and con with touch screen compare to qwerty keyboard, personally I have both BB and iPhone and I don't like touch screen as much. Touch screen sometime require to have repeated taps to get what you want, and here good example that you saw on Youtube above that he tapped few times to get the response. Also sometime the buttons are too close together like when I tapped "Edit" and that Edit button changed to "Done" something like that, and when I multiple select to delete, the delete part is very close to "Done" button and I accidently hit done and everything went back to where it was before. I have to redo all over again. It's pain in the butts. As far as typing goes.. your eyes have to be on the screen all time. Once your eyes are off the screen your thumbs screech to halt. Qwerty keyboard, I can take my eyes off the BB when I typed and nice to type with one thumb also.
thanks for clarfiy details pro and con about touchscreen, i really appreciate it.

@ jiro, quirkylibra, Oceanblue7 and SneakerNet, My question is Did you use SWYPE on screen keyboard instead typing? i just wondering.. :)

Yeah BB storm is very nice, unfortunately its not available for T-MO GSM.. :(
I don't like Storm. I don't like the "clicking" part. It's awkward

@ jiro - My question is Did you use SWYPE on screen keyboard instead typing? i just wondering.. :)
nope. I don't think I'll ever be able to master it. I'm too used to QWERTY.

I don't like Storm. I don't like the "clicking" part. It's awkward

nope. I don't think I'll ever be able to master it. I'm too used to QWERTY.
I do undy.. But You should be concern there will be almost impossible to find any phone manufacturer without an touchscreen model. Like Sure-type phone already became dinosaur.

But ofc there will have some touchscreen device with actual keyboard as such flip, or slide.

break the fastest texting-Guinness World Record!

Perhap you recognize man name is Mike Mo Capaldi which realistic life pro skater for girl skateboard , if you dont recog him, just go to google for "Mike MO".. ;)

Iphone users, you should be proud of him who beat New Guinness World Record - SWYPE Texting.. He is KICK @$$! :cool2:

[yt]y4beErJTdcw[/yt]

:shock:

I'm not ready to live without physical keyboard and I do type on screen keyboard sometime if I need make quick without slide the keyboard up.

Use relay call on screen keyboard is ultimate frustrated because they hung up if I don't type so fast, jeez.

I remembered to use Wyndtell RIM 950 pager last 7-8 years ago. I can typed faster. its faster to type than BB. Easy to type wide than narrow type of BB.

Use relay call on screen keyboard is ultimate frustrated because they hung up if I don't type so fast, jeez.
Fox, Yes *(laughing)* you have good point.. ;) *PAUSE*: Now you make me to think twice about touchscreen.. LOL

Back