Top ten reasons to move and not to move to Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool, aren't you going to put in top 10 pros and cons about Colorado? If you got time to do that. :)

Thinking about it... there's alot of comments to throw at but I'll narrow down to name a few...
Colorado

Pro:

Beautiful mountain driving etc
alot of outdoor sport activities such as camping, biking, hiking, skiing, etc
increasing of public transportation (although light rail are increasing The Regional Transportation District Home Page

Cons
Of course houses, apt, condo rent etc are expensive but not all of em, it's just a matter of WHERE you live like within 5 minutes walking to Downtown of course it's expensive and some location has reasonable rental price and some luxury etc... Find Apartments For Rent, Rentals, Roommates, Moving Companies and More - ForRent.com OR Craigslist under housing, rentals or whatever craigslist: denver classifieds for jobs, apartments, personals, for sale, services, community, and events
For gas price, of course you know what gas price is like everwhere, the closer to downtown the higher price is, the farther away from downtown tend to be cheaper gas, although I do get 10 cent off per gallon at grocery gas station so it varies... hmm what more? If you wanna cheapest place, visit wizard of the OZ!
:iolol:

Thinking about it... there's alot of comments to throw at but I'll narrow down to name a few...
Colorado

Pro:

Beautiful mountain driving etc
alot of outdoor sport activities such as camping, biking, hiking, skiing, etc
increasing of public transportation (although light rail are increasing The Regional Transportation District Home Page

Cons
Of course houses, apt, condo rent etc are expensive but not all of em, it's just a matter of WHERE you live like within 5 minutes walking to Downtown of course it's expensive and some location has reasonable rental price and some luxury etc... Find Apartments For Rent, Rentals, Roommates, Moving Companies and More - ForRent.com OR Craigslist under housing, rentals or whatever craigslist: denver classifieds for jobs, apartments, personals, for sale, services, community, and events
For gas price, of course you know what gas price is like everwhere, the closer to downtown the higher price is, the farther away from downtown tend to be cheaper gas, although I do get 10 cent off per gallon at grocery gas station so it varies... hmm what more? If you wanna cheapest place, visit wizard of the OZ!
:iolol:

Ahh cool thanks, Nozobo! I'm curious, how do average deaf people who live in Colorado behave in general? Like for example, many deaf people are very RUDE in Minnesota, again no offense to Minnesota residents.

for me.. colorado is okay i just don't want to live there.. but going there for vacation is great. whats wrong with minnesota ;-) housing cost here is cheap.. and have plenty of forest in the north side of minnesota.. while the south side have farming. plenty of state forest, plenty of trails, hiking, etc..

for me.. colorado is okay i just don't want to live there.. but going there for vacation is great. whats wrong with minnesota ;-) housing cost here is cheap.. and have plenty of forest in the north side of minnesota.. while the south side have farming. plenty of state forest, plenty of trails, hiking, etc..

Sorry, I am not interested in Minnesota. Way too cold in winter, no thanks. ;)

I already know about Colorado because I've been to West part of the state, only touch Denver when changing planes that's all. I have camped out and watched nasty thunderstorms in the mountains. I've lived in Utah before for 6 months and seen bad storms out there. I loved it because it's exciting and scary at the same time. Weather here is so boring, mostly just plain old rain and wind. Windstorms can be real bad here, though. Thunderstorms are very rare here.

I love that thunder that shook my body and my van after lightening struck so close to roadside (Felt somethig exploded Geeeeee!!!) when I drove through downpour through CO/KS statline ROFL . I live near Kansas City and Thunderstorms are a wimp!! It can shake my house just like something dropped but not my body. It tend to get worst once it passed over to Missouri. Honestly, I DONT get scared of thunderstorm at all. I love it's Power of Nature. I don't even get scared of Tornadoes anyway. Try YouTube.com, search "Kansas Turnpike Tornado" and enjoy watching 9 min video. This is so AAWWsome!!

I heard that there are alot of deaf people living in and around Denver CO. I love Este Park. They have a mountain that allow you to drive ur car up to near it's peak. You can enjoy it's beauty during summer but best to be sure you have coat and jogging pants on if you're wearing shorts. Nice weather can turn naughty in couple of min and experience blizzard for an hour. Foot of snow had accluminated before you have chance to finally move your car down in the traffic jam on mountain slope LOL. I saw poor guy on street motorcycle had to negotiate on unpaved snow ROFL..

Also Try go to Colorado Springs, CO where they have water fall with 900 something step to climb to the top of it's edge. It's nice and beautiful. Once you get to the top, be expect to see a single grave near the waterfall edge. It was a man who founded the area back in early 20 century.

Been there twice. Agree w/U 110%. Summer is too short! Rains alot. But have nice mall at Minnepolis/St.Paul area tho. Luckily, I don't live there, just visit LOL.

Catty:ty: :ugh3:

I love that thunder that shook my body and my van after lightening struck so close to roadside (Felt somethig exploded Geeeeee!!!) when I drove through downpour through CO/KS statline ROFL . I live near Kansas City and Thunderstorms are a wimp!! It can shake my house just like something dropped but not my body. It tend to get worst once it passed over to Missouri. Honestly, I DONT get scared of thunderstorm at all. I love it's Power of Nature. I don't even get scared of Tornadoes anyway. Try YouTube.com, search "Kansas Turnpike Tornado" and enjoy watching 9 min video. This is so AAWWsome!!

I heard that there are alot of deaf people living in and around Denver CO. I love Este Park. They have a mountain that allow you to drive ur car up to near it's peak. You can enjoy it's beauty during summer but best to be sure you have coat and jogging pants on if you're wearing shorts. Nice weather can turn naughty in couple of min and experience blizzard for an hour. Foot of snow had accluminated before you have chance to finally move your car down in the traffic jam on mountain slope LOL. I saw poor guy on street motorcycle had to negotiate on unpaved snow ROFL..

Also Try go to Colorado Springs, CO where they have water fall with 900 something step to climb to the top of it's edge. It's nice and beautiful. Once you get to the top, be expect to see a single grave near the waterfall edge. It was a man who founded the area back in early 20 century.

Sounds exciting. :lol: I do want to visit East Colorado before we decide. Yeah, the weather change very quickly in Colorado, scary. haha I saw that on TV and on internet there's Pikes Peak in Colorado Springs which isn't far from the city. Wow, high mountain, lol.

Maybe there are few rude people around here but if you're friendly then I don't think you will have problems fitting in Colorado.. I always tell people Colorado weather is always unpredictable, cuz you never know what you will get any kind of weather within hours... I'm used to it anyway. There are tend to be high speeders around the highways. When you hit the rush hour, you know how bad traffics are but you won't get stuck in same traffic for hours, mostly usually within 30 min then the traffic go smooth unless there's construction.

I can agree with u about the cold ..however, isnt it cold in Colorado in the winters too?

Pros and Cons about Colorado, also never lived but visited at few time.

Pros
1. Beautiful mountain, that's bigger when view in near or far, depends on area
2. Popular for Skiing, snowboard and snow mobile
3. Affordable Real Estate in certain area
4. Reasonable rent price
5. Alot of developments are going on
6. Gas price isn't crazier expensive as in west coast and Chicago area
7. Alot of varies on climate
8. There's alot of job growth

Cons
1. Deaf social isn't good as many other cities
2. Weather can be more hassle, mostly in winter
3. Traffic is so-so
4. Alot of crime is happen in some portion of Denver, it's getting better
5. Real Estate can be expensive in some area, just depends on anywhere
6. Some portion of Denver, also included with some part of suburb aren't nice, alot of old houses and some are filled with junkyard, especially in near North Denver and some suburb are border to them.

Nope MN is difference from colorado, the winter temps are like 20's to 30's.. ofc blizzards. But in the mountain yes very cold and very cool in the summer time. No humid :) we always get out 1st snow before halloween. Like Nozobo said the weather is unpreicatble. for example today is 50's and tmw can reach to 65 then the next day a snow comes

Yup but not worse as in Minnesota.

as for Cons #6 as for north denver, its better than before, as new homes being build. the most icky area is Montbello/ Aurora... dirty and is in a not a good neighbor "Crime Area" . Your right abt rent reasonable price. i was shocked to find how cheap the apts rent are.

Pros and Cons about Colorado, also never lived but visited at few time.

Pros
1. Beautiful mountain, that's bigger when view in near or far, depends on area
2. Popular for Skiing, snowboard and snow mobile
3. Affordable Real Estate in certain area
4. Reasonable rent price
5. Alot of developments are going on
6. Gas price isn't crazier expensive as in west coast and Chicago area
7. Alot of varies on climate
8. There's alot of job growth

Cons
1. Deaf social isn't good as many other cities
2. Weather can be more hassle, mostly in winter
3. Traffic is so-so
4. Alot of crime is happen in some portion of Denver, it's getting better
5. Real Estate can be expensive in some area, just depends on anywhere
6. Some portion of Denver, also included with some part of suburb aren't nice, alot of old houses and some are filled with junkyard, especially in near North Denver and some suburb are border to them.

it can be windy in colorado... dont forget that.. :)

Been there twice. Agree w/U 110%. Summer is too short! Rains alot. But have nice mall at Minnepolis/St.Paul area tho. Luckily, I don't live there, just visit LOL.

Catty:ty: :ugh3:
i don't think it rains alot here in minnesota.. we are experiencing drought. i will say average rain is like 4-6 days a month. thats not alot to me.

Other cons is the altitude, if you're moving from flat area that has 0 altitude like Fla etc to Colorado, you might feel different like little different breathing or tireness easy. It's like that for awhile then you'll get used to it. During Winter time, it's cool here. Sometime one day you'll get a nice weather then next day you'll be unprepared for a winter storm heh... One time I went to work, not bringing my coat expected the day weather to be good then after work and my jaws dropped to see snowing hard so I always leave a shovel in my car trunk all the time during winter, you never know what will happens heh

Why not move to another state between Michigan and Washington??

Yeah, good idea!! Move to Montana, North or South Dakota. :) Its more in between Washington and Michigan and save you mileage in your car or by air.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back