To these people who dont believe Global Warming..

We'll see what happens in the long run.

Regardless, who cares about Halliburton? The Earth itself is far more important.

Good Idea!!!

We'll see what happens in the long run.

Regardless, who cares about Halliburton? The Earth itself is far more important.

Good Deal! I second!
I am totally with you!
Have a good one.
:wave:

Good Deal! I second!
I am totally with you!
Have a good one.
:wave:

I am still typing up the rebuttal. I fell asleep earlier. I was just dead tired :cool2:

Hee...

I am still typing up the rebuttal. I fell asleep earlier. I was just dead tired :cool2:

I suggest to delete your rebuttal, take a nice break and go directly to your home-sweet-home bed. Enjoy your dreamland.

I suggest to delete your rebuttal, take a nice break and go directly to your home-sweet-home bed. Enjoy your dreamland.

i already enjoyed my dreamland. :cool2:

My rebuttal to Endy's post -

My responses to each of your links...
1. Sorry I don't do wikipedia. I'm going to ignore it. No hard feeling

2. Global Warming: Early Warning Signs: all it does is recorded the data, identified the impacts in certain locations, and proved that there is a climate changes... which is an increased temperature. It DID NOT say that it is directly caused by men. White House aka Bush Administration DENIED the existence of Global Warming. Not me. I DENIED the so-called finding that global warming is caused by men. Big difference.

3. Climate Change - What you can do about climate change and global warming: Facts about climate change: This is from its site -
The Facts About Climate Change

* FACT: Average global temperatures increased by about 1 degree Fahrenheit over the 20th century.
* FACT: The United States contains only 5 percent of the world’s population, but contributes 22 percent of the world’s carbon emissions.
* FACT: Between 20 and 25 percent of carbon emissions come from deforestation and land use change.
* FACT: The Golden Toad (Bufo periglenes) is thought to be the first species to go extinct because of climate change.
* FACT: Personal cars and trucks in the United States emit 20 percent of the United States' carbon emissions.
* FACT: Air conditioning and heating account for almost half of electricity use in the average American home.
* FACT: Climate change is linked to stronger hurricanes, more drought and increased coral deaths from bleaching.
* FACT: Climate change is linked to an increase in disease-carrying pests that lead to the increased spread of diseases such as dengue fever, malaria, lyme disease and West Nile virus.

hey.... where's the FACT that global warming is caused by men? :hmm: I have searched its site and found NOTHING that proves your argument that global warming is caused by men. :dunno:

4. Forests | Climate Change - Health and Environmental Effects | U.S. EPA: I read it ahd it's same as above links... it's all talk of climate changes. :zzz: No direct or official statement of linking global warming to men.

5. Royal Horticultural Society - Climate Change and Forests: Same as #4.

6. Yes greenhouse gas is good for us. Warmth is one of the key factors to sustainable eco-systems (scientists call this "biosphere"). And no our greenhouse gas is not messed up. As said in all of links above - once in a while... there is an influx or change in system which is normal because Earth is a living thing. Nothing is fixed/static/unchanging. All these changes which may look scary to you is called ADAPTATION (as said in the links you provided). The Earth is constantly correcting and adapting itself as a direct response to any change in biospheres. While El Nino was a devastating hurricane that wrecked everything and displaced animals from its natural habitat... it also created a new life for new species on something that were normally LIFELESS.

Yes you can google all the stuff you want but it's important to be EDUCATED and WELL-INFORMED about it.. and it's usually a lot better if you learn it from academically-accredited university. RARELY there are some people who self-taught themselves to that same level. Why must be educated from university? because there are experts everywhere and they're more than willing to share their experience and expertise to you. They have tons of resource for you to experience it yourself and to understand it from scientific point of view. These links which you provided are not usually meant to be understood by average people which is why they created a very SELECTIVE information and guide for average people to understand and to have a hope in Earth. Internet is also for research purpose. Educated researcher use internet to research and to find data from reputable sites to write thesis paper. However... that very same information can easily misinterpreted and misunderstood and worse of all - misused. I understand completely what you're saying and I do sympathize with the tree-hugger's agenda. There are evil corporations out there, hiding from government and abusing the environment with illegal dumping (aka superfunded sites). You've said some right things but it's a truth with holes. So I helped explained it in details to help create a full truth because Earth and the eco-system relationships are not easy to understand. It is full of paradoxes and tricky theories. I'm just helping you understand it at scientific viewpoint.

You said in Post #5 - Humans cause Global Warming. That is what I'm having trouble understanding it. I have not seen any WELL-FOUNDED studies, researches, and facts that said so. All you have given me are some links that proved climate change IS happening. Basically - what you saying is same as - "it's going to rain tomorrow"..... as if we humans can cause that. Yes we can easily affect our immediate surrounding (or called "micro-climate") but global warming? on EARTH-scale? men affects EARTH? are we God? really? we tiny little yellow chickens can affect Earth on that scale? Shocking! Well in that case....

Why is it that LA and Mexico City are very smoggy but not anywhere else? That's why it's called MICRO-CLIMATE. We affect our LOCALIZED climate, not GLOBAL climate. In a city where we have traffic jam everyday... as the result - that created smog on top of city... not Earth. Luckily - we live in wind path. Our wind moves in Easterly direction... meaning - the wind blows from west to east... which is why we did not sign Kyoto Treaty. What's the point of spending BILLIONS in being green-friendly when other country's (China) pollution come to USA? That pretty much defeated the purpose of Kyoto Treaty on our part. Their dust storm and smog frequently come to USA. China and India NEED to focus on improving their environment, not USA. Our pollutions rarely get transported to foreign nation... not as bad as China.

As my professor said - this is simply a transformation of global environment (the phase that Earth is going thru to correct and adapt in response to accommodating the biosphere)

Endy... your posts about haliborton, WTO, Dubai.... they are :topic: I'm ignoring over it.

While you two enjoy your little game, allow me to point out that no matter what we call it or whoever/whatever caused it, it's important that people recognize that something is happening.

It's called awareness and we all need to increase our awareness of the world. We all are too focused on trivial issues/divisions and we don't see the greater forces at work.

We need to be open to the possibility of shit totally hitting the fan. I'm talking about catastrophic economic collapse, global and local. I'm talking about martial law and the control of people. I'm talking about the de-valuation of the dollar and the introduction of a one world currency.

You don't have to believe in any of that. You simply need to consider it and add it onto what you have already read. By having different theories/thoughts, you can sift through them and come to your own conclusions.

Me? I'd rather spend my days hiking through a forest and collecting ecological data. That is what I do for one of my courses and it is a far cry from writing code for websites, which I used to do. That my friend, is a sea change in perception.

While you two enjoy your little game, allow me to point out that no matter what we call it or whoever/whatever caused it, it's important that people recognize that something is happening.

It's called awareness and we all need to increase our awareness of the world. We all are too focused on trivial issues/divisions and we don't see the greater forces at work.

We need to be open to the possibility of shit totally hitting the fan. I'm talking about catastrophic economic collapse, global and local. I'm talking about martial law and the control of people. I'm talking about the de-valuation of the dollar and the introduction of a one world currency.

You don't have to believe in any of that. You simply need to consider it and add it onto what you have already read. By having different theories/thoughts, you can sift through them and come to your own conclusions.

Me? I'd rather spend my days hiking through a forest and collecting ecological data. That is what I do for one of my courses and it is a far cry from writing code for websites, which I used to do. That my friend, is a sea change in perception.

yes that's the difference. Awareness and Actual Cause. Al Gore and all these people are making the world be AWARE of this dooming situation (something that Bush Administration denied). It's just that NONE of scientists/scientific communities have said the ACTUAL CAUSE of this problem is caused by men. That's what i'm trying to say.

We should be concerned with our own surroundings because it is more realistic and practical that way. but this is hard... because human population is growing and so are animal population. Altogether - it puts a strain on Earth's resource and biospheres to keep replenishing.

I don't know why Endy is blaming USA for this. Just look at China, India, Africa, and bunch other poor countries. They're dumping craps and everything into rivers and nature as they have no centralized disposal system. We have a controlled, regulated disposal system called Landfills and we have a controlled, regulated sewer system. That's why you don't hear of plague in here like West Nile Virus, Bubonic Plague, etc. Compared to other world - we hold it to a relatively high standard. quite simply - we only ask Americans to consume less resource. that is all. At least we still have our famous American Frontier.. most of other well-developed worlds don't. They're long gone.

If you want to make it better - better start human/animal culling :cool2:

USA as oil consumer is 21% of world's oil. 2nd is China at 6.5%. I don't see what's so shocking about it (beside the huge difference between #1 and #2). After all - we're the World Superpower. If we didn't have to be "World Police".... I'm sure the figure would go down to about 15% or less.

That's the price of being a World Superpower. BTW - Read about Hubbert Peak of Oil Production (google it). Have some faith in humanity. :cool2:

yes that's the difference. Awareness and Actual Cause. Al Gore and all these people are making the world be AWARE of this dooming situation (something that Bush Administration denied). It's just that NONE of scientists/scientific communities have said the ACTUAL CAUSE of this problem is caused by men. That's what i'm trying to say.

We should be concerned with our own surroundings because it is more realistic and practical that way. but this is hard... because human population is growing and so are animal population. Altogether - it puts a strain on Earth's resource and biospheres to keep replenishing.

I don't know why Endy is blaming USA for this. Just look at China, India, Africa, and bunch other poor countries. They're dumping craps and everything into rivers and nature as they have no centralized disposal system. We have a controlled, regulated disposal system called Landfills and we have a controlled, regulated sewer system. That's why you don't hear of plague in here like West Nile Virus, Bubonic Plague, etc. Compared to other world - we hold it to a relatively high standard. quite simply - we only ask Americans to consume less resource. that is all.

If you want to make it better - better start human/animal culling :cool2:

James Hansen disagrees with you:

James Hansen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

He is the man that Al Gore took inspiration from. He doesn't like what Gore has done but he stands behind his early research. He sounded the beacon long before Gore did.

Hansen notes that in determining responsibility for climate change, the effect of greenhouse gas emissions on climate is not determined by current emissions, but by accumulated emissions over the lifetime of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere. By this measure the U.S. is still the largest single cause of climate change even though its current emissions are surpassed by the PRC.[citation needed]

On public policy, Hansen is critical of what he sees as efforts to mislead the public on the issue of climate change. He points specifically to the Competitive Enterprise Institute's commercials with the tagline "you call CO2 pollution, we call it life"[9], and politicians who accept money from fossil fuel interests and then describe global warming as "a great hoax." He also says that changes needed to reduce global warming do not require hardship or reduction in the quality of life, but will also produce benefits such as cleaner air and water, and growth of high-tech industries

You waste too much time arguing on WHO and WHAT is responsible for our current climate.

We are past that. We can still reduce greenhouse gases and LEARN how to take care of our environment DESPITE what happens in the long term. This is something that we should have done a long time ago, instead of openly dumping waste in rivers and lakes and mining hazardous chemicals such as asbestos, etc.

People are careless when it comes to the pursuit of (ultimately worthless)paper money.

James Hansen disagrees with you:

James Hansen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

He is the man that Al Gore took inspiration from. He doesn't like what Gore has done but he stands behind his early research. He sounded the beacon long before Gore did.

that dude is the man. What an ass Bush Administration is for censoring and discrediting him. The only reason Al Gore can do this is because he's a well-connected politician and nobody can make him STFU. Kudos to him. His presentation was misleading but still.....

You waste too much time arguing on WHO and WHAT is responsible for our current climate.

We are past that. We can still reduce greenhouse gases and LEARN how to take care of our environment DESPITE what happens in the long term. This is something that we should have done a long time ago, instead of openly dumping waste in rivers and lakes and mining hazardous chemicals such as asbestos, etc.

People are careless when it comes to the pursuit of (ultimately worthless)paper money.
That is what I'm trying to say. Even if we start going green-friendly NOW... it does not make any impact at all on Global Warming (except micro-climate). James Hansen's study supports this and my post. He speaks of micro-climate and our biospheres. BTW - he did not link global warming to men ;) but he did say that EVENTUALLY... it will be at this rate.... but I'm not concerned about it at all. Why? 4-words: Hubbert Peak of Oil Production.

I have doubts about peak oil and right now, I'm 50-50 on a theory of peak oil and a theory that oil prices have been grossly inflated to support OPEC and other nations that depend on oil.

I have doubts about peak oil and right now, I'm 50-50 on a theory of peak oil and a theory that oil prices have been grossly inflated to support OPEC and other nations that depend on oil.

completely understandable. it's a savage world out there... and greed...

completely understandable. it's a savage world out there... and greed...

Peak Oil may be a research subject for a paper I have due soon. One of my courses, called Global Energy Prospective, talks a lot about the idea of peak oil and whether or not it actually exists, etc. I think it's possible but I have to keep my mind open to other possibilities as well.

Peak Oil may be a research subject for a paper I have due soon. One of my courses, called Global Energy Prospective, talks a lot about the idea of peak oil and whether or not it actually exists, etc. I think it's possible but I have to keep my mind open to other possibilities as well.

nice. good luck on it. I mean obviously - every resource has its limit. When will oil run out? probably in a few hundred years.

How about this? Look at coal.... tree.... steam engine.... and the old power sources we used to have back in old days. They're still around. Hubbert Peak applies to it. Just by looking at graph (see below), it's pretty much self-explanatory. This applies to our old power sources. Oil will be it too as we'll eventually get to new power source - could be battery, hybrid, ethanol, etc.

20071106_hubbertGlobalProductionPeak.JPG

btw - if you want to... ask that Global Energy Perspective professor if he/she thinks global warming is directly caused by men.

My take is that the more that demand rises, supply falls.

Like with OPEC. They want to restrict the amount of oil that people have access to. That's one factor but there are many more.

So, are you saying that all websites are created and made by the governments and environmental agencies INVALID? Websites are created by governments and environmental agencies made obvious records and facts. Still, you are shouting at them that they are full of Bologna, aren't you?

Indeed, It comes from Men - Definitely man-made production and continuity of usages. Industries and Transportation. People make cars and trucks from industries. People use cars and trucks that discharge CO2. Factories are man-made, brought coals and oils into machines to keep factories running all-round year, and produced a lot of materials. Heater burns oil and coals more than woods. Air Conditioners and Refrigerators are man-made and discharged CO2. The more warm air becomes, the more Air conditioners keep running 24 hours in the heat-long season. Hair sprays and other chemical sprays are man-made that gives away CFCs. Deforestation and land-clearing are caused by men with saws, axes, and torches. Coals and Oils are produced into electricity every day to meet the populations' demands, so is Nuclear Power giving away a lot of CO2. Kitchen appliances give away enough amount of CO2. The percent in people's usage of transportation has increased. Electricity is becoming more demands and they bring more oils and more coals to produce more electricity.

You know how smog does, the heat traps in the smog, that raises the air temperatures in the city, it upsets the wildlife, and so is the human population. This does affect on people's health, especially breathing. People are desperate for brief relief from smog. How can they be part of the adaptation to their localized climate changes?

Why don't you look up on Wikipedia? I am puzzled by your remarks on Wikipedia. It's a great resource! There are rich resources and references regarding Climate Changes. And you won't look into it? That makes me wondering.

Adaptation is near-impossible according to this link: Adaptations to climate change - Encyclopedia of Earth. Adaptation alone cannot eliminate climate-related damages completely. Even with all the possible protective measures, climate change will impose additional economic, social, and ecological costs. In addition to the adaptation measures taken privately and publicly, global communities should cut the rising greenhouse gases through an efficient global economic policy and cooperation. If we didn't do something with the climate changes, Costs of Adaptation is unpredictable and it's beyond our grasp. Another link to the Adaptation: Adaptation Network, a project of Earth Island Institute. It sounds like FEMA having troubles with adaptation programs up on victims of Hurricane Katrina and other government agencies assisting the homeless people who lost homes to wild fires and flooding in the recent years. Why isn't the Earth correcting, or even the adaptation in the Africa. For instance, the recent cyclone wiped Myanmar off the map and how can the adaptation apply to this one? Meterologists said that cyclone was the biggest monstrous one than ever, compared to Hurricane Katrina. What about the jungle life after deforestation in the Brazil? Where can those animals go after the rainforest is wiped out. How would they fit in the description of adaptation? More rare land animals are moving to the near-extinction, and so are the rare marine animals. If the warm water continues in the Great Barrier Reef and it is coral-bleaching, how can they adapt their marine life without a reef. They can be threatened to be eaten by other marine animals.

These websites made some points that IF we take our parts to prevent the climate changes, adapt our habits and alter the lifestyle, therefore Adaptation is possible to catch up with minimal of economic involvement.

I am chuckling on this college education. I don't believe in sending people to university to be a smart person. (Oh please!). People have choices. People have ways to learn and educate themselves, such as home schooling. I am one of them. However, if it is free college tuitions, I can consider but banks making a lot of money out of students' loans, and so are the universities. Therefore, I am not interested into universities and colleges. No hard feelings.

Still, you are calling all websites that created by governments and environmental agencies full of bullsh*t? Even to those websites by United Nations?

There are a lot of people really upset by George Bush for not taking part of the Kyoto Treaty. Everybody who were part of the environmental organization and agencies, even the governments who were totally into environment causes -- everyone was all excited, pumped up because they can go ahead, work on their goals on reforms on the Energy resources and other green issues. He denied it. His administration denied. England, France, Spain, and most Europeans were so pissed off. They worked so hard for the treaty. Now, look at the relationships with the US citizens and Bush Administration, everybody is miserable and highly criticizing him badly. Of course, he is like other oilmen who don't believe in the global warming and climate changes at all. Climate change is just right under your nose. Everybody is affected by Climate changes. Why denying while the facts are there?

Yes, we do contribute the causes to the climate changes. The climates in the Artic are increasing, melting ice -- and we are flooding some shores of Norway, The Netherlands and some areas of lands that is lower than sea level.

Last, your professor quoted, "this is simply a transformation of global environment (the phase that Earth is going thru to correct and adapt in response to accommodating the biosphere.)" Okay, can you give me the best examples that there was the place that transformed, self-corrected and adapted in response to accommodate the biosphere, such as marine life in Great Barrier Reef and wildlife in the glacial area in Artic? Once ice is wiped and Polar bears will be wiped. So are the rare Great Barrier Reef fishes when coral bleaching is complete.

Anyway, why cannot we start becoming green, living green lifestyle? We can start conserving water, give up gas/oil for solar power, alter transportation method, etc. This lifestyle can slow down the global warming/climate changes. It'd accomplish if it happens, the adaptation can be easily managed.

Jiro won't and refuse looking into Wikipedia as he stated in the previous posting.

Again, Looks like he sets his mind to win the arguement, no matter what. It's not a win-win game, he made it a win-lose game. Jiro and I are simply on the opposite sides. It's not getting me anywhere agreeing on his part. After I laid out the links to support my claims, he denied couple things. He is patronizing me, discouraging me, discrediting me for having my viewpoints and even on my learnings. This is not getting healthy in the argument and I am not having fun now.

I mean... everything is right in front of you, the news reporting the unusual incidents that links to the warm air/water temperatures. It's right there... Look over there, it's just right there... Hey, look over there... its right there. Look at this, it is next to your shoes, it's right there. Did you see that, no? Oh, never mind!

BradBob, I agree with ya and I am going to give in. I think I see your point that its best to move on.

I already posted one or two posts before this. Those posts will be my last ones for this thread.

So, are you saying that all websites are created and made by the governments and environmental agencies INVALID? Websites are created by governments and environmental agencies made obvious records and facts. Still, you are shouting at them that they are full of Bologna, aren't you?
Find the exact quote that I said that because that is not what I said at all. I said you MISUNDERSTOOD it and I said those information in their websites DID NOT link the cause of global warming to men's activity.

Indeed, It comes from Men - Definitely man-made production and continuity of usages. Industries and Transportation. People make cars and trucks from industries. People use cars and trucks that discharge CO2. Factories are man-made, brought coals and oils into machines to keep factories running all-round year, and produced a lot of materials. Heater burns oil and coals more than woods. Air Conditioners and Refrigerators are man-made and discharged CO2. The more warm air becomes, the more Air conditioners keep running 24 hours in the heat-long season. Hair sprays and other chemical sprays are man-made that gives away CFCs. Deforestation and land-clearing are caused by men with saws, axes, and torches. Coals and Oils are produced into electricity every day to meet the populations' demands, so is Nuclear Power giving away a lot of CO2. Kitchen appliances give away enough amount of CO2. The percent in people's usage of transportation has increased. Electricity is becoming more demands and they bring more oils and more coals to produce more electricity.

You know how smog does, the heat traps in the smog, that raises the air temperatures in the city, it upsets the wildlife, and so is the human population. This does affect on people's health, especially breathing. People are desperate for brief relief from smog. How can they be part of the adaptation to their localized climate changes?

yes.. smog... within biosphere (above our own environment) but not Earth. We adapted to it by coming up with technology, conservation policy, etc. Look at New Orleans - we basically lost nearly all of it. Adaptation? Simple - pumped it out and fix it.

Did you forget Everglades National Park? Do you understand the purpose of that massive, costly project?
Did you forget about Hoover Dams and the purpose of it?
Did you forget about El Nino and La Nino Phenomenon/Paradox?

Why don't you look up on Wikipedia? I am puzzled by your remarks on Wikipedia. It's a great resource! There are rich resources and references regarding Climate Changes. And you won't look into it? That makes me wondering.

Because it is NOT a reliable source nor acceptable source nor reputable source since it is editable. Have you ever seen any of scientists' papers that used wikipedia as their reference? First thing you learn in college is that you're not allowed to use wikipedia as citation for your paper. As far as I'm concerned - oil company people could edit that wikipedia to make it sound like Global Warming is a hoast. :dunno:

Adaptation is near-impossible according to this link: Adaptations to climate change - Encyclopedia of Earth. Adaptation alone cannot eliminate climate-related damages completely. Even with all the possible protective measures, climate change will impose additional economic, social, and ecological costs. In addition to the adaptation measures taken privately and publicly, global communities should cut the rising greenhouse gases through an efficient global economic policy and cooperation. If we didn't do something with the climate changes, Costs of Adaptation is unpredictable and it's beyond our grasp. Another link to the Adaptation: Adaptation Network, a project of Earth Island Institute. It sounds like FEMA having troubles with adaptation programs up on victims of Hurricane Katrina and other government agencies assisting the homeless people who lost homes to wild fires and flooding in the recent years. Why isn't the Earth correcting, or even the adaptation in the Africa. For instance, the recent cyclone wiped Myanmar off the map and how can the adaptation apply to this one? Meterologists said that cyclone was the biggest monstrous one than ever, compared to Hurricane Katrina. What about the jungle life after deforestation in the Brazil? Where can those animals go after the rainforest is wiped out. How would they fit in the description of adaptation? More rare land animals are moving to the near-extinction, and so are the rare marine animals. If the warm water continues in the Great Barrier Reef and it is coral-bleaching, how can they adapt their marine life without a reef. They can be threatened to be eaten by other marine animals.

These websites made some points that IF we take our parts to prevent the climate changes, adapt our habits and alter the lifestyle, therefore Adaptation is possible to catch up with minimal of economic involvement.
oh lord.... again - you got confused. The adaptation I speak of is the adaptation done by nature to correct itself and I have already proved it to you based on the link you provided previously. Now you're talking about adaptation by humans. BIG DIFFERENCE.

and beside... I guess the dinosaurs in prehistoric age didn't have any choice, huh? they were wiped out by ------ (could be asteroid, comet, whatever). Look at now. See? no big deal. That is what's so beautiful about our Earth. some things die, some things are born (new species). don't worry.

I am chuckling on this college education. I don't believe in sending people to university to be a smart person. (Oh please!). People have choices. People have ways to learn and educate themselves, such as home schooling. I am one of them. However, if it is free college tuitions, I can consider but banks making a lot of money out of students' loans, and so are the universities. Therefore, I am not interested into universities and colleges. No hard feelings.
lol. lol. lol. lol. nothing more for me to say. oh the youths these days....

Still, you are calling all websites that created by governments and environmental agencies full of bullsh*t? Even to those websites by United Nations?
see above.

There are a lot of people really upset by George Bush for not taking part of the Kyoto Treaty. Everybody who were part of the environmental organization and agencies, even the governments who were totally into environment causes -- everyone was all excited, pumped up because they can go ahead, work on their goals on reforms on the Energy resources and other green issues. He denied it. His administration denied. England, France, Spain, and most Europeans were so pissed off. They worked so hard for the treaty. Now, look at the relationships with the US citizens and Bush Administration, everybody is miserable and highly criticizing him badly. Of course, he is like other oilmen who don't believe in the global warming and climate changes at all. Climate change is just right under your nose. Everybody is affected by Climate changes. Why denying while the facts are there?

Yes, we do contribute the causes to the climate changes. The climates in the Artic are increasing, melting ice -- and we are flooding some shores of Norway, The Netherlands and some areas of lands that is lower than sea level.
I've already explained why USA rejected Kyoto Treaty. If you cannot understand it - nothing more I can do for you. Why protest against USA? Go protest countries like China and India for spewing their pollution and smog into USA. If they clean up their acts, we will. no doubt.

Last, your professor quoted, "this is simply a transformation of global environment (the phase that Earth is going thru to correct and adapt in response to accommodating the biosphere.)" Okay, can you give me the best examples that there was the place that transformed, self-corrected and adapted in response to accommodate the biosphere, such as marine life in Great Barrier Reef and wildlife in the glacial area in Artic? Once ice is wiped and Polar bears will be wiped. So are the rare Great Barrier Reef fishes when coral bleaching is complete.

3 words - El Nino Phenomenon. Many thought of El Nino as a devastating hurricane that destroyed many habitats and changed the face of Earth. Why is it called a paradox... a phenomenon? See link below -

El Niño Phenomenon Could Help Reforest Semi-arid Regions
World heading towards cooler 2008

WAIT WHAT? COOLING??? no way! Like I said - The cause-and-effect in Earth is not as simple as you thought. Global Warming is in effect... a Global Cooling to come. That's the adaptation and correction by mother Earth. We humans have NOTHING to do with it and we can't do anything about it.

The subject of El Nino is remarkably confusing for many people. Many people have viewed it as a warning sign... a God's wrath due to our "activity" that contributes to Global Warming. I have to correct you on that. This is how Earth adapts to itself in response to destructive El Nino -

El Nino's Blessing Kiss

BEFORE El Nino -

AFTER El Nino (not a same location but you get some idea) -

Anyway, why cannot we start becoming green, living green lifestyle? We can start conserving water, give up gas/oil for solar power, alter transportation method, etc. This lifestyle can slow down the global warming/climate changes. It'd accomplish if it happens, the adaptation can be easily managed.

we are adapting. it simply takes time... for technological innovation. Nuclear Power Plants do not take up lands and it is HIGHLY efficient and it is perfectly safe. If we all switch to solar power and hydroelectric dams and such - we'll have to build THOUSANDS of it to meet USA's power demand (and only few nuclear power plant can provide equivalent amount as those) which means it'll consume heavy amount of resources to manufacture it and we'll have to destroy many lands for it and poor Bambi is wandering around on street. Is that what you want?

Back