Torn between HTC Hero and Blackberry Curve 8530...what to do now?

MilitaryGirl83

Reaction score
I am leaving from Verizon and switching to Sprint since my fiancee' has been with Sprint for 8 years with no problems at all. I was all excited to get Blackberry Curve 8530 until I realized that I will miss touchscreen..been hearing great things about HTC Hero. Right now I have LG Voyageur which has touchscreen with physical keyboard.

Anyone has Blackberry 8530...pros and cons?

Anyone has HTC Hero...pros and cons?

:ty:

I have a Blackberry 8520, which is almost the same as the 8530. I love Blackberry's and would not get anything else (at least right now), but it sounds like you would be happier with the other phone.

Anyone has HTC Hero...pros and cons?

I do have some pros and cons for you because I am a HTC hero user and so darn proud to have HTC hero!

PROS - because I love ANDROID, it rocks! alot of apps, so awesome features and guess what, I only paid 30 dollars per month. That is something you can't complain because it almost same as iphone (iphone users had to pay 50 to 60 per months with no insurance) address book is so awesome that has connect with facebook and twitter, you wont miss of their updated everyday.

cons - sometime it slow and sometime it fast, it depends on it. small MB. battery ofc very drain if you use too much.

but I will give 4.5 out of 5.0 rate for this HTC Hero.

but Sprint is getting "Hero supersonic" it will be faster than HTC Hero because it has 1.0 ghz along with 4G speed of the internet.

I can't afford the hero supersonic yet when it comes out :( But I made the final decision after playing with the HTC hero a bit longer in the Sprint store.. here I come.. HTC Hero in the first week of March! I am glad I followed my heart and knew it was the right choice for me! :)

How is the sound clarity for the HTC Hero? I went to Telus and was told that it was not a very good phone. Made me wonder - since I have had an HTC for almost 3 years and up until I dropped it, it was pretty good. I am getting a new phone and the salesman was really pushing the Blackberry Bold.

Anyone have any feedback (not the H.A kind) on sound clarity for the HTC vs Blackberry?

I was pretty disappointed in Apple that the iphone is not hearing aid compatible. What is that all about?? :shock:

I read at the sprint store and asked the lady who worked there about it and yes they do have hearingn aid compatible! :) Just get the phone that you really want and don't let the salesman get u the phone that you later end up regretting and hating the phone that u got instead of the phone you really wanted. HTC hero is touch screen phone ya know that?

How is the sound clarity for the HTC Hero? I went to Telus and was told that it was not a very good phone. Made me wonder - since I have had an HTC for almost 3 years and up until I dropped it, it was pretty good. I am getting a new phone and the salesman was really pushing the Blackberry Bold.

Anyone have any feedback (not the H.A kind) on sound clarity for the HTC vs Blackberry?

I was pretty disappointed in Apple that the iphone is not hearing aid compatible. What is that all about?? :shock:

Speaking about Blackberry Bold 9700... I've looked on Phone option settings on my BB, there is Hearing Aid Mode on it. You can enable the mode.

Thanks Militarygirl and SG. You know, I hate that they don't have phones that can be tried out unless a staff person owns one. The sound qualtiy on the iphone was dreadful! Really bad. The Blackberry was ok - I liked the HTC I used, but I wasn't able to try out the one in the store. Guess I'll go back today and test them out some more. See if any of the staff has anything other than the iphone or Blackberry.

Thanks for your feedback though. :)

Back