"Too Young to Die"

Liebling:-)))

Sussi *7.7.86 - 18.6.09*
Premium Member
Reaction score
I felt that this thread, I create relate to Parenting Section instead of Entertainment Section because of touchy issues for the parents and children.

My young son Alan & I went to shopping mall after doctor appointment yesterday. He want to buy something with coupon, he got from his friend for his birthday gift last Sunday. I look around DVDs until "Too Young to Die" scream on the DVD got me attention. I read back of DVD and said that it's true story... I must see it. I did!

It's very depressing movie, I ever seen... :tears: Have you seen this movie?

I hope this link would fresh your memory...
http://online.tvguide.com/movies/database/showmovie.asp?MI=36750
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00004CKHU/203-2162507-1302335
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0100797/usercomments

Its about 15 years old Amanda Sue Bradley who sentenced to death in 1989 and made the true movie by Amanda's lawyer in 1990. I read the story after end of movie and say that Amanda is not only one but 28 teenagers who wait death row like her. :(

15 years old... Oh dear! She does not deserve to punish to death.

This movie remind me of Amy Fisher... I can image Amy would of sentence to death for murder Mary Jo but she is very lucky because Mary Jo is survived. Amy Fisher is happily married and mother of 2 children. Amanda? :(

Do you think it's meanfuling to sentence teenagers to death like this? Please read this links first before make posts .... :)

Oh yes, Amanda's mother remind me of my mother. My mother act like this sometimes... :ugh2:

I am not tooo sure if I saw that. I may need to rent that. Thanks for input!

Yes i remma this story i useed watch channel LifeTime tv and last time i watch.. i can't believer that she is only 15 year old to die i think it's shuld not put her on death row bec of under minor..But i m not superise that all 28 teenage are wait on death row it's not give them punish to be death row..I thought shuld over 21 age shuld put on death row bec of serious crimes.. but teenage that early age for them shuld not put on death row unless i m wrong :dunno:

Mama2AFTIV said:
I am not tooo sure if I saw that. I may need to rent that. Thanks for input!

I recommend you to rent it.. .Very depressing movie... :( 15 years old? *shake my head disguist*

LovelyBlkGal said:
Yes i remma this story i useed watch channel LifeTime tv and last time i watch.. i can't believer that she is only 15 year old to die i think it's shuld not put her on death row bec of under minor..But i m not superise that all 28 teenage are wait on death row it's not give them punish to be death row..I thought shuld over 21 age shuld put on death row bec of serious crimes.. but teenage that early age for them shuld not put on death row unless i m wrong :dunno:

That´s what I thought so until I learn from true movie for a first time yesterday... 15 years old...?

Liebling:-))) said:
That´s what I thought so until I learn from true movie for a first time yesterday... 15 years old...?

Yea shuld not put for that.. but One oldest man shuld put on death row bec he is invole murder and kidnapper too But too late for Amanda's line put on death row *smh*

LovelyBlkGal said:
No it's old movie in 1990 which true story CyberRed smile

Ohh - okay, thanks ! :D I will probably look for one to watch. We will see .....

CyberRed said:
Ohh - okay, thanks ! :D I will probably look for one to watch. We will see .....

ur welcome! smile and one day you shuld watch this movie oh gosh it's soo sad but not gonna said abt this movie LOL :whistle:

I have seen it. I couldn't stop crying, it nearly broke my heart!! Very Very Sad!!! After watching it, i couldn't stop thinking about it. :tears:

racheleggert said:
sounds good... what crime did she committed?

Have you read 3 links, I provided in my thread? It tells you story.

They sentenced 15 years old Amanda Sue Bradley to death for murder and kidnapped.

She was raised by an uncaring mother and a drunken, abusive stepfather. She was sexually abuse by stepdad... Amanda left home to marry her boyfriend when she was 14 years old.
Unfortunlately, their marriage is not long, he left her for join to Army. She went back to mother and found out that her mom and stepdad moved out without leave forward address. She has no money and no else to live... so she wandered place to place until she met Billy. Billy offered her a job as stripper at club and fed her drugs to help her overcome her shyness. It´s not just stripper but prostituion as well. She met divorced Army sergeant Mike with 2 kids and fall in love with him and her new and better life, she ever had with him... Mike was being treaten by Army Service after found out who Amanda is and her age etc. (Amanda lied Mike about her age in first place). They said that Mike will lose his job and face court if he is with Amanda. Mike love her but he decide for legal and send Amanda away. She went back o Billy with heartbroken. Billy fed Amanda with full of drugs and persuaded her to kill Mike as revenage. They broke in Mike's home and kidnapped Mike and his new girlfriend and put them to an oil field. Amanda was full drugs and angry and stabbed Mike to death. Lawyer tried to fight to save death sentence... Unfortunlately juries decided for death penatly because Amanda tried being as an adult. She is found guilty and sentenced to death. There´re 28 teenagers waited in death row as her... It was happened in 1989... One year later Lawyer made the film about Amanda´s life... Very depressing and sad movie...:tears:

I can image Amy Fisher would end like her if Mary Jo is killed... :cold: See, now Amy is happily married and 2 kids... She admitted her mistakes in the past... I bet Amanda would say the same as Amy when she is alive... :(

Last edited:
What happened to the real girl? I searched and searched the internet but there is no information about her. Did they change her name for the movie character?

See the 3 links, I provided here... Is it not enough?

It´s true story... Amanda´s lawyer made the film for her. They sentenced her to death in Olkamana (sp)
I read the links about the movie. I wanted to know about the real girl, the real story.

Reba said:
I read the links about the movie. I wanted to know about the real girl, the real story.

I hope this link will help you

http://www.google.de/search?hl=de&q=Amanda+Sue+Bradley+&btnG=Google-Suche&meta=

I will watch DVD again and will get the name of Amanda´s lawyer and which place... then research the name of Amanda´s lawyer. I know it´s in Olkamama.(sp)

I have to beleive it because DVD says it´s true story and it also written in movie that it´s true story in 1989.

I hope this link will help you

http://www.google.de/search?hl=de&q=Amanda+Sue+Bradley+&btnG=Google-Suche&meta=

I will watch DVD again and will get the name of Amanda´s lawyer and which place... then research the name of Amanda´s lawyer. I know it´s in Olkamama.(sp)

I have to beleive it because DVD says it´s true story and it also written in movie that it´s true story in 1989.
That's the same link that I found. It's just about the movie. It's not about the real girl.

I searched thru Oklahoma's death penalty links, and I still can't find the case. Maybe that was not her real name?

I can't find anything under the lawyer's name either.

Back