To Wear Hearing Aids Or Not To?

I also don't see what the big deal is. At the end of the day we all have the problem of our ears not working as well as they should or not at all. I do depend on my HAs morning to night.
Yeah we're pretty much in the same boat when it come to hearing. I will take my HA off if my ear is hurting I can only wear one hearing aid now and I miss a lot this way . I think it's effecting my balance also wearing one HA. My right ear is shot to hell !

i just started wearing them last year and tbh i forget them most of the time and i prefer to not wear them unless i go to like a concert or movie or something like that

I forget to put my hearing aid on more often b/c of old age , I am lost without mine.

i just started wearing them last year and tbh i forget them most of the time and i prefer to not wear them unless i go to like a concert or movie or something like that

You would be better off with ear plugs at a concert rather than wearing your hearing aid. Just look at how many musicians that wear hearing aids and you will see why you should be wearing ear plugs.

I don't feel that way at all , I hate not being able to hear the sound of the wind or birds when outside . I love the sounds of nature .

I never really cared about hearing the birds sing. It's a mystery to me why people cherish that so much. The wind is a different story, though. I think I'll miss that a lot. As a background noise, it's kind of nice.

yea i know what u mean OP, i feel the same - but without CI, I feel much more relaxed and less pressured and more confident, but i have to wear it regardless

yea i know what u mean OP, i feel the same - but without CI, I feel much more relaxed and less pressured and more confident, but i have to wear it regardless
You have to wear it? Does someone try to make you? If not, and it's your choice, you can go without at times if you wish.

I never really cared about hearing the birds sing. It's a mystery to me why people cherish that so much. The wind is a different story, though. I think I'll miss that a lot. As a background noise, it's kind of nice.
I like all the sounds of nature , people like the sounds of birds calls b/c it's pretty and people that are birders know what the calls mean . I like b/c I never heard birds as a child so I guess I am making up for lost time !

Back